Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 11:05 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I am sure airline passengers can be a major PITA, but we flew on AA last year and the female flight attendants were downright rude, due to no misconduct on our part. No friendliness, no smiles, just attitude. The male flight attendants were super nice though.
Oh yeah no doubt. I've heard terrible things about AA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 02:42 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,942,903 times
Those thug cops probably beat her unmercifully once they were out of camera range. Did you hear the poor woman screaming?

Old 08-19-2015, 10:01 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
When I worked at Squalmart, I saw many a parent let their kids ****, even shat on the floor and continued on as if they hadn't noticed. So your point is ?
What is YOUR point?

Old 08-19-2015, 10:02 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Typical entitled attitude of some small dog owners, albeit an extreme one. What a spoiled woman. "Because my dog is tiny, he/she doesn't need to be confined. Others should put up with my dog." Some people don't like dogs or are afraid or allergic to them, and shouldn't have to be around them if they don't want to. The dog should have been put in the carrier for its safety and everyone else's.

This reminds me of one time I was at the Anchorage, Alaska airport in the security line. Of course security was going through their usual overdose of security measures and a bomb sniffing German Shepherd was led through the line of passengers and it smelled everyone to check for explosives. I wondered about that. I love dogs and have two giant ones myself, but what about passengers who are very allergic to dogs or afraid of them? Is it legal to subject them to a huge german Shepherd sniffing their bags, clothing, and person? I understand getting on a plane is voluntary, however, I had never seen or heard of this before, and none of the passengers had been warned of the dog checking us over before entering the line. I have flown several times since then, and have never experienced this again. I wonder if there were complaints about that.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:05 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
That's because they ARE family members to some people. And let's not go there with stupid stickers. Personally I have none on my car, but I see plenty of those stupid stick figures spreading all the way across the rear window of your average minivan.
From the tone of your posts it sounds as though you could use some anger management sessions.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:22 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I don't think the rules about bringing dogs into stores and other establishments has changed, it's more like that sense of entitlement and everyone else be damned mentality that lets people assume it's perfectly fine to bring their dogs into stores, restaurants and anywhere else is not challenged. Managers don't often say anything to those dog owners toting li'l "Phydeaux" around in a store, or in a restaurant-or huge "Bruise-ter" either, for that matter.And that sense of entitlement that allows folks to believe that their dog should be welcomed with open arms and a big ribbon-wrapped bone anywhere they take them is often accompanied by a sense of outrage that will be directed at anyone who takes exception to their pweshus pup in an establishment which traditionally has been off-limits to dogs with the exception of service dogs. And it just seems people don't want that kind of confrontation, so they don't say anything. And so the practice continues.

Or the other side of the coin:

We were in Scotland in June and my C.D. cyber friend picked me up for a magical afternoon with her husband and their precious little puppy. He went with us into a pub where we had a lovely lunch with him at our feet. He was extremely well behaved and you wouldn't even know he was there unless you looked. I've seen dogs on peoples laps on the buses there as well. I never once saw something left behind in the dog friendly city of Edinburgh, or Glasgow either for that matter. The small rehab hospital I used to work for used to allow patients dogs in for a visit. That lasted for 8 of the 10 years I worked for them. Again there was never a problem and it made me sad when they discontinued the program. It's not the dogs that are an issue. it's not even the "entitled" mentality that's the issue. There are a lot of dog friendly countries that are more progressive then we are here. Really what's wrong with having a small dog in a carrier in a hardware store? Heck the one in town has this Chihuahua on the table in a princess bed that barks and growls at everyone who enters. It's the owners dog. I think her smoking in a public place is ten times more annoying then her dog. Actually I feel sorry for the dog having to breath that polluted air constantly. Dogs can fit into public places as long as they are well behaved and properly trained. I guarantee I could take my boys into any restaurant and you wouldn't know they were there. It's not an "entitled" mentality that wishes our country was more progressive when it comes to having dogs in public places. I just love having my dogs with me as much as possible. We had a great couple of days this summer on the beach together. We had some nice long walks which is good for all of us. It's just sad that there are so many dog owners that are irresponsible about their pets training and picking up the waste. It's the idiot factor that ruins it for us responsible dog owners, not the "entitled" mentality.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:51 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Oh yeah no doubt. I've heard terrible things about AA.
Ha, so our experience is the norm with them? We are flying with them again this year because everyone else has 2 or 3 stops instead of 1 like AA.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:00 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Poor dog.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:03 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Quote:
Crosses what line ? there's a line ? Funny, I thought people were allowed to baby their pets as they saw fit.

Also, maybe said person hates children and has no intention of shooting out another resource sucker just to please the breeding masses.
Yes, there's a line.

It's called the "I'm weird and put my dog in a stroller and rock him in in my arms like a baby line".

Old 08-20-2015, 11:32 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Some of these people carrying dogs need to either have a kid or stop treating their dog like a kid. It crosses a line when they carry them in strollers and carry them around patting them and rocking them like they are a baby.
My dogs are my kids but I kinda agree. The stroller isn't the worst though. What I think is so tacky is when you put them in clothes. If you're doing it for a holiday costume contest and the dog seems okay with it maybe or if the dog is cold as they have little fur then yeah put a sweater on but the fact they even have a dog clothes section in pet stores is just...idk I don't even have words for it. I agree with Jay Leno's stance on that one. The dogs in the photos often look so miserable.

Obviously not dangerous like putting a dog in a hot car but it's still stupid to me.

Quote:
That's because they ARE family members to some people.
I wouldn't even argue about that one. People who say that are most likely blessed with a good family all around so they don't understand when a dog is better than a human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events