Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:34 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
In Austin
Wow. I didn't know that. I've been living in Houston way too long. And this bra is way too hot here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 10:53 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think women and men's breasts are perceived differently, it just is. I think the whole thing is silly. I have no need or desire to go out topless and don't see how this is holding me back in any sense. Nudity doesn't belong everywhere, it just doesn't. I don't think men should be topless in the middle of a city, either.
There are rules, like in a mall or at any theme park you are not permitted to go topless unless in a swimming area and enforced by the security of those premises. The problem is the lack of law enforcement to go after guys who go topless in public streets. Say a construction worker is working topless to fix the roads. Who's gonna write him up?

And most women in NYC do not want to go topless because they don't want unnecessary attention. If you're ok with giving guys free entertainment that's your choice and you cannot tell people or change their minds of what they think about your body.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:07 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,885,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Well, you technically can have sex with breasts...
Genitalia by definition are reproductive organs. Breasts are part of nurturing baby system, but not the baby delivery system.

And technically you can have sex with many parts of human body...

Old 08-25-2015, 12:09 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Genitalia by definition are reproductive organs. Breasts are part of nurturing baby system, but not the baby delivery system.

And technically you can have sex with many parts of human body...

I was kidding

Old 08-25-2015, 12:11 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,885,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There are rules, like in a mall or at any theme park you are not permitted to go topless unless in a swimming area and enforced by the security of those premises. The problem is the lack of law enforcement to go after guys who go topless in public streets. Say a construction worker is working topless to fix the roads. Who's gonna write him up?

And most women in NYC do not want to go topless because they don't want unnecessary attention. If you're ok with giving guys free entertainment that's your choice and you cannot tell people or change their minds of what they think about your body.

In many states being topless is legally allowed for men, but not women. So, that hypothetical construction worked wouldn't be ticketed regardless if any cop wants to write a ticket or not. But if the same construction worker is actually female, she will be ticketed for sure. If not put into sex offender's list for indecent exposure...

I don't say ladies should go nude anywhere. I'm saying, that in our days of gender-equal society, it's difficult to argue that the laws should treat different genders differently...

Old 08-25-2015, 01:01 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Keep in mind that men and women are different sexes. That fact tends to validate making a distinction in okay-ness, since men respond to bared female breasts differently than women respond to bared male chests. Is someone in the thread denying that fact? Or is their argument that men should somehow deny their natural responses? The former is contrary to reality, the latter is contrary to common sense -- of which this thread is seriously deficient...
IMO, yes men and women should change their perception of and reaction to seeing a female breast. Seeing the breast in a sexual way is not natural it is conditioned. In this thread the breast has been mentioned in regards to nursing a child somehow that's suppose to make it sexual or part of the reproductive system but yet the majority are repulsed and offended by actually seeing a nursing mother in public although we all know its perfectly natural and that is what those things are for. This just reinforced the idea we are conditioned to see a woman's breast as sexual.

As has been pointed out in times past and even in current cultures nudity and the exposure of the female breast is accepted as a natural part of the anatomy and not as genitalia or sexual by default.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:05 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,615,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
IMO, yes men and women should change their perception of and reaction to seeing a female breast. Seeing the breast in a sexual way is not natural it is conditioned. This just reinforced the idea we are conditioned to see a woman's breast as sexual.
Ridiculous.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:27 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,669,308 times
Quote:
Breasts aren't genitals though.
That was my point. Women can go topless in public in Oregon if they want to. Some weirdo sheriff deputy even arrested a bunch of teenagers for skinny dipping and the judge threw it out because it wasn't against the law.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:29 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,669,308 times
Quote:
In many states being topless is legally allowed for men, but not women. So, that hypothetical construction worked wouldn't be ticketed regardless if any cop wants to write a ticket or not. But if the same construction worker is actually female, she will be ticketed for sure. If not put into sex offender's list for indecent exposure...

I don't say ladies should go nude anywhere. I'm saying, that in our days of gender-equal society, it's difficult to argue that the laws should treat different genders differently...
Which ones, specifically? There is a big difference between "not customary" and illegal.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:30 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,154 times
What a boring, stupid world it's become.
Is nothing ''inappropriate'', ''off limits'', too ''over the top''?
What's next? The return of the codpiece for men?
Let it all hang out people!
There is no mystique, romance, discretion left in any area of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events