Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 11:48 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
This is yet another case that needed a bodycam.
I am all for body cameras. I think they are good for the cops and public alike. It will cut down on complaints and will show an accurate version of what happened. It will hold cops accountable when they are at fault and it will also be great evidence in criminal trials of perpetrators. I would stress any false complaints against police be fully prosecuted then as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 12:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I am all for body cameras. I think they are good for the cops and public alike. It will cut down on complaints and will show an accurate version of what happened. It will hold cops accountable when they are at fault and it will also be great evidence in criminal trials of perpetrators. I would stress any false complaints against police be fully prosecuted then as well.
Really? How is that? When the police usually arrive 10 to 20 minutes after all the excitement is over, do tell how their bodycams (dashcams) are going to be of any use in a criminal trial.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
This is yet another case that needed a bodycam.
I agree with you. Thing is you have several cops who have turned off their bodycams and beaten suspects. Many of them still have this need to beat down the suspects that they subdue. I think this should warrant immediate dismissal when done. Moving a suspect out of the coverage of a dashcam should also warrant immediate dismissal.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Hey, still beats being Michael Brown.
Really? I don't know for sure, but I somehow doubt that MB has to worry about paying his rent going forward. Just saying.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:46 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,988,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Really? How is that? When the police usually arrive 10 to 20 minutes after all the excitement is over, do tell how their bodycams (dashcams) are going to be of any use in a criminal trial.
The criminal trial being discusses included a cop. Last time I checked, cops don't show up to a scene and have their body cam show up 10-20 minutes later. The whole point of this thread with the addition of the body cam topic is discussing how if Ofc Wilson had a body cam, the entire scenario would have been caught on said camera and that would have outlined EXACTLY what happened instead of having to deal with witnesses who are lying or just relying on one side of the story.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Only in blue states do we have Baltimore, Chicago and NYC.

By all means the cops should go easy when in those exemplary neighborhoods. To hell with the normal citizens, let them sort it out and police themselves. They don't like or want the cops there anyway. Their immediate family may be
ne'er-do-well thugs so won't rat on them as the RACIST police might come looking for trouble. Why bother, wait for "Death Wish" time.
Please. Those areas are the way they are because cops LONG AGO said "to hell with the normal citizens" and started using the criminal element to amass personal fortunes. How is it only unarmed black men get shot? You think cops are stupid? They don't go NEAR the real pieces of work at loose in society unless loaded for bear. When they are out and about they look for soft targets like low level street punks. I-Phones and I-Pads are being taken off well to do white kids in the nicer areas at a rapid clip and the police are nowhere to be found. They are all up in the hood stopping and frisking young black men for guns that they know they do not have! If they thought there was an actual gun in play they would be away so fast you would hear a sonic boom. Only on City Data is it not generally known that Stop and Frisk in NYC recovers 3X!!! as many guns from the very few white men that have ever been stopped as from the tens of thousands of black men that have been stopped.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:04 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,800,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
The locals unveiled a memorial plaque to Brown a few weeks ago.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:25 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
What's really sad here is, I'm not sure if the parents are just acting in front of the media or coerced by the Al Sharpton & Co to lie in front of the media. Just like the Tawana Brawny rape case.

It may take another 10-15 yrs for them to come out and admit that they lied in front of TV.

It's such a shame the parents basically ignored the facts about their sons real criminal history. Any responsible parents would feel ashamed of their children's misbehavior and accept some of the blame.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:31 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,134,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
There is absolutely no evidence that supports the notion that GZ started the fight.

Nothing about GZ suggests that he had the guts or inclination to start a fight.

Everything we know about TM, however, shows that he not only enjoyed fighting, but, also bragged about his strategy of sucker punching his opponent in the nose in order to gain an advantage in a fight.

GZ, unaware of that evidence regarding TM's fighting history and strategy, testified that TM suckered him in the nose.

What evidence have you got to support your ignorant notion that GZ started the fight?
If you go out on the street right now and tell a random stranger to come here and start chasing them and you actually confront them, you are the instigator. Everyone looks at TM history, but ignores Zimmermans history.

Yes TM was a wanna be thug, but if Zimmerman just left him alone and didnt assume he was there to break into homes, we wouldnt even know who either of them ever were.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:37 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,134,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You have no proof that Zimmerman started the fight but your mind is made up. Take this into consideration though. If you are going to start pounding someone's head into the ground, you better be prepared for the other person using anything possible to stop the assault, including deadly force. That is what happened to Trayvon.
Zimmerman had a weight advantage of Trayvon, he could have easily have pushed him off. He did not have to shoot him, when he was the one to decided to stop and run after him and ended up getting hiz blank whipped. If GZ minded his own business and not assumed, no of this would have ever went down.

If TM really was smashing his head into the concrete, then yes he was fighting dirty and have every right for the other person to defend themselves, but Zimmerman went into that with a false sense of security because he had a gun and knew no matter how bad things went he could easily shoot Trayvon

Im not a Trayvon Martin fan in the least bit, as he was just a wanna be thug, but Zimmerman proved he is a liar and even after the trial that he is just scum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events