Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 08:29 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
As I've already told you, I think you make stuff up, its out in the open on the thread about the news crew being killed and you didn't see fit to correct it. Sorry, I don't see your ideas as worthy of much other than bye bye.
Ah come on now, you just got your feelers hurt when I mentioned that people don't vote for traffic laws and now you want to resort to the tactics of a 10 year old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 09:26 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
you can leave anytime....if you need help, DM me and i will help you pack
Freedom of speech -- an American principle -- gives the poster the right to express himself without being told he should leave the country.

Brush up on your Constitution.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:29 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
If the cop had stopped the killer of the news crew, before he killed them, he would have given him a ticket at let him go. Or maybe he would have arrested him on some trumped up charge, and the guy would have bonded out. Then he would have gone and killed the people.

Nice try to justify police harassing innocent people though. You FAIL, but nice try.
But what if after he bonded out he had fallen into a black hole, or a fault line opened up and he fell into it, or he didn't notice the quicksand and drowned in it, or a Tyrannosaurus Red came along and ate him. See, then the officer's action would have resulted in him (the officer) being a hero. So much more reasonable to think of all the extreme things that could happen once in a million than to just take things at face value.

KaaBoom, you simply don't understand. On City Data it is a requirement that you love every police officer no matter what they do, or might do, or ever did.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:37 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
It is kind of disingenuous to allow the former to run around unhindered, complain when efforts to rid ourselves of them are tried and then cry and whine when more of the same join the ranks. So, have you any answers for the crips and bloods or should we enlist Nuestra Familia to help out? Do you also subscribe to the idea that all cops are bad, since you use the term in a general sense and there are no good crips, bloods?
Lets put it this way. If a Cop commits a crime, or violates some ones rights, just because he thinks he can, and other cops know what the cop did, and know of cases where others have done the same thing, yet they said nothing, and covered for them instead, then, by all means, they are all as guilty as the Bad Cop, because they did nothing to stop it. In a Bank Robbery, you don't have to be the guy that went into the Bank and shot the teller. You can be the guy in the get away car, at the wheel, and still be as equally guilty. Just saw three local teens convicted of murder, for stabbing a girl, and only one did the stabbing.

I don't see where you have a leg to stand on, defending Bad Cops, since that makes you no better than any Gang Member. Its pathetic.

Truth be known, some of the Gang members may e better than a Bad Cop, because they may have more ethics and don't hide behind a Uniform that's supposed to stand for everything they aren't.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:39 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,986 times
The police are a reflection of the society. The values they have are a product of what they are taught and their experiences and judging why what we see on CD, you should be thankful that having access to the resourcea they do, that they don't simply just shoot everyone. That is considering the cast of hate filled people who basically subscribe to anarchy as the way to go. Some then say the USA is the worst country on the planet but realizing that leaving is easier than returning, seem to hang around.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:39 PM

1,069 posts, read 712,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Freedom of speech -- an American principle -- gives the poster the right to express himself without being told he should leave the country.

Brush up on your Constitution.
i want people happy....if a person is that miserable in their surroundings, they can leave

Old 08-27-2015, 09:41 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Lets put it this way. If a Cop commits a crime, or violates some ones rights, just because he thinks he can, and other cops know what the cop did, and know of cases where others have done the same thing, yet they said nothing, and covered for them instead, then, by all means, they are all as guilty as the Bad Cop, because they did nothing to stop it. In a Bank Robbery, you don't have to be the guy that went into the Bank and shot the teller. You can be the guy in the get away car, at the wheel, and still be as equally guilty. Just saw three local teens convicted of murder, for stabbing a girl, and only one did the stabbing.

I don't see where you have a leg to stand on, defending Bad Cops, since that makes you no better than any Gang Member. Its pathetic.

Truth be known, some of the Gang members may e better than a Bad Cop, because they may have more ethics and don't hide behind a Uniform that's supposed to stand for everything they aren't.
I don't defend bad cops. What I also do not do, something I doubt you can relate to is say all cops are bad. That does seem to be what your ideas present. Don't worry, Kaboom has your back.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

KaaBoom, you simply don't understand. On City Data it is a requirement that you love every police officer no matter what they do, or might do, or ever did.
u dont have to love them, but you should respect the badge....some people have a hard time with that concept

Old 08-27-2015, 09:42 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I always just wave at cops when I pass them on two lane roads (which is 99% of my driving). The one trooper now actually goes out of his way to wave at me first when he sees me around town. I guess this only works in smaller towns.

And maybe he thinks that you waving is suspicious and you must be doing some thing wrong, but haven't been caught yet....

Old 08-27-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
And maybe he thinks that you waving is suspicious and you must be doing some thing wrong, but haven't been caught yet....
and if he gets pulled over for acting suspicious, be respectful and comply with the officers wishes, and quite possibly you will be told to have a nice night and be on your way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events