Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 05:04 AM

3,253 posts, read 3,735,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
He looks black? Are you serious? Wow. People reaching these days. It's clear the guy has lighter skin. White people I guess just can't admit they also commit murders and crimes as well.
Yeah, they were really reaching.

White people in America commit a lot of murders and crimes... just nowhere near the rate that black Americans do.

If the victims had been black and the shooter white, race would be a huge issue in the story. Why is the same not true for when the shoe is on the other foot?

Old 08-27-2015, 05:20 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,363,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Because vast majority of shooters are black huh?
I was being facetious.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:23 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,363,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montygirl View Post
Yes the UK does have its nasty history I have never said that but we have made great strides to try and right things and have cohesive communities. I know because I grew up in a multi cultural community and everyone were just people, I continued to live in one until I left the there. I didn't say we don't have bad neighbourhoods but there are no no go areas and I should know as lived in all parts of the country thanks not just London. Im not sure the point on the Daily Mail, we know we are tolerant, however I wouldn't trust the Daily Mail as a serious paper to quote . Its one of the papers most people laugh at in the UK. Whilst there you obviously never heard the phrase it must be true its in the Sun Or the Daily mail !
If you will read the Daily Mail article (and personally I despise the Daily Mail itself and am well aware of it's reputation, thanks though) you will see that it is citing an actual, legitimate study - one that was not done by the Daily Mail.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,602,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Really?

Here is a formal portrait of the shooter:
Yeah, really. The picture I was commenting on was the one shown by the cameraman who died.

I think it's on page 3 or 4 in this thread.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:11 AM

1,069 posts, read 706,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Yeah, they were really reaching.

White people in America commit a lot of murders and crimes... just nowhere near the rate that black Americans do.

If the victims had been black and the shooter white, race would be a huge issue in the story. Why is the same not true for when the shoe is on the other foot?
When is the BLM demonstration scheduled for? ......no demonstration? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 08-27-2015, 06:11 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,602,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
From his "manifesto."

"As for Dylann Roof? You (deleted)! You want a race war (deleted)? BRING IT THEN YOU WHITE (deleted)!!!" the document reportedly said.

He referred to them, but didn't applaud them. I don't know what words were deleted, but I'm guessing he used profanity. Like A-hole, F--kers or you Sh**heads. (Typical that a news station is more concerned about printing bad language than showing a shooting.)

Source
Yes, that is part of a 23-page rambling. There are other parts; at least that's what I've been hearing on the news.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:21 AM

6,424 posts, read 9,742,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
So this is a win for you, right? Lives lost, others shattered. But you "won" this day. Congratulations.

What was there to win when people are killed? That was a pathetic post you made, hope it helps you feel better about yourself.

My post was a response to someone gloating that the shooter was white, when in fact he was not.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:29 AM

21,397 posts, read 10,461,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
actually not...criminologists have pretty much agreed after looking at 20 plus years of data that arresting more people probably dropped the crime rate by 5%. It's speculative but there is growing consensus that the large drop in the crime rate can be largely attributed to taking lead out of paint and gasoline. Another theory that isn't considered PC is that roe v wade made abortion available to women who didn't want to be mothers, or were unable to care for the child and that unloved, or poorly cared for children have a higher chance of becoming engaged in criminal activity. It's complex, I read everything I can find about it because it's fascinating.
I've heard those speculations as well. Personally, I think the number they speculated crime dropped by due to abortion is overstated, and the numbers for crime dropping due to locking violent criminals up long term is understated. Just because someone doesn't want to get pregnant and considers and rejects abortion or abortion is unavailable, it does not necessarily follow that the child will remain unwanted or unloved once it is born. I do believe Roe v. Wade is a contributing factor though, just as baby boomers getting older is a huge factor (young people commit most of the crimes).

However, I still think locking up a lot of the drug offenders dropped crime by more than 5%. There was a lot of violent people who were selling drugs back in the '80s and '90s. Those people taken off the streets definitely contributed to a huge drop in crime. My guess is that the biggest contributer was the baby boomers aging out of the crime market, and the fact that the current young generation is larger than Gen X is why crime is edging up again.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Yes, and you also have towns where over a thousand girls were raped with the full knowledge of the the police, the town leadership and other local authorities who were so afraid to be called racist that they instead blamed the predominantly lower class white, underage victims rather than the almost unanimously Pakistani men that were committing the rapes which went on for over a decade. Girls as young as 5 were basically ****-shamed and blamed for making the men act randy. Police showed up while young girls were being sexually abused by groups of these men....and ended up arresting the girl.

You can step down from your soapbox now sweetheart, your civilized society is screwed up in its own unique ways too.
Thank you! I think Montygirl just doesn't know that they have their own race issues brewing that are going to come back to bite them in the *ss one day. This doesn't happen overnight.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montygirl View Post
Not saying it isn't, like I said things are not always perfect, but they didn't go get a weapon and shoot everyone did they? and I'm not your sweetheart! The care system, social services and police I agree let them down, and it wasn't down to the race card they didn't ask questions solely but because the girls were in care and they didn't trust what they were saying but again we don't run for a weapon and go shoot all the social workers and police. It's also to do with the culture of reporting rape where certain members of society feel they led them on or people don't take allegations seriously just because they don't come from a conventional background or what society sees as conventional
I read the report that these allegations continued for over a decade. The report specifically said the police didn't act on it because they feared riling that community and being labeled racists. It doesn't matter if they were poor white kids from an "unconventional" background. After so many allegations came in the police had to believe them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events