Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 12:39 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,100,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Then see through me. Not only black lives matter; all lives matter.
^^^Case in point..

Every time people fight for equal rights & civil rights there will be a certain type of person that fights against them. This is the American narrative. MLK experienced the same sentiment that you're expressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 06:49 AM

6,415 posts, read 9,726,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
^^^Case in point..

Every time people fight for equal rights & civil rights there will be a certain type of person that fights against them. This is the American narrative. MLK experienced the same sentiment that you're expressing.

Don't even dare compare the BLM movement to anything MLK did lol He caused change and reform without throwing one stone, he never burned down a city, he didn't loot.

Wow you really are grasping for anything to make the BLM seem more important than it really is. The BLM is nothing like MLK. MLK was a true leader and inspirational to many.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Don't even dare compare the BLM movement to anything MLK did lol He caused change and reform without throwing one stone, he never burned down a city, he didn't loot.

Wow you really are grasping for anything to make the BLM seem more important than it really is. The BLM is nothing like MLK. MLK was a true leader and inspirational to many.
The BLM movement uses civil disobedience and protest to force change. MLK used a similar strategy. While both organizations had different goals during different times, their strategy is similar. You conservatives hated Dr. King when he was alive. So your new found support for him now that he is long dead in his grave is noted. He died fighting against the conservative movement of the time... To most conservatives he was an agitator not inspirational...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular

Last edited by SHABAZZ310; 08-21-2015 at 02:33 PM..

Old 08-21-2015, 02:38 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,140,284 times

*sips tea*

Old 08-21-2015, 03:56 PM

6,415 posts, read 9,726,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The BLM movement uses civil disobedience and protest to force change. MLK used a similar strategy. While both organizations had different goals during different times, their strategy is similar. You conservatives hated Dr. King when he was alive. So your new found support for him now that he is long dead in his grave is noted. He died fighting against the conservative movement of the time... To most conservatives he was an agitator not inspirational...

Here's What Black Lives Matter Activists Want Politicians To Do About Police Violence
I was less than 2 years old when he was killed. So I am confused at your statement that I hated him when he was alive. Do you really think babies carry hate towards someone they don't know ? I think the BLM has messed up your mind a little bit if you really think I hated someone I didn't know. I'm sorry you feel that way about babies.

i don't think MLK would have supported the BLM. I don't really understand how anyone can support a group that promotes violence and destroys the very cities they live in. It's kind of funny to think of it that way to be honest.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I was less than 2 years old when he was killed. So I am confused at your statement that I hated him when he was alive. Do you really think babies carry hate towards someone they don't know ? I think the BLM has messed up your mind a little bit if you really think I hated someone I didn't know. I'm sorry you feel that way about babies.

i don't think MLK would have supported the BLM. I don't really understand how anyone can support a group that promotes violence and destroys the very cities they live in. It's kind of funny to think of it that way to be honest.
You're being a little obtuse. When I mentioned "you conservatives" I didn't mean you in particular. I meant the American conservative movement. If you're not a conservative you can disregard. If you are a conservative it's a good chance MLK wouldn't side with your opinion on social justice and civil rights issues. There isn't a track record that shows so. One of the best ways to estimate what stance the late great King might have taken would be to see what way his son, Congressman John Lewis, and Jesse Jackson is currently taking.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:08 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,395,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am not a fan of BLM, but this is really like spitting in their face, isn't it? It's intentionally making light of a cause they consider very serious. If some a-hole said, "Baby killers, hahaha" in front of a veterans group, isn't that offensive and, at the least, in bad taste?

Mick
I don't think so. Spitting in their face would be if they named the event "Blue Live Matter More."

[can the slogan be registered ?]

Old 08-22-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I don't think so. Spitting in their face would be if they named the event "Blue Live Matter More."

[can the slogan be registered ?]
It might not be exactly spitting in their face, but they are misappropriating their slogan to a point.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:36 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,087,136 times
Lack of respect is a giant theme in the entire civil rights movement
And at the heart of violence in the community where very few people not of color reside
Respect may not be something to be sought from those we rarely see but from those whom we have daily contact?

Old 08-22-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Lack of respect is a giant theme in the entire civil rights movement
And at the heart of violence in the community where very few people not of color reside
Respect may not be something to be sought from those we rarely see but from those whom we have daily contact?
Many movements have been created because of a lack of respect by a certain part of society has had for black people. When black folk are undervalued and disenfranchised civil rights movements tend to arise...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events