Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 11:03 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,558,920 times

Advertisements

In Islam, women are second-class citizens. A woman's testimony in court is half of that to a man.

Muhammad himself had 11 wives at any given time, a 9 year old child bride, married his own step son's wife, and countless sex slaves that he seized through violent jihad.

The Muslim father who stopped the rescuers from saving his daughter was only following Islamic Sharia Law.

Being an Infidel woman is the worst, as that is the lowest rung in Islam, and they consider Infidel women as 'easy meat'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqgQl6dwhdo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 01:19 AM

15,496 posts, read 10,437,139 times
"Muslim father lets daughter drown rather than be touched by male lifeguard."

Does the lifeguard get cooties too, or is it just the females?

Old 08-22-2015, 09:57 AM

3 posts, read 1,452 times
Default Culture vs Islam

Unfortunately for this young woman her father never learned that the preservation of life is more important than "honor." Everyday some muslims confuse their culturally teachings with Islamic teachings and then things like this happen. Let's not get this twisted. She died because of her fathers culture, his ignorance, not because of anything taught by Islam.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:08 AM

119 posts, read 95,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atiyaaa View Post
Unfortunately for this young woman her father never learned that the preservation of life is more important than "honor." Everyday some muslims confuse their culturally teachings with Islamic teachings and then things like this happen. Let's not get this twisted. She died because of her fathers culture, his ignorance, not because of anything taught by Islam.
Nope. Read the book, my friend. It's called The Koran.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:47 AM

760 posts, read 764,298 times
It might be insane according to Western culture but it's not Western culture it's their Middle East culture and we have no right to interfere with the goings on in a foreign country any more than someone from Iran or Turkey has the right to come here and tell us what to do.
We Americans don't have a leg to stand on with this matter, like it or not American history is chock full of violent, religious atrocities just as bad if not worse- making the lady drowning look like a cake walk by comparision to being burned alive at the stake in Salem, or the mass murders by the US Army of hundreds of innocent unarmed women and children as was done to the Native American Indians in the event called "The Sand Creek massacre" lead by a Methodist minister named Chivington.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:56 AM

443 posts, read 434,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atiyaaa View Post

Thank you for this. I was thinking the same thing but just couldn't put it into words.

There are Muslims from other cultures that would do anything to save their children from a tragedy like this. I think, with all religions, it's a combination of cultural background, how you interpret your holy scriptures and the society within which you live.

I still don't get how he had the mental capacity to stand and fight with lifeguards while his own CHILD, a person that he helped create, was dying right in front of him. **** parent.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:34 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,890,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Islam treats women and infidels as second-class citizens.

Women are routinely allowed to die instead of being rescued.

BBC News | MIDDLE EAST | Saudi police 'stopped' fire rescue
It seems these said the same thing I said.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:10 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,394,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
It might be insane according to Western culture but it's not Western culture it's their Middle East culture and we have no right to interfere with the goings on in a foreign country any more than someone from Iran or Turkey has the right to come here and tell us what to do.
We Americans don't have a leg to stand on with this matter, like it or not American history is chock full of violent, religious atrocities just as bad if not worse- making the lady drowning look like a cake walk by comparision to being burned alive at the stake in Salem, or the mass murders by the US Army of hundreds of innocent unarmed women and children as was done to the Native American Indians in the event called "The Sand Creek massacre" lead by a Methodist minister named Chivington.
I don't give a **** what their "religion" says. Anybody who'd let their own kid die than be saved because of what some religion says is a POS, period.

And that goes for any religion, including my own (I'm a Christian).

Old 08-22-2015, 02:32 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,680,426 times
Really? What is wrong with people? I couldn't even imagine...

Islam in General is very harsh towards women. Not all who follow Islam is like this, but it certainly is prevalent. Is just awful! How could you watch you daughter die like that and do nothing?

Why didn't he try to save her himself then??

Last edited by Icemodeled; 08-22-2015 at 02:57 PM..

Old 08-22-2015, 02:55 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,220,895 times
I don't hate Islamic people. Most are not extremists, they just follow another religion.

What I have zero tolerance for are legalistic fundamentalists of any stripe.
This man is a bad parent - but so are the Duggars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events