Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 06:38 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:

But data released online in the wake of the hack on Ashley Madison’s servers certainly seems to show otherwise. Someone using a credit card belonging to a Joshua J. Duggar, with a billing address that matches the home in Fayetteville, Arkansas owned by his grandmother Mary—a home that was consistently shown on their now-cancelled TV show, and in which Anna Duggar gave birth to her first child—paid a total of $986.76 for two different monthly Ashley Madison subscriptions from February of 2013 until May of 2015.
Family Values Activist Josh Duggar Had a Paid Ashley Madison Account

I'm genuinely shocked, but not surprised at this point.

I feel terrible for his wife and kids. I hope if she wants Anna is able to leave Josh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 07:08 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
I'm not remotely shocked. Did anyone really think that a few months doing hard labor with a family friend with no professional counseling whatsoever after he molested his sisters would help Josh establish healthy sexual boundaries?

He also has an OKCupid account: Is This Josh Duggar's OkCupid Profile? Using the same screenname as the email address attached to the Ashley Madison account (complete with NWA = north west Arkansas), he swiped a photo from an up and coming model and posed as a single, monogamous man looking for casual sex. If you squint and look sideways, you can see how the model might be someone that Josh Duggar thinks he resembles.

The dates of the OKC account also line up with when he stopped paying for the first Ashley Madison account. You can see the actual account (and not just the article about it) if you have OKCupid at joesmithsonnwa / 27 / Alexandria, Virginia | OkCupid.

OKCupid uses a matching algorithm based on mutual responses to a bunch of questions. You can see how others answered these questions if you both have answered the same ones. Some of Josh's are, well, disturbing. And if I wasn't convinced before, his answers certainly convince me that it's him.

Q: “Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?”
A: Yes

^That, friends, is what we call a rapey weed out question.

Q: “Do you think it’s possible for someone to be an Atheist and still have a solid framework by which to live?”
A: No

Q: "Have you been faithful in your past relationships?"
A: No

Q: "Do you need to sleep with someone before marrying them?"

Q: "If you are wrong, do you have a hard time apologizing?"

Q: "Rate your self confidence."
A: Very high

Q: "The idea of gay and lesbian couples having children is:"
A: Not acceptable

Q: "Do you believe that men should be the heads of their households?"

Q: "How would you react if someone IM'd you and quickly started talking about sex?"
A: Positively

Q: "Say you've started seeing someone you really like. As far as you're concerned, how long will it take before you have sex?"
A: 1-2 dates

Q: "In the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?,” what does “wherefore” mean?"
A: Where
^He made that one mandatory, which makes me smugly amused.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:13 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Oh who cares. But what I don't get is paying almost a thousand dollars for that?

Old 08-20-2015, 07:18 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Oh who cares. But what I don't get is paying almost a thousand dollars for that?
When you spend your whole life surrounded by sexuality but get mixed messages that your natural sexual inclinations are bad, some are bound to act out. Josh married a woman who grew up in a similar environment and maybe he discovered that he's a little kinky and she's not at all - or is horrified by the idea because of how she was raised. Now you have a manchild with no sexual boundaries who probably isn't capable of having an honest conversation about sex with his wife, so it's just easier for him to drop $1000 to try to find it elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if he never met anyone in person, and was just looking for an outlet for cybersex.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:40 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Wow.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:57 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
I read about this this morning.

I doubt his wife will ever leave him. Ever. Her family is part of that same cult and might abandon her if she did. I think she's probably trapped for life. It was all well and good when he was on a gravy train with biscuit wheels; she hit the trailer trash lottery! But now? Welcome to working for a living...both y'all. Roll up your sleeves and get busy.

Anna is a pretty dumb woman anyway. She was barely out of high school when they started "courting" and as far as I know has had no formal tertiary education. If she was home-schooled using the same curriculum the Duggars used, she's probably pretty ignorant already. I doubt this woman could get a job as anything but a housekeeper, a nanny, a secretary, etc. If Josh can't ride his dad's coattails, he's toast too.

I don't see how Josh and Anna can fall any further, unless he comes out and says he's been fiddling his own kids. Or that some of his kids aren't actually his.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:00 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Glad I used Josh's name when I enrolled. Wonder if they found my Tom Cruise account?

Old 08-20-2015, 08:06 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Well he won't be able to pull the "it wasn't me that signed up" card since he was a full paying member. haha

Old 08-20-2015, 08:11 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Well, the Duggars did warn us that gay marriage would undermine the sanctity of traditional marriage and families. The SCOTUS ruling made him do it

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 08-20-2015 at 08:20 AM..

Old 08-20-2015, 08:14 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Oh who cares.
People care because he made a career out of telling people which kinds of marriage and which kinds of sex were "acceptable". And like most religious conservatives in that position, he didn't practice what he preached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events