Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 08:37 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,641,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Lol someone on another forum said it right--he looks like a chubby toddler in the face, is chubby overall and has a receding hair line. His wife is attractive and adores him. Why would he intentionally look for an affair?
He looked for affairs because he is a sick and messed up person. He was raised by sick and messed up parents. An above poster is correct. TLC tried to normalize this family when they are as far from normal as you can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 09:13 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Mainstream Christian values are the same values that most people try and live by. Don't lie, cheat, steal, be faithful and loving to your family and don't kill or bonk your married neighbor.

The issue I have is with the assorted arbitrary rules. There's nothing wrong with dating and having sex before marriage, nothing wrong with being gay and having children and a loving marriage, nothing wrong with not being married at all, nothing wrong with not doing or being any of these things. Nothing wrong with waiting until you find love to have sex.

There's certainly nothing wrong with marrying again after you leave your husband, who unfortunately, due to these rules, decided to marry you and have four kids rather than sow his oats first and figure out when and if he was cut out for fatherhood and monogamy at all. These rules leave no room for the individual to find out what they're most suited for in their lives. They crunch everyone into the same box. I think basic values are shared by most, and rules are meant to be broken.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:40 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,652 times
Another Christian vlogger: YouTuber Sam who 'surprised' wife with pregnancy 'was a Ashley Madison user' | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-22-2015, 10:17 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
I bet if the families were minorities or not of the "Christian faith", they're would be a bigger outcry.
I bet not.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:05 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,052,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Not that I really care about Josh Duggar, not even knowing who he was up to 3 minutes ago, but is it possible he was using these accounts for an espionage purpose in his line of work?

Or do we expect the guys at the top to be totally honest and leave the scheming, ruthless work to the lower people in cloaks with daggers.......like me?
Wow. Really?

Old 08-22-2015, 12:03 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
These are people who took a religion and twisted and bent it all out of shape to justify a way of life that allowed them domain over a lot of ignorant people who chose to follow them blindly and garnered them a lot of money in the process.

Blaming their religion is a waste of time. It's like blaming the container for what's inside. And what's inside here is a rotten mess of evil that tried to pass for good.

The Duggars violated the law by not reporting Josh when he first told them he violated the young girls. They felt they were above the law. They felt they had "cured" him or at least that's what they told anyone who knew what went on. They hid behind prayer and their so-called faith.

Now even they have to admit that they cannot hide behind this lie. Even though it was illegally revealed it is now out there for all to see. Josh never "got better" as Ma and Pa Duggar claimed. He got worse. That's because he didn't get the genuine help he needed. They are to be blamed. They should be in some way punished not only for violating the law but for harboring a sex offender and not doing anything about it according to legal and medical protocol.

It's the kids living with them who are going to suffer the most from this. Those are the people who have my sympathy. I believe these children should be removed from the Duggar home as would many kids in this type of situation who were not from famous families on TV. Or at the very least, this family needs to be very closely watched by social workers, Adult and Family Services and any other organization who oversees the safety of children whose parents are not looking out for them properly.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:14 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Not that I really care about Josh Duggar, not even knowing who he was up to 3 minutes ago, but is it possible he was using these accounts for an espionage purpose in his line of work?

Or do we expect the guys at the top to be totally honest and leave the scheming, ruthless work to the lower people in cloaks with daggers.......like me?
You're right! I bet someone from the Democratic party made the 2 "fake" profiles, stole his credit card, registered them in both AR and DC and then hired hackers to get the Ashley Madison info, waited 2 months, and then finally released this info in an attempt to tarnish the Duggars good name so Mike Huckabee can look like an even bigger moron for defending the Duggar family.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:54 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,222 times
This is disgusting and sad to hear this. Not that I know him or care, but he makes decent Christians and families look bad and he certainly looks very hypocritical being in the job role he was in.

Now, with that, I don't look any differently on the duggars or their children as he made this decision as a full grown adult, out of the home. I think it's very sad also for Anna and the kids, which I would hope she would leave him but probably won't. She has every right including biblically to leave him at this point.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:13 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,531 times
Which type of self-righteous prick is he again? These guys are kinda blending together nowadays...

Anyways those who preach the loudest about morality this or righteousness that tend to have proportionally larger skeletons in their closets.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:58 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
The repulsive thing is that, often, those with dysfunctional issues are the first to use the veil of "God" to bash others.
Yes, that's repulsive when it happens, but those who aren't Christians and have dysfunctional issues just use other veils - and still blame others rather than accepting their own responsibilities. Poison is poison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events