Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 07:51 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv_desert View Post
Kiddo, I've got children your age. Your views tend to mellow as you get older, unless you are an extremist.

In a year or two, take a sample of the families touched by this. You'll see divorce. Bitter custody hearings, bankruptcy, foreclosure, restraining orders. Nothing good will come of this. I admire your ideals. Keep them for as long as you can. But this, in no way, is a happy event. It's just sad.
I don't know cheaters suck. If you are THAT unhappy in a marriage, LEAVE, and then, go poke someone else.

I have older kids, myself. I am not going bullcrap, but what I will state is: what's wrong is wrong, cheaters are wrong.

As for the hackers, I like what some folks raised on this thread, what if the hackers place fake accounts on Ashely Madison?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 07:52 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
The reason why breaking a strong lock should be considered a more serious crime is that it takes more thought and effort. You can't just do it on the spur of the moment casually. Stealing something that was left on a public sidewalk doesn't take as much effort, and can be done on the spur of the moment. Your analogy doesn't work because there is no comparison between stealing and murder.
Nonsense. Punishments for crimes is not determined by how difficult it is to perpetrate the crime. There is no reasoning behind the illogical and ignorance in the idea you present of how and why laws and punishments are created and determined. What is easy for one person can be hard for another, just like reasoned thinking. Nothing was left on a public sidewalk, another strawman excuse.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:12 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,233 times
Wouldn't call them heroes but I do find satisfaction that they've basically ruined Ashley Madison (a site specifically designed for cheating).

Old 08-21-2015, 08:13 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I don't know cheaters suck. If you are THAT unhappy in a marriage, LEAVE, and then, go poke someone else.

I have older kids, myself. I am not going bullcrap, but what I will state is: what's wrong is wrong, cheaters are wrong.

As for the hackers, I like what some folks raised on this thread, what if the hackers place fake accounts on Ashely Madison?
Can't you tell what accounts are fake and real based on the credit card information? Isn't that how they found out those two accounts were Josh Duggar?

Old 08-21-2015, 08:51 PM

6,385 posts, read 6,272,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
You will find that most people who want to mitigate or explain away criminal behavior engage in that behavior.
Or that the ones who are "outraged" are either on the list and/or have frequent online affairs.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:55 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
Can't you tell what accounts are fake and real based on the credit card information? Isn't that how they found out those two accounts were Josh Duggar?
Could I, or could you.. For just some random guy on the list? Most likely not. Because we don't know their CC number

However.. Say you're a woman and search for your husband.. His name and your address comes up.. Proof? No. As others have said, no email validation.. However.. The search also shows the last 4 digits of a CC number.. YOU would know that CC number is yours (most likely).. So.. Busted.

Important to remember that noone has posted such a search yet.. Emphasis on YET..

I don't consider the hackers heros.. But they've provided a valuable lesson about privacy on the internet.

what's basically happened is that all these people have just wound up on an unofficial sex offender registry.

I think some of the vehement protesters here are on that list.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:57 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,150 times
Adulty or signing up on AM is now a sex offense? Interesting idea to make this a crime of sorts as others seek to in practical terms, decriminalize non violent crimes as something other than crimes. I see this as something else, not as a support of what AM does but support for the rights ro do it, the same as those who say things one might disagree with but who can still support the right for them to say it. There is a real threat here. Just read how some believe that a crime should be punished or seen in seriousness as it relates to how difficult it is to commit the crime. That is contrary to the foundation of laws. When we become a nation that determines the seriousness of a crime based upon some arbitrary notion of how much effort it takes to perpetrate the crime, we will have indeed become less than a third world country as even they see the lunacy in such an idea.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:27 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,989 times
I am still loling just because Im sure the cheaters are freaking out. It's not a "mistake" when you cheat as some here have said. You make a decision to cheat. Too chicken to be honest with your SO? Guess you gotta deal with it now. I don't feel sorry for the cheaters at all.

I have been wondering though... what if the hacker is actually someone who tried to delete their account to avoid being caught or is someone who got caught because their account was never deleted?

Old 08-22-2015, 02:44 AM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,019 times
Any women on this site ? Usually these sites are scams with 99% of the consumers being male.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:20 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,313,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv_desert View Post
This could break up families. I see nothing heroic about it.
I'm 100% against hacking, but please don't pull out this tired excuse. The only person who's breaking up families is the person who cheats, not the person who exposed them. Ignorance is not bliss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events