Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 10:30 PM

23,608 posts, read 12,543,921 times

Advertisements

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2319836
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 10:35 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
Hopefully the POS who pistol-whipped the cop rots.

And i'm not surprised the cop got mocked online. People hate cops these days.

Last edited by SouthernTiger; 08-09-2015 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: Add more data

Old 08-10-2015, 12:31 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
There've always been people who've hated cops. That's nothing new. I'm not sure there are really that many more than there ever were, although that's certainly possible I suppose. Each of us would probably have a hard time proving one side or the other.

What does seem to have changed is that a lot more people are losing respect and trust for police officers in general, and with very good reason. And I'm one of them, even though I'm the son of a former police officer. But that's not the same as "hating" them.

Either way, I agree that the taunting and mocking of this officer is very sad and inappropriate. This is one unarmed black man I wish had been shot by the officer who'd pulled him over, before the punk took his gun away from him.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:55 AM

928 posts, read 970,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Hopefully the POS who pistol-whipped the cop rots.

And i'm not surprised the cop got mocked online. People hate cops these days.
Yes, alot of people hate the cops these days.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:44 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Where are the pages and pages of outrage?
Quote:
The deaths of unarmed black men at the hands of police across the country — including Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., and Eric Garner in Staten Island — have sparked massive protests.

The backlash has made officers “hesitate” in dangerous situations for fear they’ll lose their jobs.

“If the officer would have shot him, then he would have shot an ‘unarmed man,’” Boackle told Al.com. “Instead, he took the gun from the officer. The officer had every right to shoot him. We’re lucky we’re not talking about him killing the officer.”
Instead they are risking losing their lives because they now are waiting for the person they stop, if they even risk stopping them, to make a verifiable attack first. It ought to matter a great deal to the rest of us non-perps, we as a nation have crippled law enforcement's ability to protect not just themselves, but us too.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:54 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

Instead they are risking losing their lives because they now are waiting for the person they stop, if they even risk stopping them, to make a verifiable attack first. It ought to matter a great deal to the rest of us non-perps, we as a nation have crippled law enforcement's ability to protect not just themselves, but us too.
That's why we need to get them all body cams. Nobody should have to take a beating like that for a freakin job.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:13 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
I think the police should pull back from the "urban community" for a while...say four months or so.

After a few months of not having to deal with murderous, racist, thug cops the "community" may wish to re-invite them back into their neighborhoods...for some strange reason.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:36 PM

519 posts, read 777,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I think the police should pull back from the "urban community" for a while...say four months or so.

After a few months of not having to deal with murderous, racist, thug cops the "community" may wish to re-invite them back into their neighborhoods...for some strange reason.
It would only get worse.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:50 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

I totally agree with you. There was a cop killed last week when he pulled over a thug during a drug deal and there was NO outrage about his life being taken. I didn't even see it on the news! Why aren't we having marches or protests when this happens? I wouldn't want to be in law enforcement today for all the money in the world.

I agree with the poster that said all cops should back off. At least they're a little safer that way, but they also have a target on their backs just for being cops, so they can't win anyway you look at it.

I also think that maybe the cops should be segregated. The black police can police the blacks and the white cops can police everyone else.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:49 PM

557 posts, read 737,210 times
Thug animals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events