Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 12:15 PM

78,271 posts, read 60,479,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Makes sense. Sometimes these threads start off with an interesting subject and by the second page the usual suspects enter and muddy the waters. Sometimes there's a racial aspect, sometimes things are just a coincidence, and many more times people spew stereotypes and misinformation without even addressing the facts...
Well, a lot of that is the media's fault. Remember the immediate interviews with Michael Browns friend and aunt? "He was shot in the back. The cop stood over and executed him."

The other witnesses waited a few months to testify and had to asked the NAACP for protection because they were afraid that they'd be targeting for not lying about what they saw.

The media will just report whatever, there is no fact checking anymore.

Last edited by Mathguy; 08-25-2015 at 12:25 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 12:18 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,781,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There needs to be a sub-forum for the purpose of posting racist threads. The main board is getting flooded with this type of stuff...

I don't like agendas on either side of the race card. The bottom line for me is that these were despicable acts committed by despicable human beings. I'm glad they were caught and prosecuted. It wouldn't matter if they were black or white or if it was a black on black crime or white on white crime. Animals like that need to be removed from society.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:32 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,392,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Signs do the trick too. My buddy has a sign that says trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot twice, and another that says due to the price of ammo we will no longer be firing a warning shot.
My sign is a copy of my used target from the gun range, all shots to the middle of the face. Have one taped on the inside of both sliding glass doors.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:35 PM

3,503 posts, read 759,238 times
great idea .. I`m going to the woodshop right now and cut out a torso and riddle the heart area with bullet holes and hang it on my front fence ...

Old 08-25-2015, 12:48 PM

119 posts, read 95,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
Imagine if this was a bunch of white kids doing this to a black couple. Obama would be lecturing us about how bad of a country we are, Jackson and Sharpton would be going on a country wide tour, and there would be riots in the streets.
Please, I beg of you, no matter which side of this silly so-called race war that's going on, please don't bring up Sharpton or J. Jackson.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:02 PM

231 posts, read 213,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, a lot of that is the media's fault. Remember the immediate interviews with Michael Browns friend and aunt? "He was shot in the back. The cop stood over and executed him."

The other witnesses waited a few months to testify and had to asked the NAACP for protection because they were afraid that they'd be targeting for not lying about what they saw.

The media will just report whatever, there is no fact checking anymore.
Michael Browns parents got on the CBS Morning Show w/Charlie Rose and Gayle King and said that they believed that Darren Wilson had intent to kill some black person that day. May or may not have been their son Michael - but he wanted to kill a black person that day.

That seriously is what they believe?!?

No mention at all of their sons criminal behavior or their bad job as parents.

And Gayle King certainly didn't bring that up.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:04 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,127,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I don't like agendas on either side of the race card. The bottom line for me is that these were despicable acts committed by despicable human beings. I'm glad they were caught and prosecuted. It wouldn't matter if they were black or white or if it was a black on black crime or white on white crime. Animals like that need to be removed from society.
I agree!

Old 08-25-2015, 01:05 PM

387 posts, read 355,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
We live in a very nice hood...low crime...I was home during the day, late fall so doors and windows closed...and a couple black dudes came to door...I assumed they were jehova witnesses as we get a lot of those and I didn't analyze the situation...

after knocking a few times they opened the screen door, then tried the front door...locked...they went around to the back door as I went and opened my bedside gun safe, took out my glock...and went to say howdy doo

they opened back screen and tried back door...locked...they shook the door rather violently a few times...assumed to see how solid it was...I pulled back door curtain and showed my new friends the glock...they walked away...

these idiots went to the next house and knocked on front door...cops were there about 2 minutes later JUSt after they kicked in the back door on my neighbors house...BUSTED

I smiled and waved as they put them in the car...as they were bringning them out to car I told the cop, so they could hear "I almost unlocked my back door so they would walk in, where I could legally blow their brains out"...cops said "I wish you would have"...

Great story....but I'm glad you used caution....They may have also been armed and their were several of them....So it's no guarantee that you would have "won" a shootout with them...

Old 08-25-2015, 01:20 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,969,910 times
So just another day then...

Old 08-25-2015, 01:34 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,745,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
Imagine if this was a bunch of white kids doing this to a black couple.
I'm sure it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.