Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 12:04 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
I went to school there at Old Dominion and got my Bachelor's there in the 90's. I was never in a fraternity and never wanted to be. I have a son and daughter now. If my daughter was going there as a freshman and I saw that , I would visit the house with my badge and duty gear.
And do what? Crack some kids skulls because of tasteless humor? LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 12:05 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
And do what? Crack some kids skulls because of tasteless humor? LOL.

No, just speak with them of course. And, tell them I better not hear of my daughter being anywhere near the house or with any of them.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:22 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times
Quote:
No, just speak with them of course. And, tell them I better not hear of my daughter being anywhere near the house or with any of them.
You may want to make that part clear to your daughter as well.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:45 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Since the majority of males at college are thinking the same thing as the guys at that frat, he'd be better off sending her to a convent if he can't trust her judgement.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:13 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
My daughter is 4 years old!

And, I am an Old Dominion Alumni!

Old 08-28-2015, 07:07 PM

3,591 posts, read 4,353,565 times
Quote:
I would visit the house with my badge and duty gear.
No you wouldn't. You'd shake your head, chuckle, and tell you daughter you that you shouldn't need to tell her to keep her head on straight, make smart decisions, and call you if she needs you for anything... especially if she just needs to talk. That no guy defines her, that she doesn't need a boy in her life to be important. But then, I bet you've already taught her all those things.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:01 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
There was a freedom of speech protest at ODU the other day at the fountain.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:42 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
One of the interesting things about special interest groups is that they are NEVER responsible for their own actions. It is ALWAYS the fault of the opposition group. So in this case, female college students have no choice but to consume alcohol that is offered to them by males.

Whatever happened to the old days when fathers told their daughters that, for the most part, teenage males are really only motivated in one thing? It was true then and it is true now. These young women might think they are smart, clever and funny conversationalists, but by and large, males that age are completely uninterested in the things females have to say.

Agreed, so don't go to the frat house parties. Non-problem solved.
Are you serious? Do you honestly think this way? The female should be personally responsible and not drink; however, if she does make the personal decision to drink, the male who sexually assaults her is justified. She should have been RESPONSIBLE, but the young guy is just being a guy--no personal responsibility required. Besides, she isn't funny or a clever conversationalist, so again, the man has no PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to not assault her if she makes herself vulnerable. It's her purpose in life to satisfy his libido. Her dad should have taught her better. He knows men aren't RESPONSIBLE for sexually assaulting an inebriated woman. She was asking for it. If some dude raped your son while he was intoxicated, is he to blame for not being responsible? Would that make you a bad parent?

It's hard to believe some people are this dense. I would assume this rationale borders on how a psychopath justifies killing others.

Last edited by dsb62574; 08-29-2015 at 01:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events