Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 04:53 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Did you not see the stretcher in the background? It is now parodical to take any one on drugs like that guy to the hospital due to liability. How could you miss the stretcher? Oh, no one watched the video.
I figured he was 51-50 and they were going to take him to the hospital for a psych eval. But like I said, I don't want to speculate on what led up to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 04:56 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Remember that man in Alabama who was paralyzed by a cop. The cop was later charged for that crime. It all started when someone called the police and reported a suspicious person in their neighborhood.

Alabama Cop Arrested for Takedown That Left Indian Man Partially Paralyzed - NBC News

I am bringing this up because the pig shills often ignore the video evidence and starting saying things like "he must have done something so bad that made someone called the police.", or "the police beat him up because he started it."

Old 08-19-2015, 06:23 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Oh I forgot they can run a snake down a toilet, that takes skill also.
Not even a fraction of what they do.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:24 PM
PJA

Quote:
Her typical thug anti police remarks. Probably a member of the thug lives matter movement. I wonder if she saw a black homeless guy committing a violent crime would she film it also, I think not.
you don't know what a thug is...bless your heart.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:27 PM
PJA

Quote:
What's the procedure then? Cite use of force policy please, what is SFPD procedure for mentally ill, what's a 5150? Let's hear it, you are better trained then the cops right?
Its definitely not slamming an innocent person the ground, and pinning him down under several officers for a long period of time.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Its definitely not slamming an innocent person the ground, and pinning him down under several officers for a long period of time.
There were never 14 officers on him at one time, the most I saw at one time I saw 5. It's a standard procedure, it is used because it's less harmful to the subject than using batons or pepper spray. It's commonly used in jails too. From what I have read the guy was running around the street yelling and threatening people with his crutches, even if the threat to others wasn't serious- he very well could have been hit by a car and killed; you can't just ignore that kind of behavior. No one arrested him, they restrained him so that he could be transported to a hospital for a psych evaluation.

I am not a cop apologist, check my other posts if you want to, but I'm with John Burris on this one (Mr Burris is a prominent Bay Area Attorney -he's the go to guy if you have been a victim of abuse or false arrest and this is what he said after watching the video:
Oakland attorney John Burris who has experience prosecuting use-of-force cases against the police tells the Chronicle that context is key here, and while people might be outraged by the fact that the guy only has one leg, "If you believe the police officers’ scenario, they have justification for the use of force that they did.†He adds, “If he was running around the street and creating a danger to himself and others, they were justified.†Video Of One-Legged Man Restrained By Police On Mid-Market Prompts Review: SFist

Old 08-19-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Remember that man in Alabama who was paralyzed by a cop. The cop was later charged for that crime. It all started when someone called the police and reported a suspicious person in their neighborhood.

Alabama Cop Arrested for Takedown That Left Indian Man Partially Paralyzed - NBC News

I am bringing this up because the pig shills often ignore the video evidence and starting saying things like "he must have done something so bad that made someone called the police.", or "the police beat him up because he started it."
I'm not a "pig shill", I am retired law enforcement. I wasn't there to see what led up to this, but from my understanding the guy was having a psychotic episode and was in danger of harming himself or others. They used a number of Officers for his own safety, it appears that they ended up with 14 because they called for backup when the crowd was getting larger. If they had only had one or two officers they probably would have had to use a baton, pepper spray, or taser to subdue him, do you think that's "kinder, or gentler?" Do you think it's safe to let someone in his condition run around the streets possibly harming himself or others? You have no idea what it is like to try to control someone who is having a psychotic episode. Go volunteer in a psychiatric facility and you will see psych techs employing exactly the same techniques as these officers did -or if you don't want to do that watch that prison show on MSNBC and watch guards do cell extractions.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:14 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

Video is a God send when dealing with the police. I hope the THUG cop in Alabama gets convicted.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The article I read in the link, didn't say a thing about him being taken in for medical evaluation. It just said they let him go. No a arrest, no charges. Information like this puts things in a different perspective. It wasn't in the piece I read.
He was transported for a psych eval. That's what I figured happened but it's clarified in a link I posted a bit ago.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:32 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,056,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Totally acceptable use of force for a man who was non compliant and who kicked the officers with his prosthetics. He was held in situ awaiting fire department response to determine his mental status
Blame is laid squarely upon the city and its citizens for reduction of mental health and homeless services in a sanctuary city

The self stated reporter played her racist agenda to the hilt

The man on the ground also played his victim card to the hilt... instead of taking personal responsibility for the reasons why police were called upon him

Four officers initially holding him down was entirely proper and acceptable . The additional officers responded because of the crowd... very typical in a liberal city ready to take on police actions for anything and everything

By the way..prosthetics have no feeling... not his anyway... perhaps one day... but not his
OKay, we need to go back to institutionalizing people we would see less of this. I do think they were excessive though. I respect the police for the most part, they have a ****ty and dangerous job, and I know you say, "Yes sir, no sir.." or "..yes ma'am no ma'am" and you keep your hands where they can see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events