Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 09:52 PM

557 posts, read 736,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You know, people like you and I ought to start using the same tactics that they have been using against Bill Cosby.

One woman, oh well, just trying to get something. Two, three, four, still questionable. A magazine cover full of victims...now it's getting clear.

Sure, the doubters in the police issue can excuse some of these cases. But they keep adding up, week after week after week. They sometimes enter neighborhoods with vehicles and equipment that were designed for foreign wars. They get lectures on how to shoot first and ask questions later. Video after video after video. And what do they do? They dig in their heels and can't see (in this case) the trees for the forest. They stick they fingers in their ears and make funny noises so they can't listen. And no wonder...many of these same posters go on some other thread about capital punishment and their mantra is kill, kill, kill, kill.

These people who perpetually refuse to see bigotry are not in any way aligning themselves with the Declaration Of Independence or the Constitution. They are not real Americans who believe in true justice.
The same can be said about school administrators protecting teacher perverts who sexually abuse children or verbally abuse children. I had a teacher who verbally abused me in school. She lied and my parents sent me in with a hidden recorder which recorded everything . Got the teacher and principal fired. The teacher was a racist and we proved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 10:15 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
The same can be said about school administrators protecting teacher perverts who sexually abuse children or verbally abuse children. I had a teacher who verbally abused me in school. She lied and my parents sent me in with a hidden recorder which recorded everything . Got the teacher and principal fired. The teacher was a racist and we proved it.
For those reading Phxrider's, quite a few times now when he doesn't like one of my posts, knowing that I am a former principal, out of the blue he brings up administrators and teachers who sexually abuse children. It's what most people would call a "low blow".

You haven't explained how the teacher was racist. Why don't you. It would be interesting to us. What is your race and the race of the teacher? What did she do that was racist? Or, to be honest, are you just making this up as part of your smear tactics?

Most of us here on this forum would be in favor of teachers or administrators being taken to task -- whether that means a job action or a legal action -- who abuse children in any way. We would also be in favor of the child-victim getting extensive psychological counseling.

I've asked you before, and I'll ask you again -- since you like to bash teachers and administrators, please share with us your profession. Perhaps someone would like to pick that apart, as well.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:37 PM

557 posts, read 736,570 times
I am Half white and Hispanic and the teacher said some hurtful things about Hipanics, she was AA. Principal actually overheard one of the comments but lied and said it never happened. My parents sent me to school with a tape recorder and got it all on tape. Teacher was fired and principal for covering for her and I received a lot of money. Teachers have no integrity and most will lie to cover for fellow teachers when it comes to sexual perversion, racism etc. Now they are molesting students, sending perverted text messages to students and stealing money. They can all be replaced by online learning , in this day of modern technology we don't need them and their over bloated budgets. Look all the money that was donated to the Newark NJ school system, not a dime towards students. Well cops are not the only ones that need to watch cameras, teachers are now being filmed also.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:57 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,417,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
"Men are most apt to believe what they least understand." - Pliny the Elder

How many of us here are or were police officers?

How many of us here know that there is a small group of violent, anti-government and anti-police people in the west who call themselves "the Constitutionalists?"

How many of us here know that police officers (and Secret Service agents) are trained that if they can't see the hand, it is a threat to a scene you control until the hand is exposed and found to contained no weapon?

How many of us here know exactly what, under the law, the drawing of a pistol by a policeman is? (Ans: It is a use of force that is less than deadly force, often defensive in nature.)

And finally, how many of us, without knowing what was going on in this event, or what was going on in the policeman's mind, have generalized some bad activity by some policeman to this guy, or this guy's perceived bad conduct to all other police officers - and then posted it here as our final judgement ...for all to read? Wow.

All those lives I've saved, all those victims I've gotten their property back, all those violent people I've locked up - and the biggest threat to me is a camera?

Really...?

(To everyone else, 'You're welcome." )

R-3
The guy doing the video seemed pretty unstable to me .
I deliver mail and if someone I didn't know started filming me as I drove down the street I would check it out.
If the person kept filming me as I sat in my truck I'd think he was some kind of nut.
You have to remember that mail people get threatened , shot, and accused of all kinds of stuff too.
I'm not saying the officer acting correctly. I just understand why the guy probably seemed a bit suspicious.
Apparently the guy has some issues with the cops regarding his son. I certainly don't know that whole story, but I do get the impression the guy was "acting" for his video. If he was really afraid I would think he would've just put his hands up. Instead, he points his finger at the cop and says don't touch me, blah blah blah.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 08-13-2015 at 01:15 AM..

