Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2015, 08:16 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Anyone actually watch the video?

It's from our local NBC Los Angeles station.

If this is true, and not staged while the old white woman was out of line, the son(who sure is enjoying his 15 minutes) and the mother were out of line to.

If it is real, you ignore her comments, you don't start filming it and adding fuel to the fire(which is what the mother and son did).

I don't buy everything the media sells.

I live in LA, the IHOP that this happened at the old white woman is in the minority, you're going to hear Spanish, Korean, and few other languages. In fact chances are good she was the only white person in there.

Unless she is senile(in that case pity her and excuse her) or she has a death wish to "stir the pot" in the area she was in was beyond foolish.

It makes about as much sense a white person going to restaurant in South Central LA and shouting out "all blacks should be sent back to Africa", to see what the reaction will be.

If this happened in the south, the Midwest, Texas or even out in the Inland Empire of Southern CA, ok, in LA proper in that area?????? Not so sure it's real.

There is an agenda in this country to divide people, black against white, straight against gay, now we're seeing Latino against white.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:41 AM

35 posts, read 224,030 times
This incident wouldn't have happened if these words by President Theodore Roosevelt had been adopted as part of our nation's policies.

https://maranatha777.wordpress.com/2...n-immigration/

"We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Old 08-09-2015, 08:56 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety View Post
This incident wouldn't have happened if these words by President Theodore Roosevelt had been adopted as part of our nation's policies.

"We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”
Thank God those words were never adopted into law. If that statement were taken literally, the U.S. would be some totalitarian state, and probably most of us on C-D wouldn't even be living here.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:56 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,067 times
Quote:

Which means you want to force people not to speak their own language privately?
Ah, 'murica the land of the free and of the brave.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:58 AM

35 posts, read 224,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
It's not about me I merely posted Roosevelt's words. I am sure he didn't intend that in private such as your own home you couldn't speak another language. "'murica"?

Last edited by tweety; 08-09-2015 at 09:07 AM..

Old 08-09-2015, 10:04 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
That's correct. In fact, this is why it was rude for the white lady to say anything to them.

We don't know whether it was loud or not. Why are you assuming it was?
I absolutely agree that the older white lady was rude and wrong.

I was not assuming it was loud, but a lot of people on the thread were which is why I asked how they knew it was.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:09 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Roosevelt's quote says nothing about the forced speaking of English in private.
We've really gotten out of hand with all the recording of confrontation and public shaming. What person thinks "let me dress them down then rally the world behind me online"? Someone who wants to turn an incident of rudeness into a national political big deal, that's who. Someone said this needs to be exposed, so my question is to what purpose? Should we publish her name and address so she can be tarred and feathered in the public square?

Old 08-09-2015, 10:10 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:

Would not pass the First Amendment muster.

Mick

Old 08-09-2015, 10:20 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schroeder View Post
Speaking Amish is fine because they are white. It's ok to speak white languages. Here's the ok ones: German, English, and all the weird ones like Irish, Norwegian, Dutch (From Denmark), Norwegian, Polish, Jewish, Chekesloavakia and others. Russian is not really ok but acceptable because Russians are kind of scary and Russian strippers are HOT. French is NOT ok either even though they are kind of white (dark hair) because they are anti American. Unfortunately there is not much we can do about French names like St. Louis and New Orleans. We just have to live with this most dark part of american linguistic history.

Bad languages are: Ebonics, Spanish, Spanglish, Somalian, African, Arabic, North Korean and Paki

Undecided: Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Indian, Punjabic, Hindu. PROBABLY ok but also ok to do the 'ching chong' behind their back because they are annoying (good at math, good food but TOO SPICY)

If you keep these rules in mind you will never have to deal with any language based humiliating youtube incidents
"Amish" isn't a language and if you think that the Amish don't get any flack, you must never have been in an area where they are present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Folks, "Jewish" is not a language.
I had a question about many of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It makes me smile when I hear the "Deliverance" type of people complain how the immigrants should stop talking in "Mexican" and learn English.

Mick
Anybody check out jobs lately and see how many require that the person speak Spanish? Years ago, in 2000, we were at Disney World and the management and union were discussing requiring ALL employees to learn Spanish.

This story is no big deal at all. I do wonder if there wasn't something that didn't set off the anger beside the fact that the militant illegals are making so many demands and overrunning many areas driving them into third world status.

Someone being rude to another person. Oh, my! I can't imagine. I bet there was more to the story; there always is.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:52 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I absolutely agree that the older white lady was rude and wrong.

I was not assuming it was loud, but a lot of people on the thread were which is why I asked how they knew it was.

The You Tube video is linked on the original thread here.

No one handled this well(if it is even real).

And the son of the Latino woman is certainly enjoying the attention, which it makes it more suspect.

As a long term LA resident I find it hard to believe knowing the area this happened in, that anyone in their right mind would even make that comment in the first place.

Besides the fact that people in LA are going to be more tolerant and accepting of other cultures(you can't go through your day and not hear a foreign language and not just Spanish).

So if it's real, the old white woman is a little "off" or this is staged.

People need to "wake up" and realizes not everything on the news is real.

You would have to have your head in the sand to not realize there is an agenda to get the racial tension going in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events