Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 12:07 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times

Advertisements

As has been stated several times, abusers usually start with animals. I hope the culprits are found and severely punished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 03:18 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This does seem to be a disturbing trend. I think it's done because a lot of white people own dogs and many people hate dogs and white people.

Mess with my dogs and one best hope the police get to them before I do! This is very sick and sad!
Welp, in what seems to be a disturbing trend for this board, race being brought into the discussion only took a whooping 2 posts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
3 shepards, the police wouldn't give an Eff, they're shooting people's family members without a care in the world. Which is WHY I would have to take matters into my own hands.
And, the "all cops are evil" was 5 posts in, marking yet another disturbing trend.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:35 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
As has been stated several times, abusers usually start with animals. I hope the culprits are found and severely punished.
Yes, I have heard when kids do this, it is the beginnings of Sociopathy. It sickens me that anyone can be like this and I think reflects how they have been raised. Obviously, they are not those who will be able to have relationships with animals or humans, a type which is out there amongst us.. ((shudder)).

Old 08-12-2015, 05:09 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yes, I have heard when kids do this, it is the beginnings of Sociopathy. It sickens me that anyone can be like this and I think reflects how they have been raised. Obviously, they are not those who will be able to have relationships with animals or humans, a type which is out there amongst us.. ((shudder)).
It's not the beginnings, it's just one of the signs of a budding sociopath with a taste for blood. We have no treatment. They can't be cured.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:09 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
I almost did not want to read this story.. this makes me ill and angry.. as does any harm done to or other sad stories regarding animals. I feel badly for his owners.. (I don't know how I could have rested, knowing my pet had not returned since the previous afternoon).

It disturbs me greatly how some can emerge to be so cold and heartless. I hope something is found out and that the attackers will pay for their actions. (Though those who commit horrible acts may end up in prison, it doesn't seem to dissuade acts of violence from occurring, does it?)

Old 08-12-2015, 05:14 AM

167 posts, read 168,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I would be on the hunt....it would get ugly for sure if that had been MY dog.

Seriously, why do we need evil creatures like these on this earth ?
Yet some on this forum would defend their rights to life, simply because they are precious humans and the pomeranian was "just a dog".
i agree Bandon. I do not want anyone that would do this on my planet.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:16 AM

167 posts, read 168,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It's not the beginnings, it's just one of the signs of a budding sociopath with a taste for blood. We have no treatment. They can't be cured.
Smith and Wesson makes a great cure for this.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:17 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
Smith and Wesson makes a great cure for this.
Yeah, but you've got to get away with it.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:20 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
That poor dog. According to the article, it seems that the ones who did it are likely local. To me, that almost makes it worse. If they knew where the dog lived, they'd seen him around and probably had seen him with his owners.

I hope they catch them soon.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:25 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
There's no mention of race at all in the article.
It isn't mentioned in the linked article, but apparently the owners were a mixed-race couple. My first thought was another "hate crime" hoax, but the vet has confirmed that the dog was beaten. So, unless one of the owners actually broke all of its bones, it seems to be a legitimate crime. But it probably had less to do with race and more to do with that endless yapping Pomeranians so often engage in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events