Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 06:08 PM

755 posts, read 675,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I haven't lived anywhere else to be able to say either they are all better or we are all better as a whole...again I think it is a stupid thing to say about any country. I think Canada's health care system is better than ours, but I wouldn't say Canada as a whole is "better" (frankly I'm not sure what that even means.). I think our political system is bad because it's too dependent on big money, but I don't know enough about politics to be able to say which country's is "better". I find this argument juvenile, and along the lines of "My dad can beat up your dad", it's pointless and subjective.
Stupid?

C'mon. I don't need to live in S. Dakota to know I wouldn't like it there. Certain places offer certain benefits or the lack thereof, so it is not stupid to say America is better than a tyrannical ran desert waste land like Afghanistan. Or an oppressive state like China or an impoverished place like Colombia. Or a wet overcast moss covered depressing place like London or a frigid isolated place like Scandinavia, etc, etc.

Some people.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:19 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
He didn't say every black person; and who is making an excuse. Cause and effect is what it is.
He was making an excuse for the high crime rate.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:37 PM

7 posts, read 4,762 times
Animal. Imagine a country without scum like this......Just imagine.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:40 PM

755 posts, read 675,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
He was making an excuse for the high crime rate.
He was stating what caused it, he wasn't saying it was ok or should be forgiven, that's an excuse. The fact that people were denied education and basic civil rights led to what you have today, that is not an excuse it is a fact. The behavior shouldn't be excused and the act (black exclusion) that caused it shouldn't be excused.

I love when people have no problem saying black people should be accountable but when you say that the people who created that environment should be held accountable, people get their panties in a bunch.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:31 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,924,324 times
So I watched the very chilling video on YouTube, and I couldn't help but notice that there are a lot of people who think this whole event is fake, and is a hoax. Why is that?

Old 08-31-2015, 04:36 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
So I watched the very chilling video on YouTube, and I couldn't help but notice that there are a lot of people who think this whole event is fake, and is a hoax. Why is that?
Because some people have nothing else to do and do not want to believe that people can do evil things. So anytime something bad happens they try to insulate themselves from reality by pretending its all made up.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:54 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Stupid?

C'mon. I don't need to live in S. Dakota to know I wouldn't like it there. Certain places offer certain benefits or the lack thereof, so it is not stupid to say America is better than a tyrannical ran desert waste land like Afghanistan. Or an oppressive state like China or an impoverished place like Colombia. Or a wet overcast moss covered depressing place like London or a frigid isolated place like Scandinavia, etc, etc.

Some people.
Yes, of course it is better than those countries. That isn't what you said. In fact I think you said it to a poster from Scotland, implying we are so much better than they are or something. In comparison to other democratic, first world countries, we have some things that are better and they have some things that they do better. But to say we are still the best country in the world bar none in every category is not just something I buy. I can't speak for exactly what life is like in Scotland, but I would imagine it seems civil and much less breakneck pace than American life. I don't know though, so I'm not going to slam someone who lives there by automatically saying "we're the best, rah rah!". Again I think that is silly.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
No, disarm everyone. Gradually. Australia done it.

Good luck with that. Are you going to be first in line to go door to door in this country in confiscating the guns of law abiding citizens? Come on, and put your money where your mouth is! Let me know how it works for you.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Jail them for a long time if they are in possession.

Oh sure, let's feed the Prison Industrial Complex even more! How statist of you! Your location says Scotland. Do all of us a favor in this country..... STAY THERE!!!

Old 08-31-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Listen me and you are different - you hold dear your ''right'' to have a gun in a civilized society. Me, I hold dear peoples lives.

If you held people's rights dear, then you wouldn't be advocating restricting their rights to protect themselves from the dregs of society!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events