Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:12 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
To be fair I have read plenty of stories about male police officers doing stupid stuff like this as well. All this shows is that people are stupid. Not that just women are stupid.
The thread is nonsense. Apply the premise to soldiers and you'll see just how rediculous the idea really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 01:19 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Female police officers generally try to resolve issues without physical confrontation, part of that is because they realize they would have a tough time going one on one with an adult male, but the bigger issue is because throughout their lives women generally resolve disputes without physical violence. How many women are involved in bar fights, or are arrested for road rage? Personally I think the biggest factor in violent behavior is testosterone.
Historically I agree...
Today... not so... female gangs have become commonplace in big cities and society at large has become more prone to acting out..male and female

Women police are generally less effective in preventative patrol ... and most seek jobs away from being a street copper. I personally would not want service from a female police officer because of my lifetime developed bias watching... training.. working with female police...

Old 08-25-2015, 01:24 PM

898 posts, read 1,218,616 times
male criminals that are strong and especially huge would feel emboldened if it's only women cops. they'd also feel embarassed by allowing women to take them down. they are thugs after all and street cred. is numero uno. a GIRL cop taking me down? says no, every thug ever.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:28 PM

898 posts, read 1,218,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
no
generally speaking, women are less physically able to handle PHYSICAL confrontation with men, especially men who are bigger than them
Women are also seen as weaker, so a criminal might think he/she has better odds fighting a female cop than a male

it sounds like a recipe for disaster...not to mention affirmative action does not work...police departments should hire based on skill set...NOT gender or race
cops are actually hired (in nyc anyway) based on race because the precicnts want cops from their own kind policing the areas. black cops in black areas, russian cops down here in brighton beach, pakistani cops in kensington (in brooklyn), etc. etc. they mix it up with pairs but you will usually have someone from that same community. race is important when policing, not merit alone.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
cops are actually hired (in nyc anyway) based on race because the precicnts want cops from their own kind policing the areas. black cops in black areas, russian cops down here in brighton beach, pakistani cops in kensington (in brooklyn), etc. etc. they mix it up with pairs but you will usually have someone from that same community. race is important when policing, not merit alone.
Someone should tell Lowes.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not only would more black officers result in fewer Police shootings, I think cops who grew up in the community they serve are beyond doubt the best cops. But, starting in the mid 90's many agencies which I am familiar with began what you could call 'reverse discrimination' they began turning down applicants without a bachelor's degree, and they also discontinued the practice of sending recruits to the academy after they were provisionally hired. Now, in most agencies you have to pay for and find a way to support yourself for a 5-6 month full time Police Academy. A practice that is quite effective at preventing low income, minority applicants from ever being hired.
You can't prove that, not even close. The financial aid opportunities for minorities seeking to be police officers is amazing and plentiful. As usual, you just throw to see what sticks to the wall, demand other provide links and proof yet can't manage to take your own medicine.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:24 PM

203 posts, read 172,641 times
Yes, because women can't aim worth *****...

Old 08-25-2015, 04:29 PM

3,507 posts, read 763,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksalot View Post
Yes, because women can't aim worth *****...
a pms woman with a gun .. give me a black cop any day ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events