Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 06:47 PM

11 posts, read 8,463 times

Advertisements

Cops pull many people over for no reason at all. Cops will harass you for no reason. Cops have no problem lying on police reports or in court. Too many people act as if cops are incapable of doing something wrong. You dont have to commit a crime to be killed just be the wrong color. Too many people perceive minorities as criminals just by looking at them. A 24yo was killed by police in Charlotte. His car crashed and he was seeking help. He knocked on one door and someone called the police saying a black guy was trying to burglarize a home. The police see the guy walking the street they could care less about his story they are only looking for a burglar. They point a gun at him he runs and killed for it. Too many white people are given the benefit of the doubt by police whereas if your black no matter your income or education, you must be guilty of something. Thousands of minorities are being freed from prison every year because of abuses by cops who refuse to do their job the right way. Being black right now is plain scary. I am perceived to be a criminal, a thief, a liar, having multiple babies, on welfare, anything bad, its assumed I have those traits. While a white guy can go inside a movie theatre shoot up the place and no one is suspects them of committing a crime. Im looked at sideways all of the time. Women clutch their purses when they see me and I know I have more money than they do. Its assumed I listen to rap music. Just like its assumed a cop will always do the right thing. I think the only way to be safe now is to join the police force and have my badge on 24 hours a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 06:52 PM

8,208 posts, read 3,479,506 times
During the 'hunt for Dorner' the cops were just randomly shooting at people without even giving them a chance to surrender.

Cops flashbanged a little baby in a playpen. What crime did the baby do? The adult people in the home hadn't even committed a crime. The baby will be disfigured for the rest of his life. And no one in the home was even given the chance to surrender, either.

There was an elderly woman that cops busted in on and shot dead. She wasn't committing any crime.

Cops kill innocent people who haven't committed a crime.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad357 View Post
Cops pull many people over for no reason at all. Cops will harass you for no reason. Cops have no problem lying on police reports or in court. Too many people act as if cops are incapable of doing something wrong. You dont have to commit a crime to be killed just be the wrong color. Too many people perceive minorities as criminals just by looking at them. A 24yo was killed by police in Charlotte. His car crashed and he was seeking help. He knocked on one door and someone called the police saying a black guy was trying to burglarize a home. The police see the guy walking the street they could care less about his story they are only looking for a burglar. They point a gun at him he runs and killed for it. Too many white people are given the benefit of the doubt by police whereas if your black no matter your income or education, you must be guilty of something. Thousands of minorities are being freed from prison every year because of abuses by cops who refuse to do their job the right way. Being black right now is plain scary. I am perceived to be a criminal, a thief, a liar, having multiple babies, on welfare, anything bad, its assumed I have those traits. While a white guy can go inside a movie theatre shoot up the place and no one is suspects them of committing a crime. Im looked at sideways all of the time. Women clutch their purses when they see me and I know I have more money than they do. Its assumed I listen to rap music. Just like its assumed a cop will always do the right thing. I think the only way to be safe now is to join the police force and have my badge on 24 hours a day.
I'm white and I've been harassed by cops too.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:55 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
It's a badge of courage for some to defy any order. Be non compliant to the nth degree. Fight back, yell, scream, basically act like an idiot in the presence of a police officer. Then become a complete victim once sitting in the back seat of the cop car. You can't fix stupid.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:33 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
Oops, slight typo. Meant 'sick' not 'suck'

Old 08-12-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Uh.

I have been treated pretty crappily by cops even though I have not ever committed a crime. I've been pulled over for driving while brown. Not even speeding. Just driving. I have been treated rudely and with disrespect. I am a yes, sir, no, ma'am soft spoken person. I don't give lip. And I have been witness to the asshat powertrip parade.

I know a lot of cops personally bc I work with them. The ones i work with are always nicd to me. But it is obvious that many of these guys I work with are effed up crazypants powertrip nutjobs. MANY.
And amazingly you lived to tell the tale! That's shocking!

Old 08-12-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
And what crime was Aiyana Jones committing? What about Tamir Rice? Or Kathryn Johnston?

Newsflash: lots of people commit a variety of crimes, from jaywalking to armed robbery to flat out murder. That doesn't mean it's okay to shoot them down before they are properly arrested and face a judge/jury in a court of law. And on the flip side of the coin, many people are killed by cops who are not committing any crimes at all.

Not every victim of police brutality is a criminal and, to be honest, not even a criminal should be subject to police brutality. If cops can't arrest people, especially unarmed individuals, without resorting to killing them, then maybe these cops need to be retrained or removed from the streets for everyone's safety.
Again, if you don't commit crimes, your run ins with the cops with drop dramatically. Why is that hard to understand?

Old 08-12-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Again, if you don't commit crimes, your run ins with the cops with drop dramatically. Why is that hard to understand?
You can be sleeping in your bed and the cops will bust down your door throwing flash grenades and shooting before even announcing themselves. Why is that hard to understand?

Old 08-12-2015, 08:24 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
And amazingly you lived to tell the tale! That's shocking!
It should never have happened.
Ever.
I should not have been treated like s*** for having my home broken into.
I can tell you stories of escalated brutality that I have personally witnessed that was covered up on the job.

I am not a liberal. You guys don't know any cops if you actually trust them.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:25 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,533,072 times
This is such a thoughtless argument. Nobody thinks it's wise to commit most crimes. The criticism isn't about the crimes themselves, but rather how petty crimes or small struggles don't warrant a fatal shot to the head. Just because you're a criminal doesn't mean you deserve to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events