Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 10:02 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
maybe the father was hoping "The Hoff" would show and he'd get to meet him
I think the Hoff's chest hair is banned in the U.A.E. on the grounds that it'll get the women all hot & bothered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 10:03 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times
If that dad could have felt for one moment the agony of drowning that she was experiencing, he would have forgotten all his religious beliefs and have her rescued.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:05 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
This is coming from a region/religion where women are killed for being raped because their honor has been destroyed. I am not surprised at this story in the slightest.
If rape is "dishonor" & being touched by a lifeguard trying to save you is "dishonor", then lifeguards = rapists?

Put all lifeguards in jail now as a preemptive measure!!!!

On a serious note, it's not about the women's honor: it's about their fathers' honors. Women are treated as property, not individual human beings deserving of respect.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:05 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
This is coming from a region/religion where women are killed for being raped because their honor has been destroyed. I am not surprised at this story in the slightest.
Hi Jersey

Yes it does go on literally around the corner from me a father killed his daughter years ago because he didn't like her fella there called " honour killings" all toooo common I'm afraid

Old 08-21-2015, 10:17 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
On a serious note, it's not about the women's honor: it's about their fathers' honors. Women are treated as property, not individual human beings deserving of respect.
Spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Hi Jersey

Yes it does go on literally around the corner from me a father killed his daughter years ago because he didn't like her fella there called " honour killings" all toooo common I'm afraid
That is unbelievably sad. Happening in the UK? I hope that father was tried to the fullest extent of the law. Screw multiculturalism. You don't get to do that in countries like ours. We are civilized. We value women.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Spot on.

That is unbelievably sad. Happening in the UK? I hope that father was tried to the fullest extent of the law. Screw multiculturalism. You don't get to do that in countries like ours. We are civilized. We value women.
Yes in the UK we have a huge Muslim community usually they keep themselves to themselves but there's been tooooo many stories in the papers about then the most common is grooming while school girls and issuing them for ' practise '

Plus I'm an 100% old fashioned English gentleman that respects and treats women how they should be treated same for most other British men

Old 08-21-2015, 10:24 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes in the UK we have a huge Muslim community usually they keep themselves to themselves but there's been tooooo many stories in the papers about then the most common is grooming while school girls and issuing them for ' practise '

Plus I'm an 100% old fashioned English gentleman that respects and treats women how they should be treated same for most other British men

Fight those bigots.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:

Fight those bigots.
We do but not the government but the non bureaucratic the ones who actually contribute and care about the country.......... The working men and women

Old 08-21-2015, 10:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
This is hardly a current event as the original story says this incident happened many years ago. But it does fit an agenda.
Indeed, not to mention that it is physically impossible to scream while drowning. The woman was "so close," but her own father did not save her? Hearsay event recounted several years later and now touted as "news"?

Old 08-21-2015, 10:48 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
If that dad could have felt for one moment the agony of drowning that she was experiencing, he would have forgotten all his religious beliefs and have her rescued.
I'd much rather he went through the entire experience of drowning while the lifeguards swam past him and rescued his daughter. One of those lifeguards should have knocked him clear into the middle of next week and left him floating unconscious in the surf while they went out there and did their damned jobs. But chances are they're the same sort of ignorant, barbaric savages as the father, so it's quite possible that his argument was valid and acceptable to them. The fact that they didn't just knock his ass out and go get her strongly suggests that's the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events