Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 05:57 PM

769 posts, read 782,624 times

Advertisements

Actually it's not a joke if it's from Rakin, an ultra conservative who always defends people of his persuasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 05:58 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Double post trying to fix quote. Never mind.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:58 PM

203 posts, read 172,671 times
Tell that to everybody who's victimizing all members of the family.

The thing that gets me about about all of these haters is that they probably watch all these silacious reality shows and c**p sitcoms filled with sexuality--you'd think the latest developments in the Duggar saga would make the show popular among them. There's the real hypocrisy here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Which members of the family do you feel are being judged? I count 3; namely JimBob, Michelle, and Josh. If those 3 feel public shame, that is as it should be. The other family members are blameless in both of their recent scandals.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:59 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
How much money would you require to have your personal sexual proclivities and life exposed, JJ?
I didn't CHOOSE to put my family on tv for the world to see like they did. Ask them how much they made off of selling their privacy.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:01 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderingaboutstuff View Post
Alternatively, she could have been even remotely common sense and thought to herself "Hm, I am a dirt poor young girl in a vulnerable situation, maybe I SHOULDN'T marry the pompous douchebag with the money and have a billion children, since I will continue to be in a vulnerable situation. Maybe I can try to do something for myself like ****ing ANYTHING other than hang around these pompous white trash douchebags who hate education in order to take care of myself."

But no- she went with the pompous douchebag with the money.

She can deal with the consequences of her choices; not me, I didn't make them. She chose that, brainwashing or not...there's also something called Google, people; I'm not buying the pity party.
I don't think that's entirely fair. She likely had no access to the outside world to know that there were other options. Sure, she might see a woman wearing a suit or scrubs picking up groceries after work when out with her parents, but she never would have talked to them. It's not just that it's the life that was expected of her, but she likely could never imagine a woman as being capable of doing anything else. It's truly tragic.

The Duggar girls have more access to the outside world, but I still think it would be a real struggle for any of them to break free. Hell, all Janna or Jinger would need to do is get a hotel room for a night (assuming they have their own credit cards or their own money from the show, which they might very well not) and start a GoFundMe account to get out. There are lots of ex-Quiverful and other ex-members of extremist forms of religious groups out there who are willing to help. But do they know those are options? Maybe not. Even as adults, as long as they live at home, their internet is monitored.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:03 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksalot View Post

The thing that gets me about about all of these haters is that they probably watch all these silacious reality shows and c**p sitcoms filled with sexuality--you'd think the latest developments in the Duggar saga would make the show popular among them. There's the real hypocrisy here!

The Duggars chose to open up their family to the masses on TV even knowing that their son molested their daughters. They're as fair game as the Kardashians, and about as moral and upstanding as well. At least the Kardashians don't pretend to be what they're not.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:04 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:

In what way are all members of the family being victimized? Please be specific. I am still uncertain of your point.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:05 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
Actually it's not a joke if it's from Rakin, an ultra conservative who always defends people of his persuasion.
You mean the father of a gay son who supports gay rights, pro choice and legalizing many drugs? That Rakin?
I do believe you missed the humor of the post and don't know the guy very well.

I have no opinion on the Duggars or Josh. I don't watch the terrible show or listen to their morality.
I stay out of peoples Sex life and don't really care who anyone is cheating on with whom.

These threads are good for humor to laugh at the righteous.

And yes, Obama is a crappy President. Wonder if his alias is on Ashley Madison. I'd bet Bill C's is but who can blame him.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:06 PM

228 posts, read 171,548 times
Quote:
I don't know exactly what the father did and did not do, but wasn't Josh in his early or mid-teens? The thing with AM if true is one thing, but how to deal with a young adult who made some very poor choices is another matter. Would you have preferred that they stoned him? It's funny how you liberal toler-haters suddenly get righteous about morality and deviant behavior when it happens to manifest in a person you don't like for ideological reasons... Again, why should the whole family suffer because what one member of the family did? Come on, your beloved black left-wing president is the product of a polygamous family; polygamy is illegal in the USA so technically Obama's dad if a full fledged RAPIST. Oh, oooppps!!!!
You are insane.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:08 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderingaboutstuff View Post
Alternatively, she could have been even remotely common sense and thought to herself "Hm, I am a dirt poor young girl in a vulnerable situation, maybe I SHOULDN'T marry the pompous douchebag with the money and have a billion children, since I will continue to be in a vulnerable situation. Maybe I can try to do something for myself like ****ing ANYTHING other than hang around these pompous white trash douchebags who hate education in order to take care of myself."

But no- she went with the pompous douchebag with the money.

She can deal with the consequences of her choices; not me, I didn't make them. She chose that, brainwashing or not...there's also something called Google, people; I'm not buying the pity party.
How would she have had this common sense? How would she have had access to Google? Do you understand she grew up in a family with the same system in place for isolating their children, and conditioning them to submit to their father's authority? Girls are further taught that they will one day submit to their husbands. This conditioning begins at the age of 6 months with blanket training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events