Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 08:36 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
Tough. Nobody should shed any tears for this loser. Without a 'good old boy' descredited prosecutor, this moon faced hick would be facing a trial for murder. As it is, he gets off on his on testimony and a DOJ that is only considered impartial because its headed by a black man.

DOJ reports dont trump trials and Wilson is just another small chined wonder with a badge, a gun and a whole hillbilly department at his back.

Most reasonable people know a video recording would have showed Wilson for the milk weed coward he is.

How RACIST can we be on this forum?

Mebbe we should all start pushing the envelope.

If video would have showed Wilson to be a coward...it most assuredly showed Brown to be a worthless street thug. No doubts on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 09:08 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Ever time cop obeys his training he gets thrown under the bus
Stop training cops to kill people
Train them to wound assailants
Head shots should not be used
And where exactly are you proposing they shoot people?
With a handgun, leg shots are just as lethal as head shots. Arm shots are unbelievably difficult, and often not going to stop someone. Torso is going to be "least" lethal, especially center mass.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:10 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Ever time cop obeys his training he gets thrown under the bus
Stop training cops to kill people
Train them to wound assailants
Head shots should not be used
Yea, and if the perp has a gun the cop should shoot it out of his hands...you know like in the movies...

Old 08-05-2015, 10:21 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,951 times
Wilson will have days and years to contemplate what if. Yep. His life was routine before the incident. Now he is suffering from PTSD. What goes around comes around.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:09 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
And where exactly are you proposing they shoot people?
With a handgun, leg shots are just as lethal as head shots. Arm shots are unbelievably difficult, and often not going to stop someone. Torso is going to be "least" lethal, especially center mass.

With a .9mm, sure. Use a .45 ACP and you are talking a different story. If using a revolver a .357mag, .38 sp or .44 sp or .44 mag will stop most people with one shot. Sure, you can pump 15 rounds with a .9mm but it only takes one from a big bore firearm with a large casing.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:05 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
The only way to explain Trayvon Martin being able to pound George Zimmerman senseless on the ground is that he had a transporter beam him to Zimmerman's coordinates. That, or Zimmerman ran up on him. Which is more likely. Only in a Red State can someone be an aggressor and simultaneously be in a self-defense situation. Can we stop the pointless back and forth on this? In or out of the car is just pointless obfuscation. George pressed an attack and Martin responded. Why shouldn't he respond!? Did he recognize GZ as Law Enforcement? You have no answer to that. Why? Because your answer is that you would have shot anyone doing what GZ did before he got close enough to actually touch you. But of course Martin should have avoided any confrontation. He should have allowed himself to be taken down, possibly robbed. Beaten, killed. Whatever. And later, after its all over, seek redress through the proper legal channels. Oy... you can't make this stuff up.

I'd understand the whole Mike Brown thing better if Brown had been shot at a distance. But I'm ok with how its turned out. Brown is dead, and it is not at all clear to a lot of people that he needed to be killed. So Wilson, although exonerated, is a pariah. OJ got off, but it was not at all clear to a lot of people that he was innocent, so, although exonerated, he was a pariah. When, and if, you really must kill someone, its usually clear, and afterwards, even if not always exactly a hero, you are at least not a pariah. That's how that works, and will always work.

I've seem not a single shred of evidence that police are going easy and avoiding interaction with black people over fears of misconduct backlash. Quotas still have to be managed, and black people remain the go to population for the bulk of stops and arrests. There is absolutely zero debate on the fact that, by the numbers, white criminals outnumber black criminals 3:1. There are nearly 8x as many white people as black people. Even if every single black person in the United States was a criminal you would still have more white criminals. Unless you actually want to make the argument that there are no white criminals at all. Do we want to go there?

So, forgive me if I remain bemused at the fact that black people are arrested at more than 500x(!) the rate of white people. I mean... we are awful folk. I know we are. But we simply aren't as bad as all that. And yes, looking for trouble is how a lot of white law enforcement wind up in shooting situations with black men. If "going easy" really means "not looking for trouble", then I for one actually thinks this is a good thing.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:03 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
The only way to explain Trayvon Martin being able to pound George Zimmerman senseless on the ground is that he had a transporter beam him to Zimmerman's coordinates. That, or Zimmerman ran up on him.
Your ignorance should hurt you. But, I guess if ignorance really is bliss, you would be reluctant to educate yourself and arise from the darkness in which you remain.

How did you follow the trial? Did you have your eyes and ears covered?

The evidence showed clearly that TM took off running from where GZ was parked. GZ exited his vehicle to try to see where TM was running to, and remained in that area waiting for the cops. That area was the so-called T part of the sidewalk that ran through the apartment community.

The evidence showed that TM had reached his father's girlfriend's apartment, some 200 yards from where GZ was waiting. In any event, the confrontation, per GZ's account (and consistent with the evidence), started near the T. The scuffle ended up some 20-30 feet inside the walk from the T between the buildings. GZ's flashlight was found on the ground very near the T, which is consistent with GZ's account that TM punched him at about that spot.

After GZ and the non-emergency dispatcher ended their call, GZ was in that general area and he was still there when the confrontation began and ended. I don't think GZ believed that TM was nearby. GZ had already seen TM take off running.

Evidence admitted from the cops who coordinated the neighborhood watch program also showed that GZ was always reluctant (afraid) to confront or engage the people whom he was watching orreporting.

Evidence that was not admitted, but which authenticity is not in dispute, shows that TM bragged about his strategy of sucker punching his opponents in the nose in order to gain an advantage in a fight. Coincidentally, GZ testified, unaware of such evidence, that TM had sucker punched GZ in the nose to start the fight. Evidence (photographic and medical) shows that GZ in fact had been hit hard, at least once, in the nose.

