Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 04:17 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
97% illegal or legal? Are Mexican Americans more tolerant of illegal immigrants? I wonder, or are they just in fear of them. That makes more sense.

We have sheriffs down by our border overworked because there aren't enough feds covering our border. It's difficult and dangerous because 1/2 of them are smuggling arms and drugs. People picture this nice family walking over the border ready to work hard fleeing oppression but a lot of it's illegal gang bangers doing a days work smuggling. They are armed and dangerous. Why do we welcome that to our country?

What most of them want is to get rid of the drug lords and criminals from their government so they can be happy in their own country. Allowing all those criminals and drug lords to come here isn't solving their problem it's just spreading it like a disease. People really need to wake up and smell the real issues.
I don't think that most Americans of Mexican roots are afraid of illegal aliens I think they want them here due to ethnic ties. It is a cultural tribalism that trumps our immigration laws and yet we should amnesty those with this same mindset? I don't think so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 04:32 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
I'm afraid Trump won't live long enough to possibly try and right the sinking United States of America. He is too popular and has the right ideas.

I sure hope that Mayor and his cronies get jail time as traitors. Hell, Obummer is a traitor too. IF he was born an American.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:39 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,663,404 times
This is some funny stuff that I read here. Let me tell you how it really works at least here in a rich Texas community. If I call any company for any work, I get a white owner or sales person to give me a quote. However, all the work is performed by Latinos most can't speak English and are day labor. The city doesn’t want to see day labor hanging around stores like Home Depot and wants them centrally located for easy pickup and drop-off.

The city acquired the land and build a new house along with a drive-thru. The laborers show up early each morning and the contractors drive-thru for easy pickup. Most use the same laborers day after day. Starting price is about $10 per hour more for specialty work.

Small and medium business is dependent on hard working cheap labor and Texas is built on it. Yes, a few of our Texas politicians give us the required rhetoric but will never act upon it. Live with it, it will never change.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
This is some funny stuff that I read here. Let me tell you how it really works at least here in a rich Texas community. If I call any company for any work, I get a white owner or sales person to give me a quote. However, all the work is performed by Latinos most can't speak English and are day labor. The city doesn’t want to see day labor hanging around stores like Home Depot and wants them centrally located for easy pickup and drop-off.

The city acquired the land and build a new house along with a drive-thru. The laborers show up early each morning and the contractors drive-thru for easy pickup. Most use the same laborers day after day. Starting price is about $10 per hour more for specialty work.

Small and medium business is dependent on hard working cheap labor and Texas is built on it. Yes, a few of our Texas politicians give us the required rhetoric but will never act upon it. Live with it, it will never change.
Seems they're being treated like cattle.........didn't think this was legal.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems they're being treated like cattle.........didn't think this was legal.
Day workers..you find them in all cities.
They usually congregate at the local HD or Lowe's and contractors pick them up in the AM and drop them off in the PM.

Been going on for years.

The problem with centrally located day labor buildings is that soon the homeless show up and the panhandlers and the place becomes a mess.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:44 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
The fact that these people are "out" yet are not prosecuted
Being undocumented/illegal is not a prosecutable offense.... because.... it isn't a crime

Old 08-06-2015, 07:09 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,232,797 times
These people are NOT citizens of the United States, so they should NOT hold government positions that TAXPAYING CITIZENS hold. Why are illegals allowed to do ANYTHING here? They should have been deported before reaching college. I hope they aren't receiving financial aid for their education...

Old 08-06-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Being undocumented/illegal is not a prosecutable offense.... because.... it isn't a crime
Wrong! They are here in violation of our immigration laws and it is a deportable offense. That's just the tip if the iceberg. Many if not most are felons by working here under stolen or fake ID's or working under the table evading taxes.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:

It is against the law to hire cheap, illegal labor so these contractors who hire them are breaking the law. Hard working? Americans aren't hard working?....please. It's all about more profit not that they can't find Americans to work hard for a fair wage. Who do you think did construction and landscaping jobs before the arrival of "cheap", illegal aliens?

Old 08-06-2015, 09:28 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:

Those lines are down in my state because we don't think hiring illegals is a good way to rid our state of them.
No wonder it's so cheap to live in TX. The homes aren't build by legal hard working construction workers who need a living wage, they are built with illegal slave labor who can live on ten bucks an hour because 20 of them live in a three bedroom house. My dream for this country is that those days are gone, and we can get back to paying our legal citizens a living wage so they can raise their kids and afford a home.

I have a lot of friends in the construction industry that want their jobs back and their pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events