Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:57 AM

50,115 posts, read 35,769,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Precisely. Why people still don't get this boggles my mind. The Safari tours were created to fund conservation areas after folks became aware of wildlife's rapid decline.
No one is against this kind of safari, which was a photo safari and is actually much more popular than the hunting ones are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 08:02 AM

387 posts, read 353,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Precisely. Why people still don't get this boggles my mind. The Safari tours were created to fund conservation areas after folks became aware of wildlife's rapid decline.

Yep, but than when a game warden gets killed the environmentalist tards will say...."But dey shouldnnnt have been in there Lions territorz" derp de derp meanwhile its through the efforts of people like this game ranger that Cecil even has any territory to begin with.....Without Safari Tours their is no funding for any conservation operations and Cecil has no National Park to be lured out of by evil murdering Dentists (low blow I know lol)

Moral of the story....Even If you love wildlife....Always carry a gun when hiking/being near dangerous animals and be ready to use it....Always put your own personal safety first and if that means shooting an attacking animal in self defense....well so be it....Don't lose your life because of some environmentalist losers....Lions defend themselves AND so do Humans....but with Guns!!!!

The Left/Environmentalists are just fully grown emotionally driven 10 years olds who shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone with a brain...

Old 08-26-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Yep, but than when a game warden gets killed the environmentalist tards will say...."But dey shouldnnnt have been in there Lions territorz" derp de derp meanwhile its through the efforts of people like this game ranger that Cecil even has any territory to begin with.....Without Safari Tours their is no funding for any conservation operations and Cecil has no National Park to be lured out of by evil murdering Dentists (low blow I know lol)

Moral of the story....Even If you love wildlife....Always carry a gun when hiking/being near dangerous animals and be ready to use it....Always put your own personal safety first and if that means shooting an attacking animal in self defense....well so be it....Don't lose your life because of some environmentalist losers....Lions defend themselves AND so do Humans....but with Guns!!!!

The Left/Environmentalists are just fully grown emotionally driven 10 years olds who shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone with a brain...
What are you talking about? Environmentalists are probably a major source of safari eco-tourism dollars. Why on earth would you think someone who supports the environment would be against photo safaris?

Old 08-26-2015, 08:21 AM

387 posts, read 353,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What are you talking about? Environmentalists are probably a major source of safari eco-tourism dollars. Why on earth would you think someone who supports the environment would be against photo safaris?

I'm not really talking about real environmentalists ala Jane Goodall....Just these pathetic Arm-Chair Eco Warriors who seem to have some bizarre hatred of Humanity (probably because they outcast/losers who don't have any friends and cant connect with other Humans).....The extremist freaks who think Humans should be "culled" or that we have absolutely no right in "their territory" despite the fact that Safari Tours like this are needed to fund that territory....and that there would be no "Territory" without these Safari drives and other such thing....Of course you can't expect those pathetic morons to use any logic when coming to their sad opinions other than "Animals Good...People Bad" derp de derp.....

So let me see this is "revenge for Cecil"....Hmm so some hired Game Warden in charge of running a Safari Tour to RAISE money for the Game Park and protection of wildlife, being killed by a Lion is "revenge for Cecil".....Not by any logical standard unless you are some anti social outcast freak who is just happy to see an Animal kill a Human.....because you think Animals are superior or "more noble" for some stupid reason.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:11 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,258,481 times
Quote:
I'm not really talking about real environmentalists ala Jane Goodall....Just these pathetic Arm-Chair Eco Warriors who seem to have some bizarre hatred of Humanity (probably because they outcast/losers who don't have any friends and cant connect with other Humans).....The extremist freaks who think Humans should be "culled" or that we have absolutely no right in "their territory" despite the fact that Safari Tours like this are needed to fund that territory....and that there would be no "Territory" without these Safari drives and other such thing....Of course you can't expect those pathetic morons to use any logic when coming to their sad opinions other than "Animals Good...People Bad" derp de derp.....

