Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2015, 07:35 PM

8,259 posts, read 3,510,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Did anyone watch this? For gods sake people are dying and all you can do is deny facts.

YOUR countrymen dying not mine, and it is like you don't lost a millisecond of sleep over it. Backward people.
Most of the people murdered by guns in this country are criminals in a dispute. Then you have people murdered in home invasions when they didn't have the means to defend themselves. Since I am not a criminal in a dispute with another criminal then I am more likely to be victimized. I am unconcerned with what criminals do to each other. People who choose a gang/ghetto lifestyle took the risks themselves. People should be secure in their homes and have the means to defend themselves when outsiders seek to invade their realm of security.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:37 PM

21 posts, read 22,949 times
Anyone who thinks guns are the sole determining factor in homicide rates obviously has never seen a Zatoichi movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Do me a favor. Correlate gun ownership rates with homicide rates. The video does no such thing. More guns = more gun deaths? NO sh** sherlock. More guns =more homicides? PROVE IT, YOU HAVE NOT

Why is the white homicide rate so low? Us whites own alot of guns? Why are we not dying en masse?

Old 08-29-2015, 07:41 PM

21 posts, read 22,949 times
Yup. Watched that show last night. If being gay didn't work, then it was race. It's funny how people will still insist his actions were the result of his being "disgruntled".

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Reread about the initials comment. I think it was regarding the victims in SC. He cites that as the catalyst to him purchasing his gun. Also, the settlement was with the Tallahassee station although they pretty much destroyed his case. It likely was to get him to shut up and go away.

The murderer was a professional victim.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:46 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,812,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Really? Cause the real image shows a white man. The black man is just a SCRAPEGOAT.
LMAO!
That was supposed to be funny, right?

Old 08-29-2015, 07:50 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,335,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky305 View Post
How many massacres are happening in this country?
We've had 90 in the past five decades. AT LEAST 150 deaths. We are number one in the world in rampages.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Your concerned about massacres? Sorry but mass shootings are statistically irrelevant to the homicide rate. Bombs are plenty effective to induce mass casualties, I found that out first hand thank God they were poorly made. FYI you should not worry about bombings in your day to day life either.
Name the number of massacres resulting in injury and death from bombs. Do the same for guns. I'll wait.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridefulCanadian View Post
Anyone who thinks guns are the sole determining factor in homicide rates obviously has never seen a Zatoichi movie...
You're right. I never have. Inform us and spare us the hubris. Please.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:58 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,418,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Nothing wrong with you having your own opinion, but it would be nice if you could listen to all the facts before coming to that opinion. Unfortunately most of you gun rights advocates just conveniently ignore all the facts that don't agree with your position. Kind of like you ignore the entire first half of the Second Amendment, that you love so much.

It makes it really difficult to have an intelligent debate on this subject.
Operative clause: "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The operative clause is the actual protected right; kind of the 'meat and potatoes.' The court wrote: "1. Operative Clause. a. 'Right of the People.' [used 3 times in Bill of Rights] ... All three of these instances unambiguously refer to individual rights, not 'collective' rights, or rights that may be exercised only through participation in some corporate body." (p.5).

Prefatory clause: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State."

The prefatory clause is the lead-in that “announces a purpose” for the operative clause. The court stated: "The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms"(Heller law syllabus p.1).

The court also stated: "The Amendment could be rephrased, 'Because a well regulated Militia is necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.'” (Heller law syllabus p.3, emphasis added).

Note: “syllabus” in law briefs is not like a college course summary, but “a short note preceding the text of a reported case that briefly summarizes the rulings of the court on the points decided in the case."

Old 08-29-2015, 08:00 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,854,913 times
Your right to bear arms is more precious than said 16,000 others right to live?

Old 08-29-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Come for our guns. Find out how many people die. The law abiding dont kill people perfectly reflected by the White homicide rate. YOu try and take the law abiding's property? Good luck. It wont be pretty.
I've no doubt you'll fight tooth and nail for your rights. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events