Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 11:11 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
No need to "give me" anything. I stand by my original statement, which was that race relations seem to have deteriorated in this country over the past six or so years - a time frame that happens to coincide with Obama's administration, though I did not blame him for the problem in my earlier post or in this one.

By the way, I notice in your litany regarding race relations, you place a lot of blame and criticism on white folks and not a bit of blame on anyone else, when it comes to bad, or abusive, or threatening, or criminal behavior from one race toward another. I would take you more seriously if you were more fair and honest in your assessment of the issue.
It's your right to stand by your opinion. I'm not here to change your mind. I'm only here posting to enlighten folks about what's going on using facts. You mention, "[i]you place a lot of blame and criticism on white folks". This can't be farther away from the truth. I place blame squarely on the back of white supremacy!! Not every white person is a white supremacist, I wouldn't even consider most white folks white supremacists. But the primary antagonist to civil rights, voting rights, equality and diversity have been white supremacists. There is no denying this fact.

As for being taken "more seriously", that's not my intention here. I don't place value on anyone's opinion of my opposition to white supremacy. When fighting the good fight, you can't be concerned with what the opposition thinks of you. Doing so isn't a good strategy.

Since you say race relations deteriorated over the past 6 years, who/what do you think is the cause? I sense a hint of inference but you have denied it. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

Old 08-26-2015, 11:13 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
In response to your concern that blacks should be doing more to fight racism-
"Can blacks be racist? The answer, of course, will depend on how you define racism. If you define it as “prejudice against or hatred toward another race,” then the answer is yes. If you define racism as “the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race,” the answer is yes. And if you define racism as “prejudice and discrimination rooted in race-based loathing,” then the answer is, again, yes. However, if you define racism as “a system of group privilege by those who have a disproportionate share of society’s power, prestige, property, and privilege,” then the answer is no. In the end, it is my opinion that individual blacks can be and sometimes are racists. However, collectively, blacks are neither the primary creators nor beneficiaries of the racism that permeates society today."
David Pilgrim
Great post! This hits the nail right on the head...

Old 08-27-2015, 12:29 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,518,800 times
The constant misrepresentation of what people say and the fabrications of non stated positions is old and tired, give it a rest. Stop putting words in other people's mouths.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Since the oriignal intent of the thread was to troll, I'm closing it.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events