Old 08-13-2015, 01:28 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,025,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yeah.... I saw that. Since when did being a "Constitutionalist" become a bad thing?
The only difference between this cop and a million others is this one is more honest, then most. He comes right out and says he hates the Constitution. When you see cops smashing people's phones, for taking video, or shooting rubber bullets at demonstrators, do you think those cops respect the Constitution? Hell no. They all hate the Constitution. They want to have control over people, and Constitutional rights limit their power over people. So of course they think being a Constitutionalist is a bad thing.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:34 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,417,559 times
It's already been mentioned that there is a fringe group that calls themselves Constitutionalists. Probably similar to the Oath Keepers or something.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:03 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
The guy doing the video seemed pretty unstable to me .
I deliver mail and if someone I didn't know started filming me as I drove down the street I would check it out.
If the person kept filming me as I sat in my truck I'd think he was some kind of nut.
You have to remember that mail people get threatened , shot, and accused of all kinds of stuff too.
I'm not saying the officer acting correctly. I just understand why the guy probably seemed a bit suspicious.
Apparently the guy has some issues with the cops regarding his son. I certainly don't know that whole story, but I do get the impression the guy was "acting" for his video. If he was really afraid I would think he would've just put his hands up. Instead, he points his finger at the cop and says don't touch me, blah blah blah.
Your argument is extremely weak.

People are used to seeing postal carriers on their street every day. When a police car shows up, it's different.

If you saw someone legally filming you (which is this guy's right) while delivering mail would you go out of your way and pull up in front of their house, escalate the situation and pull out a gun? If your answer is yes, you would lose your job and wind up in prison.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:38 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
He refused to take his hand out of his pocket.

He tried to start something or he wouldn't be taping.
Umm...no. That's just what the cop said in order to make it justified for him to pull his gun. Of course, there was no reason for him to pull his gun in the first place. That was just himself being a cop. You can plainly see in the video that his other hand was pointing at the cop.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:32 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
I am Half white and Hispanic and the teacher said some hurtful things about Hipanics, she was AA. Principal actually overheard one of the comments but lied and said it never happened. My parents sent me to school with a tape recorder and got it all on tape. Teacher was fired and principal for covering for her and I received a lot of money. Teachers have no integrity and most will lie to cover for fellow teachers when it comes to sexual perversion, racism etc. Now they are molesting students, sending perverted text messages to students and stealing money. They can all be replaced by online learning , in this day of modern technology we don't need them and their over bloated budgets. Look all the money that was donated to the Newark NJ school system, not a dime towards students. Well cops are not the only ones that need to watch cameras, teachers are now being filmed also.
Okay.

Now, my suggestion is that you stay on topic in the various threads and not continually sideline the message by insulting me, which has been your only intention by bringing this up 3 or 4 times now in threads that had nothing to do with the topic being discussed. I had nothing to do with your unfortunate situation, and, at least as you describe it, I agree that the teacher and principal were highly unprofessional and probably deserved what they got.

To insinuate that all teachers and administrators are sexual perverts -- which you have done repeatedly now -- is hyperbole. And you are complaining about a teacher saying "hurtful" things to you (your choice of word), and now are stooping to her level by saying "hurtful" things to me...rather than staying on topic.

Frankly, I have no problem with classrooms having cameras. Although, when that topic has come up, the people who complain the most are mostly parents. But teachers or administrators doing wrong is just as wrong as cops doing wrong (although too often with cops it results in death, which is a little more serious than hurt feelings).

Now, I could use all sorts of inaccurate stereotypes to insult Hispanics or people of mixed heritage, and thereby be "hurtful" to you, but that's not the way I operate. I suggest that you operate at the level of integrity that you expect of others, and avoid the constant slurs. Otherwise you are simply putting yourself in the same category as your teacher.

In regard to online learning, in some instances it works, and in others it doesn't. Our school tried it in a foreign language course (Latin), and it was an unmitigated disaster. The students and parents hated it. It doesn't work for a biology lab or physical education or as a replacement for debates of historical topics. It has its place.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:28 PM

125 posts, read 87,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Umm...no. That's just what the cop said in order to make it justified for him to pull his gun. Of course, there was no reason for him to pull his gun in the first place. That was just himself being a cop. You can plainly see in the video that his other hand was pointing at the cop.
If you turn your speakers on you will hear the guy refuse to take his hand out of his pocket. Only upon the officer drawing his weapon does the guy not only take his hand out of his pocket and without request takes things out including a second cell phone and a fair amount of keys.

Had he just taken his hand out of his pocket like an adult and not acted like a pedantic adolescent the gun would have remained holstered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events