Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Why is it silly? I initially assumed the possibility that, as news reporters, they reported on a story that contained sensitive information about... I dunno, maybe gang members. Not blaming the victims. I was just speculating on what might have been the cause.
It's not silly. Reporters across the world get killed or kidnapped for this all the time.
This is the problem with today's world. Nobody waits to learn the facts. I've been guilty of the same thing, however.

The man was a disgruntled employee and wrote a very long "manifesto" before committing the deadly shooting. He said he wanted to start a "race war" and was motivated by the shooting in Charleston where 9 Black people were killed during a Wed evening Bible study group. He also said he heard the voice of Jehovah telling him it was time to act.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:07 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
A very American tragedy - and only the most obtuse would vehemently dismiss guns and their accessibility from the equation.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:08 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, you are one of those who think Blacks can't suffer from mental illness?
That may be true, although I doubt it, but please reread what I actually wrote.
"It is my sense that Mr. Flanagan's act was motivated by racial animus that originated in his place of employment, a twofer if you will. But since we can't bring Mr. Flanagan before a court of law, how it is passed off is not only totally irrelevant, in short it is a rather pointless argument. Strike that, it isn't pointless because the sole purpose of the argument is to score points. What a sad legacy for these two people shot down by a deranged human, pawns in the cultural wars."
It always has to be a 'culture' war?

Quote:
I'm disappointed.
You aren't alone in that regard.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:09 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
https://youtu.be/cl8okt4BuU4

News is still breaking but it's been reported that the reporter and cameraman have died.
Shooter was black.....and not a word from the White House, BLM, Sharpton, Holder, NPR, CNN, MSN, Sandy Behar, Whoopie......can we start WLM2?

I don't get it, why shoot two former co-workers? Could they have pissed him off THAT much?

Old 08-26-2015, 04:12 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,075,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Shooter was black.....and not a word from the White House, BLM, Sharpton, Holder, NPR, CNN, MSN, Sandy Behar, Whoopie......can we start WLM2?

I don't get it, why shoot two former co-workers? Could they have pissed him off THAT much?
Really? Cause the real image shows a white man. The black man is just a SCRAPEGOAT.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:12 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The man was a disgruntled employee and wrote a very long "manifesto" before committing the deadly shooting. He said he wanted to start a "race war" and was motivated by the shooting in Charleston where 9 Black people were killed during a Wed evening Bible study group. He also said he heard the voice of Jehovah telling him it was time to act.
The perfect trifecta for insanity, race, work and religion.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:14 PM

I wish every shooting wouldn't turn into a political debate. I believe in background checks and waiting periods. I had to take a written exam and pass a driving test to get a driver's license, so buying a gun shouldn't be so much easier.

My only concern is, once we tell the government it's okay to pry into our personal lives (which it already does of course) where do we draw the line? Would a background check or waiting period have prevented this terrible event? I'm not so sure.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:15 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,075,941 times
Quote:

Video of the shooting. Look at his arm...

LiveLeak.com - WDBJ Live Shooter Filmed Himself as He fired

Quote:

This just isn't true. President Obama immediately gave his condolences to the families. By the way, I saw the story as soon as I woke up and turned on my TV which was on channel 36 MSNBC. Then I hit my remote button and it was also on CNN.

Do you think if you write something then people will believe it's true? If you are getting this info from other sites, I suggest you change your sources.

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
So in the end, he was a gay black man who got picked on, was sexually harassed at work, got beat up by black men and white females, supported mass school shootings, and had a vendetta against Dylann Roof (Some dude who killed people he never knew.) A real nutjab. Good riddance. Pity he had to take two innocent lives with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events