Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 01:41 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times

Advertisements

When I lived in Germany, it was being inundated by predominately Muslim people from Turkey (still is, I believe). The vast majority of those immigrants were young men, who would work in Germany and send money back home.

After we left Germany, our military installation closed and our former quarters (which were American officer quarters and were formerly German officer quarters - they were very nice, spacious, with parks and playgrounds surrounding them) were turned back over to the city government there. It was converted into public housing. Within just a few years, it was filled with immigrants and was a MESS. We revisited that city a couple of years ago and found our former housing area. Most of it had already been demolished but some buildings were still standing. It was very, very sad to see how decrepit and full of graffiti and trash the area was - a stark contrast to the rest of that neat, clean German city. It was a real eyesore. My German friends who were from that town told me that within a few years of the Americans turning the property back over, and it being filled with Turkish immigrants, that part of town became infested with crime and local businesses packed up and left. The best way to salvage that main thoroughfare through the city was to tear the "ghetto" down and start over. The city was changing that area to commercial use.

I have no idea where the families who lived there went but hopefully they were dispersed into the community in general with the hopes that they would assimilate and accept the local German culture. That is the biggest problem with so many Muslim immigrants to Europe - they congregate into neighborhoods and housing areas and simply do not assimilate. They move with no intention of adapting to local values or culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 01:43 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Exactly! I never understood why people keep saying we bailed them out in WWII. Didn't the French bail us out during the American Revolution? I know they were a little late in coming, but better late than never. Th French endured Nazi rule for several years before we landed in Normandy, and we fought it out on their soil. Let's call it even already!
The French didn't think the the war in Iraq was a good thing and they refused to jump in with us.

They also bailed out of Vietnam, forcing the U.S. to get bogged down in a 15 year disaster.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:56 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,916,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The French didn't think the the war in Iraq was a good thing and they refused to jump in with us.

They also bailed out of Vietnam, forcing the U.S. to get bogged down in a 15 year disaster.
They got out of Vietnam after Dien Bien Phu taught them that it was a war they couldn't win. We then spent 15 years and thousands of American lives before we realized that they were right.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:57 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
No doubt there is a human rights crisis. But why should Europe take all the immigrants? How about the USA, Brazil, Russia, China, India?

Britain is taking a net 250k immigrants a year. Germany are expecting around 500k in 2015. in 2013, the EU took in 1.4 million citizens of non-member countries (source: Eurostat).

I think Europe is being very generous.
They make choices based upon politics and suffer the consequences as they should.

Dont' want to get involved in a war on your back doorstep; don't be surprised if the war drags on and people escaping start showing up in your living room uninvited.

Syria's Assad murdering his own people still to this day -
Libya undergoing a transition back to the dark ages -
Turks discriminating in all things only to suppress Kurds -
Ukraine crisis that is being largely ignored is not going to end well -

All of these stupid territorial and ethnic cleansing along with terrorism in the name of religion being allowed to percolate unrestricted due to political machinations result in millions of displaced persons. They've got to go someplace and would that it were countries like Russia, China and India; if so it would be over in a heartbeat. They'd rain fire and brimstone on the perps until they went back into their caves.

It suites their various agendas to allow it to continue to keep the U.S. and others tied up and squandering wealth.

The list is endless of stuff being done that the U.N. was created to deal with but instead has become a toothless wonder due to giving the premise of 'inclusion' too much weight. The notion you can influence good behaviour by inviting everyone to the party is just nuts.

