Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 04:53 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times

Advertisements

Every one has seen the youtube clips of the Bundy stand off by now. A cop approaches an armed man and gave him an order, the man goes for his gun , the cop says something like calm down brother. Replay that in your mind with a cop and a black man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 05:07 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Wrong if she killed herself outside of the Jail it's not theirs fault , however if they don't set up a suicide watch , and a person who has been suicidal in the past commits suicide it's on them because a suicide watch is suppose to guarantee that a suicide doesn't occur ......On Theirs WATCH....
Has it been proven that she was supposed to be on suicide watch and the cops didn't take the proper procedures or is that just another excuse people are using to try and keep this case alive?

But wait.....I thought her family members were saying how happy she was to be starting this new job and there was NO WAY she was depressed or suicidal?

So, which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:18 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
You really are clueless about police procedure. Plain clothes cops and off duty cops do wear their shields around their necks. In order to have both hands free and be able to identify themselves to the public and their uniformed brothers who are unfamiliar with them.
Normally they carry it in an enclosure like this. The guys in the videos still look like posers to me. But I'll admit that American cops are getting more amateurish all the time. So it's hard to tell. Maybe they were real cops.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:43 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
She hung herSelf. Nobody tied a noose for her.
At some point, one is responsible for ones own actions and you can't blame someone else.
Yes and the cop is responsible for his own actions as well and needs to be held accountable.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:48 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Thank you Lenniel for an excellent thread. I agree with you 100% and would only add "listen to the officer, and obey his commands" and you will not be shot. The same story with all these shootings is the person did not listen and do what the officer requested they do. Simple respecting authority like your Mother and Father.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:50 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
That stat says it all. Merica.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:33 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I have an acquaintance ..stopped for speeding that had the book thrown at her
for any violation they could find!
Why....because she actually said to them...'What, you just sit there waiting
for good people to go a little too fast? Why don't you go get some donuts?"

Problem with authority...and stupid...and no impulse control....needs rage management...

Old 08-14-2015, 12:37 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have an acquaintance ..stopped for speeding that had the book thrown at her
for any violation they could find!
Why....because she actually said to them...'What, you just sit there waiting
for good people to go a little too fast? Why don't you go get some donuts?"

Problem with authority...and stupid...and no impulse control....needs rage management...
Trust me, some people have no filters. I think some expect the police to be robots. At the end of the day use some common sense. That's like sending food back over and over to the same cook. Eventually he is going to do something. Logic fails some people and then they are shocked with the results.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:09 PM

8,205 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
No I do not have a link. It is from my memory of the news articles when this first happened.
I remembered the mental illness and homeless angle because I have a mentally ill friend and I am always worried this is how she will die.
Police do not get much training for dealing with mental illness and many (most?) mentally ill people can get quite hostile when confronted.
They aren't acting out of hostility. They are acting usually out of a place of fear. Police do not go in with a calming presence. Instead, they go in trying to show a unified force. All that does is escalate things. You need someone who understands and knows how to be calming to someone who is out of their minds in fear.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:15 PM

8,205 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Every one has seen the youtube clips of the Bundy stand off by now. A cop approaches an armed man and gave him an order, the man goes for his gun , the cop says something like calm down brother. Replay that in your mind with a cop and a black man.
That armed man was surrounded by other equally armed men though. Look at how the police reacted when the militant blacks in Ferguson (sp?) and Baltimore were united and were burning everything down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events