Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 11:11 AM

613 posts, read 463,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yes, at this point, pretty much. Many just don't seem to understand that these thugs have no impact on my life, and have nothing to do with me.
I'm really not sure what more those people wanted you to say tbh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 11:13 AM

10,019 posts, read 8,632,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Shot by Cops serving a search warrant when he pointed a gun.

St. Louis Police Officers Shoot, Kill Suspect « CBS St. Louis

The suspect fired on police before he was shot dead.
Friends call the victim “Man Man.”

PROTESTERS FILL STREETS in North St. Louis - Police Deploy Armored Vehicles - The Gateway Pundit
They just said an autopsy showed he was shot in the back. I hope this doesn't stir up more s**t, we have too many roads around here closed because of repair we don't need protesters shutting down traffic on the other ones.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:14 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Only way this stuff ends is when the people of Ferguson decide they've had enough of the lawlessness.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:44 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
They just said an autopsy showed he was shot in the back. I hope this doesn't stir up more s**t, we have too many roads around here closed because of repair we don't need protesters shutting down traffic on the other ones.
Well there wasn't anything going on last night other then the normal crime. One bullet to the upper right back to be exact. The part of town where this happened wasn't exactly great. Vacant houses,vacant lots, streetlights barely working and not that many businesses.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:44 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
You can be proud of being Black, but you don't have to accept any responsibility for what other Black people do. That's insane. What kind of logic is that? Why is it so hard for some people here to understand that people are individuals. What one Black person does has nothing to do with me and shouldn't reflect on me as a person negatively or positively.
Sigh... That's exactly what I was saying. I said absolutely NOTHING about being proud - or not proud - of being black.

If you can't comprehend when someone agrees with you, you're going to have a hard time with your argument.

Good grief.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:44 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2331544

I hope the people of Ferguson show as much outrage for this innocent little girl as they did for that thug Michael Brown.
They had a vigil for her. It included the policeman who carried her out to the ambulance. No suspects yet. Of course people are outraged, but you can't really protest a criminal shooting. The criminal is not tasked with protecting you.

Community gathers to mourn Jamyla Bolden

Quote:
Police officers cried and crowds chanted for justice as they gathered outside of a home on the 9200 block of Ellison in honor of 9-year-old Jamyla Bolden. Police say the Koch Elementary School fourth grader was sitting on her bed doing homework Tuesday night when somebody fired a round of bullets outside of the house around 9:30 p.m. A bullet hit Jamyla and killed her. Her mother was shot in the leg.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:47 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,444 times
This crap is happening in America. Thank God the terrorists aren't winning. Imagine what would happen if we didn't invade Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan and Ukraine. We'd all be in deep doodoo.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:47 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I'll take your statement at face value that you don't understand how all this is true and respond as such: it's not actually true. In reality, most blacks as a community care very much about crimes like this, and care about each other, just like most whites. Hope this helps.
Then why is black crime so high in the ghettos? No snitching is my motto 2, never trust the police either. Fight the power.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:01 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
They had a vigil for her. It included the policeman who carried her out to the ambulance. No suspects yet. Of course people are outraged, but you can't really protest a criminal shooting. The criminal is not tasked with protecting you.

Community gathers to mourn Jamyla Bolden
You can protest violence. Which is what some people were doing the other week.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:09 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Why is it so hard for some people here to understand that people are individuals. What one Black person does has nothing to do with me and shouldn't reflect on me as a person negatively or positively.

Any person who judges and blames an entire race of people every time someone of that race does something bad is simple-minded and not worth the time of day anyway.

Quote:
Like, who does that????
Plenty of CDers, who shall remain nameless. They are allowed to get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events