One day some of these countries are going to close their borders until all of these migrants have no other choices but countries that have been sitting back gleefully watching the show - when that happens, ISIS will be squashed like the cockroaches they are.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:26 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,067,453 times
Europe needs Immigrants that is why they don't deport. They can't let East Asians in because the "Asian" problem is even more severe than the "Europe" problem East Asian Countries- China, Japan and Korea are all losing population and will in a coupled decades either abandon a bunch of infrastructure in the smaller cities and rural areas, or have to import people most likely from China to Korea and Japan and SE Asia and Indochina to China itself.
First of all what your doing is wrong, do not blame (Arabs and Blacks), blame the age/gender of the immigrants. Arabs and Blacks from Africa are very successful with Nigerians like me in the U.S being the most educated group 77% have a bachelor or some random stat, can't think of it but look up Nigerian Americans and you will see what I'm talking about. This is because the Arabs and Africans who come to America on average are either over 35 or under 20. (Parents and their kids) and they are usually legal, and middle class to upper middle class. Old People don't commit crime and infants don't either so Arabs and Africans in america in general have little crime related to them. Europe needs young preferably male immigrants for jobs that require heavy lifting etc., people between 17 and 35 are way more likely to commit something like murder or rape than someone over or under that age. This is why average age is important, it is rare you see a 13 year old or a 50 year old robbing a bank or anything like that because of thins like testosterone levels etc. It is not a race thing but an age and gender thing. Europe needs, immigrants if it stops gaining immigrants it might look like japan currently is, which is old and rich and low crime, but eventually after that 15-50 years of good times, your economy won't be able to support the number of retired old people and your country will be strained economically.
What I would suggest is catering policy towards young women immigrants so that your population, still has the young people it needs to do the service economy jobs, but these women are less likely to commit crime, compared to men on all scales. Then you also need to try to make young Europeans to have more babies, through certain policies.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:41 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That is the biggest problem with so many Muslim immigrants to Europe - they congregate into neighborhoods and housing areas and simply do not assimilate. They move with no intention of adapting to local values or culture.
Also their first allegiance is with Islam, and not to the Infidel host countries they live in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssj_pOHM8pg

Old 08-23-2015, 02:46 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Europe needs Immigrants that is why they don't deport. They can't let East Asians in because the "Asian" problem is even more severe than the "Europe" problem East Asian Countries- China, Japan and Korea are all losing population and will in a coupled decades either abandon a bunch of infrastructure in the smaller cities and rural areas, or have to import people most likely from China to Korea and Japan and SE Asia and Indochina to China itself.
First of all what your doing is wrong, do not blame (Arabs and Blacks), blame the age/gender of the immigrants. Arabs and Blacks from Africa are very successful with Nigerians like me in the U.S being the most educated group 77% have a bachelor or some random stat, can't think of it but look up Nigerian Americans and you will see what I'm talking about. This is because the Arabs and Africans who come to America on average are either over 35 or under 20. (Parents and their kids) and they are usually legal, and middle class to upper middle class. Old People don't commit crime and infants don't either so Arabs and Africans in america in general have little crime related to them. Europe needs young preferably male immigrants for jobs that require heavy lifting etc., people between 17 and 35 are way more likely to commit something like murder or rape than someone over or under that age. This is why average age is important, it is rare you see a 13 year old or a 50 year old robbing a bank or anything like that because of thins like testosterone levels etc. It is not a race thing but an age and gender thing. Europe needs, immigrants if it stops gaining immigrants it might look like japan currently is, which is old and rich and low crime, but eventually after that 15-50 years of good times, your economy won't be able to support the number of retired old people and your country will be strained economically.
What I would suggest is catering policy towards young women immigrants so that your population, still has the young people it needs to do the service economy jobs, but these women are less likely to commit crime, compared to men on all scales. Then you also need to try to make young Europeans to have more babies, through certain policies.
Ethnic Europeans have already lost the fight when it comes to the idea of retaining their unique cultures and values due to their low birth rate. It's too late for them.

Maybe that's important and maybe it's not, but like it or not, the faces of Europe will not look anything like they did forty years ago, in forty more years.

And I'm saying that with the full knowledge that my own state of Texas is facing the same demographic upheaval. Personally I say "que sera sera." If people aren't willing to have kids at the replacement birthrate, but other immigrants are exceeding the replacement birthrate and are allowed to pour across the borders in large numbers, then I guess those who are complaining are mostly "all hat and no cattle." Have more kids, change your immigration policies, enforce rules already on the books, or shut up and enjoy the changing scenery.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:10 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:

And they were right! How can you fault them when even those Republicans who voted for it back then now admit going was a mistake?

Old 08-23-2015, 06:03 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:

and you think these things are.....bad?

Old 08-23-2015, 06:09 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,676,468 times
These three guys should be rewarded handsomely by the French and American governments, and honored.

Some young men are like these heroes, while others are like the would be terrorist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events