And you believe against all evidence that GZ ran up on TM to confront TM...

Funny, innit, how GZ's knuckles were clean... clean like he never hit anything with them.

Quote:
Only in a Red State can someone be an aggressor and simultaneously be in a self-defense situation.
GZ was never the aggressor. There was ZERO evidence to support that ridiculous assertion.

But, I suspect you are completely ignorant of the ancient law of self defense. It is one of the oldest laws codified by human beings. It was Roman law and English Law before it was American Law. It is intuitive. You needn't be a legal professional to understand the law of self defense. One can in fact start off as an aggressor and yet still become a victim and be entitled to act in self defense. I'm not going to waste my time educating you, though, as this is not what happened in the GZ and TM case, and also, you can Google to learn about self defense.

Quote:
Can we stop the pointless back and forth on this?

Only if you can start to state the facts and evidence correctly and stop posting falsehoods.

Quote:
In or out of the car is just pointless obfuscation.

In fact, it is not. But, I suspect you would not understand the significance of the facts in this regard.

Quote:
George pressed an attack andMartin responded.

Hahaha! There is ZERO evidence to support that ridiculous assertion. GZ had no marks on his knuckles. He was bloodied on his face and the back of his head. The back of GZ's clothing was wet and grass clippings were stuck on his back. TM had marks on his knuckles and no marks on his body other than the gunshot. TM's pants were wet at his knees. The forensics showed that TM was atop GZ when TM was shot. The only eye witness to the fight testified that TM was atop GZ doing the ground and pound on GZ. The evidence showed that TM returned to the area where GZ was standing after TM had already reached the safety of his father's girlfriend's apartment, some 200 yards away from where GZ was standing.

You have NOTHING to support an argument that GZ attacked TM. ZILCH.

Quote:
Why shouldn't he respond!?

TM did not respond. He attacked GZ. TM suckered GZ, just as TM had bragged about sucker punching opponents in order to gain an advantage in fights. TM liked fighting. GZ was reluctant to confront/engage the pople he watched and reported.

But, you think, against all the evidence and facts known, that GZ attacked TM.

Quote:
Did he recognize GZ as Law Enforcement? You have no answer to that.

How is that relevant to anything?

Quote:
Why? Because your answer is that you would have shot anyone doing what GZ did before he got close enough to actually touch you.

Say what?

I would have shot a person standing around on a sidewalk for doing nothing?

Quote:
But of course Martin should have avoided any confrontation. He should have allowed himself to be taken down, possibly robbed. Beaten, killed. Whatever. And later, after its all over, seek redress through the proper legal channels. Oy... you can't make this stuff up.

You can't make stuff up? Haha! You've made up an entire fantasy to support your narrative.

Too bad for you, and forTM, that none... NONE... of the evidence supports anything you assert.

Oh, and you think only conservatives in red states can come to the conclusion that TM was guilty and that GZ was justified in using lethal force in defense of his self?

Again, you are pathetically wrong.

One of my favorite legal commentators is the very liberal Jeralyn Merritt, an American criminal defense attorney who is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court and is a member of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, and who received the first annual Marshall Stern Legislative Achievement Award from the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), for which she has served as a member of the Board of Directors (1995–2001), secretary (2002–2003) and treasurer (2003–2004), and as the vice-chair of NACDL's Innocence Project from 1998 to2002 and on various other committees.

Jeralyn is also famous among attorneys and social justice folks for her excellent site, Talk Left, The Online Magazine with Liberalcoverage of crime-related political and injustice news... She is not a red state conservative!

Here is Jeralyn criticizing Obama's speech regarding the Zimmerman trial:

Whether Martin was black, white or purple was not a factor at the time of the shooting. Zimmerman's will to live without permanent brain damage was entirely reasonable. Stand your ground or no stand your ground, self-defense is judged by the circumstances that existed at the time deadly force was used.

It is unfortunate that Trayvon Martin lost his life, but he was wrong to use his fist and the cement as a weapon and attack George Zimmerman. Changing the law is not an appropriate response when the state failed to prove Zimmerman had an alternate means to extricate himself from the danger. Suggesting that someone being beatenshould wait for a fatal or near-fatal blow before defending himself makes no sense.

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 08-06-2015 at 02:51 AM..

Old 08-06-2015, 04:53 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They were still defending Brown today in the media. He was a thug and Wilson should have gotten his job back after he was exonorated.
The locals unveiled a memorial plaque to Brown a few weeks ago.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:00 AM

299 posts, read 187,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
The locals unveiled a memorial plaque to Brown a few weeks ago.
They are planning a three day remembrance this weekend for Mike Brown in Ferguson and on Monday they said it will be a day of civil disobedience. They literally announced this on the news and told the police they want them to use restraint

Old 08-06-2015, 05:02 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm telling you he had a whole lot of death threats that were mainly directed at him by black people.

Deal with it.

From now on, when I post things that are meant to be satirical or sarcastic, I'll try to note it for those who are a little slower than the rest of us.

Zimmerman is a citizen with no obligation to follow the instructions of a dispatcher. He is a member of a community that was experiencing crime that the local police were always too late to respond.

If your first reaction is to beat up a person following you, don't be surprised if you end up in a coffin or prison one day. It appears Martin did just that, and where did he end up?

The best thing to do is get home and/or call 911.

Yes, he should have went to the valet, had his car parked and then walked back over to Brown.
No genius. Any cop knows not to pull up alongside the guy before getting out. Secondly, Zimmerman is not a cop. If he was so brave, he should have stated what he was doing. If someone is following me, I'll do everything I can to protect myself. So sad you don't think a black teenager should be allowed to do that. Then again, being the racist you are its not surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events