Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 07:29 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,518,704 times

Advertisements

Strange that we have all these people with cameras ready to film a cop/criminal interaction yet these video whores can't see to be around when people are getting murdered or raped and never seem to have time to call for help or render any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 07:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Strange that we have all these people with cameras ready to film a cop/criminal interaction yet these video whores can't see to be around when people are getting murdered or raped and never seem to have time to call for help or render any.
Maybe the whole shtick "black lives matter" is wholly and totally directed at white people. BLM is not aimed at or required to be a concern to any other color be it black,brown,yellow or purple it ONLY pertains to when a white person thinks about,speaks to or about or merely looks at a black person.
Then black lives matter...

Old 08-23-2015, 07:59 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post

They're exercising their 1st amendment rights which I support.

You may believe that disrupting the Fair's activities and shutting down roads are 1st Amendment rights. Most normal people think of them as crimes, which they are.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:10 PM

34,987 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
[/b]
You may believe that disrupting the Fair's activities and shutting down roads are 1st Amendment rights. Most normal people think of them as crimes, which they are.
Normal people and mainstream concerns don't faze this administration. Change has come. The rights of people to gender assignment surgery trumps the right to getting around town and getting things done.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:39 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,746,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den0190 View Post
Thank you! I have never heard of a convenient protest.
Marching down the interstate is too inconvenient, though, IMO. Why can't they get somewhere and gather and hold up signs, etc., without all the "marching" in streets and getting in the way of traffic? It's like they just want to be buttholes.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:46 PM

34,987 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Marching down the interstate is too inconvenient, though, IMO. Why can't they get somewhere and gather and hold up signs, etc., without all the "marching" in streets and getting in the way of traffic? It's like they just want to be buttholes.
They want to give governments a choice; anarchy or violence.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:25 PM

335 posts, read 324,786 times
I must applaud the BLM civil rights movement to mobilize the numbers to disrupt the lives of everyday people who had little or nothing to do with the cause they are protesting. Bringing attention to the loss of a life that really was in no way, shape or form a productive member of society warms my heart. What really brings a smile to my face is knowing these people have no job or sense of responsibility of family or day today life as the rest of us. But I guess when you live off the backs of those who you are so desperate to make miserable, you loose focus. And I must give a big thanks to them for making me realize that thinking this effort should be channeled into something productive, until now, was racist. Man, this country is screwed...................

Old 08-24-2015, 09:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
I must applaud the BLM civil rights movement to mobilize the numbers to disrupt the lives of everyday people who had little or nothing to do with the cause they are protesting. Bringing attention to the loss of a life that really was in no way, shape or form a productive member of society warms my heart. What really brings a smile to my face is knowing these people have no job or sense of responsibility of family or day today life as the rest of us. But I guess when you live off the backs of those who you are so desperate to make miserable, you loose focus. And I must give a big thanks to them for making me realize that thinking this effort should be channeled into something productive, until now, was racist. Man, this country is screwed...................
You forgot the biggest plus of BLM which is being totally incapable of stating a coherent mission statement or even a basic general idea of what they want to accomplish.

All you get when you ask the pointed questions "what do you want to gain,what can we do to fix this?" is mumble,mumble,double talk,more rambling double talk closing with "you are White so you can't understand and must be a racist due solely to your color".

Old 08-24-2015, 10:34 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,958,672 times
#annoyingthugsdontmatter

Old 08-24-2015, 11:07 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,399,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I just finished listening to a Twin Cities radio podcast to try to get some information on this. Here is what they said:

The man responsible for assigning booths at the State Fair has guaranteed them their own personal booth at the fair where they could connect with the two million people who attend, pass out pamphlets, have speakers. The group hasn't responded so far.

In fact they never contacted the fair to validate that their accusations of racism in assigning booths was accurate and that half of the new food vendor booths were indeed assigned to minorities.

As far as booths, total, most MN citizens of any race have trouble getting a booth at the fair. The competition is tremendous. Assignment is based on past business success, business plan and ability to bring money in for the fair. Many of the booths, like lake cabins, are family affairs kept and handed down from generation to generation.

Maybe the intergenerational booths could be looked at but I'm guessing that would disappoint the majority of fairgoers who look forward every year to specific treats or handouts that are always there.

Application is done by paperwork so color of skin never becomes an issue. There are no questions regarding ethnicity on the paperwork.

So offering to give them their own booth is a very generous offer considering how long others have had to wait to have their chance. But it does sound like they'd rather raise a ruckus than be heard.

I'm okay with it as long as no one gets hurt. Minnesota has gone crazy left in the last twenty years and we need to find a more economical and healthy middle spot. Irritating Mr. and Mrs. Average Minnesotan with 2.3 whiny and frightened kids in the backseat may be just what we need to start waking people up to the race scam being played on us.

And it won't be just White people who are irritated. It's not only White people who can see the truth when it's in their face. (Of course most of us also know these aren't "our citizens." The organizers are paid creeps and their followers are useful fools who will be surprised when there's nothing in it for them.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events