So let me see this is "revenge for Cecil"....Hmm so some hired Game Warden in charge of running a Safari Tour to RAISE money for the Game Park and protection of wildlife, being killed by a Lion is "revenge for Cecil".....Not by any logical standard unless you are some anti social outcast freak who is just happy to see an Animal kill a Human.....because you think Animals are superior or "more noble" for some stupid reason.
you sound very repressed.

as for environmentalists, if you want to live in a country without environmental regulations i.e. drink water that won't kill you, then why not get the heck out of here. Buy one-way ticket to Africa or another country. K thx bye. They'll let you do whatever you want over there. Kill people, kill lions, poison water, whatever.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:18 AM

16,826 posts, read 14,983,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
you sound very repressed.

as for environmentalists, if you want to live in a country without environmental regulations i.e. drink water that won't kill you, then why not get the heck out of here. Buy one-way ticket to Africa or another country. K thx bye. They'll let you do whatever you want over there. Kill people, kill lions, poison water, whatever.
To be fair, environmentalists don't have much of anything to do with our drinking water. Water treatment plants and chemists are primarily responsible for that. If you go and drink water from the stream or river, I'm pretty sure you'll get severely ill.

Also, in most places in Africa, it is illegal to kill people, it is illegal to kill lions without a permit (hence the conservation areas), and the water isn't much dirtier than it is here -- they just don't have much resource to treat it the way we do.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:

I don't see people like that, nor really hear about them...are they actually in such large numbers that it's an issue? Where have you seen people with these views??

The person who said this is revenge for Cecil is not an animal lover, he posted this story with that tagline simply to MOCK those who cared about Cecil in the previous thread.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:59 AM

16,826 posts, read 14,983,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't see people like that, nor really hear about them...are they actually in such large numbers that it's an issue? Where have you seen people with these views??

The person who said this is revenge for Cecil is not an animal lover, he posted this story with that tagline simply to MOCK those who cared about Cecil in the previous thread.
No, I posted it as dark humor.
I love animals and the environment.
However, I also believe that the dentist-shoots-Cecil outrage was blown way out of proportion.
Do I hunt? No. I don't kill animals unless I want to eat them.
Do I disapprove of people who hunt/fish for fun? No. I'm neutral on that stance.

I'd be an absolute hypocrite to cry out for justice for hunted animals when I grew up playing sports (and still do.) Footballs are made from cowhide. Hockey pucks are made from tree sap.

Are people going to boycott football players because they enjoy throwing around pieces of cow that were slaughtered for their game?

Old 08-26-2015, 12:59 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,319,071 times
"Walking Safari"? The only time I'd be walking and viewing lions is with a zoo cage between me.

I'm all for Safaris it's an amazing experience to see the animals in their natural element. That said, a safari is usually done from a vehicle. Ya know so you can speed off if one of the animals gets aggressive.

A "walking safari" seems about as intelligent and safe of an idea as going swimming with sharks without the steel safety cage.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:44 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,281,172 times
Quote:
Should also carry a firearm when hiking in any area filled with dangerous animals...

The guy was apparently a conservationist (So why are Leftists celebrating his death??)....He was a warden for the game park (in the business of saving wildlife) but yet the Leftist freaks are still happy he was killed because "he was in the Lions territory."

My theory is that Leftists/Environmentalists are anti social outcasts....They are the weird loser kids from your high school....So since they can't interact successfully with their fellow Humans they develop a hatred/dislike for Human kind and an extreme interest in animals/natures...But animals ALSO ostracize the weird/unusual, so they are no better in this regard....

Who are the leftists that are happy he was killed? I did not read one yet so I imagine it is on a different thread or forum. Saying that if you get too close to a lion you stand a good chance of being attacked and killed is simply an observation of how things work and is neither right or left politics. And commenting on the fact animals do kill to protect themselves and their group is not the same as saying that we are happy that the person got killed.

Your theory is simply a sign that you either do not know many enviromentalists or know who you do not like. Enviromentalists can come from any part of the political spectrum. I like people but also wish for the existence of wildlife, open spaces and clean air and water.

The story is sad for not only the man and his family but also for the tourists he was guiding. I do not know enough about the situation, I read somewhere that he sacrificed his life to save others and that puts him at the same level as a boat's captain that does the same. If the situation could have been avoided by him acting in a different manner I do not know. It is said but predicable if he did approach the pride too close. The killing of Cecil on the other hand was baiting a lion out of a protected area and killing him from a stand. The only two factors that are the same in the two stories are that it involved lions and men and one killed the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events