Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2015, 03:15 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
18 pages, so I don't have time to read all...but at first I thought, to give him the benefit of the doubt that he could have had a seizure/heart attack and the car went off (okay, maybe unlikely that the car was aiming right for the dealership front glass doors?). But seems like he deliberately drove through it, broke some windshields of cars in the lot, and was hanging out inside the dealership. His father doesn't know what happened:

"The father didn't know what could have prompted his son to allegedly drive his SUV into the dealership.
"You know, it could have been too much drinking, he could have been wrong place at the wrong time, he could have gotten something and he didn't know what he was getting," the father told the affiliate. "I don't know.""

So---even the dad says it could have been "too much drinking" and that's not even addressing that there could have been more toxic, behavior-altering drugs. Wrong place at the wrong time? Didn't his son elect to be at the dealership at that time? Gotten something that he didn't know what he was getting? Say what?

Obviously this kid should not have been there. The issue is whether the cops could have subdued him/arrested him in a nonlethal way? I'm not a police officer. I'm clueless about this, so I can't say. But I do think a young football player could have been a physical threat, even if unarmed (I personally would not want a football player to be bashing my head/body into the ground).
The toxicology report should be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 03:17 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The toxicology report should be interesting.
Yup. Let's face it, football players of any race are the stars of colleges and feel entitled to behave in ways that other students wouldn't and couldn't get away with. I'm guessing this is more just feeling like Big Man on Campus who can do anything he wants and more like some drug...

Old 08-09-2015, 03:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Yup. Let's face it, football players of any race are the stars of colleges and feel entitled to behave in ways that other students wouldn't and couldn't get away with. I'm guessing this is more just feeling like Big Man on Campus who can do anything he wants and more like some drug...
On the videos, he looks really bizarre and out of it. And wearing shades at night? Weird. His behavior was bizarre. To me it's very likely that he was either on some weird drugs (or having a very strange reaction to some drugs) or was having some sort of psychotic break - or both.

Regardless, what we DO know even though we don't have video from inside the showroom, is that he was acting violently and destructively and very strangely. This sort of behavior does not bode well when it comes to a confrontation with law enforcement. There is nothing in his behavior on video that implies he'd be reasonable or that he would obey authority. Don't forget that while he was destroying property, there was a loudspeaker blaring out across the lot that he was under surveillance and I believe it was also saying that the police had been called. This had absolutely no effect on him whatsoever.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:39 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Only on this thread or all of them? Curious you'd pick thia thread. Btw, this isn't twitter, just trying to help you.
In real life. I know the policy is "shoot-first, don't ask questions at all if the victim is black" in your right-wing fantasyland, but that's not how it works in this country.

I know this isn't twitter, my post was a play on the "black lives matter" hashtag. Congrats on being the first person that needed to have this explained to them.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:56 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,844 times
This kid was technically unarmed...but his body could easily be used as a weapon. You could say that about any of us, but let's face it, some more than others. I don't know much about football, but isn't tackling people in a violent way part of the game? And the only reason why opponents aren't battered more is because people are watching and there are rules? If this cop was a student at the school trying out for the football team, at 49 (and probably never as strong/in the excellent shape the football player was in), would he have been chosen for the team? So I for one can't say that he wasn't being assaulted/threatened---would have to know more from the autopsy about where the cop was when he fired...but since I am not a forensic scientist, I wouldn't understand at one point a cop would need to fire if someone was charging at him (and yes, I said, charging at him---isn't that what football players do?).

Old 08-09-2015, 03:58 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,518,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
In real life. I know the policy is "shoot-first, don't ask questions at all if the victim is black" in your right-wing fantasyland, but that's not how it works in this country.

I know this isn't twitter, my post was a play on the "black lives matter" hashtag. Congrats on being the first person that needed to have this explained to them.
You know this how? Back up your statement that you know that the policynis as you said you know. Congrats on me being the one that called you out on making a false statement.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
This kid was technically unarmed...but his body could easily be used as a weapon. You could say that about any of us, but let's face it, some more than others. I don't know much about football, but isn't tackling people in a violent way part of the game? And the only reason why opponents aren't battered more is because people are watching and there are rules? If this cop was a student at the school trying out for the football team, at 49 (and probably never as strong/in the excellent shape the football player was in), would he have been chosen for the team? So I for one can't say that he wasn't being assaulted/threatened---would have to know more from the autopsy about where the cop was when he fired...but since I am not a forensic scientist, I wouldn't understand at one point a cop would need to fire if someone was charging at him (and yes, I said, charging at him---isn't that what football players do?).
His body isn't what ran into the dealership, that would be the car he was driving. No, it can't be said of any of us, we are not the criminal driving the car into the dealership. If the cop was a student? LOL, how about the criminal not being one and then none of this would have happened. How about that? Criminal. Played a game and lost.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:05 PM

He was a criminal who happened to attend college. Rapists, burglars, and child molesters do to, doesn't change what they are, criminals.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:33 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Another poster who thinks a cooperative driver whose car starts rolling away deserves a bullet in the head.

Brilliant.
Your problem is not knowing what 'cooperate' means. Dubose might have been murdered, but he didn't cooperate.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:33 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Was the criminal guy who ran a car into a dealership innocent?
Was the guy who ran into the dealership guilty of a capital offense? No, he was not. Which means that the thug cops who murdered him were guilty of violating his Fifth Amendment rights. People who violate peoples constitutional rights are un-American and enemies of the United States and all people who value freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events