Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 02:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
How old are the children?

It's in the article. 16 and 18 months. And YES, they do look older than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 04:15 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
She's a wet nurse. They've been around for centuries.
Yup

Old 08-12-2015, 04:29 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
All my mine nursed until they were about 2.5 years old, so I have no hangups about breastfeeding. But, I never really felt the need to make a public "statement" of it by posting pictures of it on the internets; it comes across as a tad narcissistic. Breastfeeding is normal and natural; there is no need to cover up or hide in a bathroom stall... but for the sake of my children's privacy, my future employment prospects, and maybe a wee bit of paranoia over fetish websites, I kept my fun bags off of the web.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:47 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,054,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I was in this discussion on another site which had a pic of this woman and these 2 kids.

Trust me, this is not your typical ''wet nurse''.

These kids are WAY too old to be suckling and the leer on this chick's face is disturbing, to put it mildly.
I don't get the impression she is leering, I get the impression she looks like someone who likes to make private things public and she is sharing. Typical way a person looks toda.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:48 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,054,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
All my mine nursed until they were about 2.5 years old, so I have no hangups about breastfeeding. But, I never really felt the need to make a public "statement" of it by posting pictures of it on the internets; it comes across as a tad narcissistic. Breastfeeding is normal and natural; there is no need to cover up or hide in a bathroom stall... but for the sake of my children's privacy, my future employment prospects, and maybe a wee bit of paranoia over fetish websites, I kept my fun bags off of the web.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:24 PM

671 posts, read 900,188 times
Why did they take a picture and run to the news with this? Attention?

Old 08-12-2015, 05:43 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Looks like she has plenty of milk to go around.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:03 PM

5 posts, read 7,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
My grandfather had several "moms" as he called them. One woman was left in charge of the babies while the other moms went off to do some work or whatever. That 'mom' breastfed all of the babies as needed.

I find this lady a bit strange. Both babies are old enough to be weaned. The other mom is living with her and her husband.
First off,hello I'm new here I agree with you on the age of the children. Also for some reason when I first looked at the photo of her with the two boys I got the distinct impression that all is not as they say. That there is some sort of umm..."relationship" with the 3 or is it four people. The boys look much older in the very first picture than they do in the others. They are about 3 or 4 in the very first picture. Sorry if I've offended anyone. I breastfed all 3 of mine until they were 18 months old. And there IS an age that it becomes inappropriate to continue. Such as the lady a few months ago breastfeeding here 7 or 8 year old son,while eh stood on a stool in front of her.This was on a magazine,can't remember which one though.

Last edited by Morrigan_3; 08-12-2015 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-12-2015, 06:43 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's in the article. 16 and 18 months. And YES, they do look older than that.
Yeah totally not way too old no matter what they look like.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:44 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Some people use the internet to change people's perceptions. I see nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact, some people have changed their minds about breastfeeding because of those narcissists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events