Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 10:51 PM

50,880 posts, read 24,384,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Some people hate the police, all police. You see it in the posts when they cast the wide need and present as their idea. Say all criminals are bad and watch them defend the worst of humanity, the rapists, the murderers, the child molesters as they embrace all that is wrong and evil. All you have to do is read the posts to know who truly hates all police, easy to spot.
First of all, I don't know what the sentence bolded means.

I have very, very few people on this forum who "hate the police, all police".

Defend the "worst of humanity, the rapists, the murderers, the child molesters as they embrace all that is wrong and evil". No, most of us defend the rights of all Americans to be innocent until proven guilty, to be arrested and tried, not tried in an extrajudicial manner, and if found guilty by their peers on a jury to go to jail or prison. We believe in working through the American justice system, not taking shortcuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 10:57 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,077,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
happened to me many times in different states and Im not black... and has NOTHING to do with race...
You get pulled over all the time because you didn't signal 100ft in advance? I call bS on that.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:59 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Some people hate the police, all police. You see it in the posts when they cast the wide need and present as their idea. Say all criminals are bad and watch them defend the worst of humanity, the rapists, the murderers, the child molesters as they embrace all that is wrong and evil. All you have to do is read the posts to know who truly hates all police, easy to spot.
Any examples of posters in this thread ever doing that?

Seems like you're overly emotional about people calling out cops who behave badly and make cops look bad in general.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:13 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,900,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
The more you post the more it seems like police are the ones with an agenda.

^^^^Ssshh! It's a secret!

Old 08-27-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You get it... people with agendas never will... the officer mentioned his legal reason for the stop ..and his feelings ..one is legal ..the other doesn't matter UNLESS its coupled with other legal reasons

We call it the felony look... or the awxsheeit look. Parolees have it..cops have it..they know us..and we them .. regular citizens display discernrment or fear .. crooks display deceit.. fear.. and doubt... its so telling a one year took learns this.. if you want to stay alive you do

How many times have each of you looked at your children and knew they did something "wrong" long before you discovered it...
I can't pull you over for "the look"
But I can for the other 48000 vehicle codes

Get over it folks

And while were on the subject
Profiling works very very well...we aren't allowed to do it because of PC garbage

Ask the Israelis....

Was the legal reason for not signaling 100 ft before the turn? If any cop can repeatedly turn his on at the 100 ft from intersection point at speed I would fall over. If the law is so adamant about 100 ft the state should be legally required to erect 100 ft markers to determine where said arbitrary point is. I have never heard of the law in any state I have driven in; I have never heard of it until seeing this thread. It's a BS reason the pig had to run the guy's ID through the system. In other words, he was profiling the guy. Meanwhile, 100 cars went by speeding driven by drinking drivers, some one leaving a crime scene or other real crime. Cops need to be placed under citizen's arrest to simmer their dumb a**es down at times. Handcuffed and in the sun on a curb so everyone can see them as they drive by and honk.

I am no fan of the fascist police though I recognize their worth in the big picture. The problem is they pay to much attention to the small things rather than doing their jobs...the big picture.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post

And now you get to the meat of the problem. Eventually a society ends up with so many laws that everyone is breaking at least one of them at any given moment. At that point law enforcement can do whatever the hell it wants and come up with the justification for it later...and then tell you to get over it.
Welcome to 1984.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:31 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,932,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Was the legal reason for not signaling 100 ft before the turn? If any cop can repeatedly turn his on at the 100 ft from intersection point at speed I would fall over. If the law is so adamant about 100 ft the state should be legally required to erect 100 ft markers to determine where said arbitrary point is. I have never heard of the law in any state I have driven in; I have never heard of it until seeing this thread. It's a BS reason the pig had to run the guy's ID through the system. In other words, he was profiling the guy. Meanwhile, 100 cars went by speeding driven by drinking drivers, some one leaving a crime scene or other real crime. Cops need to be placed under citizen's arrest to simmer their dumb a**es down at times. Handcuffed and in the sun on a curb so everyone can see them as they drive by and honk.

I am no fan of the fascist police though I recognize their worth in the big picture. The problem is they pay to much attention to the small things rather than doing their jobs...the big picture.
Don't know where you live but where I live ..........

Arizona statute 28-754. Turning movements and required signals.

B. A signal of intention to turn right or left when required shall be given continuously during not less than the last one hundred feet traveled by the vehicle before turning.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
You are right. When I did Grand Jury duty, the officers explained the things they look for when performing criminal interdiction. And the "felony look" - as you put it - is one of those things (there are others - it was good to know ).

I don't see the problem provided the officer is professional and ethical in the way he/she conducts the stop.

By condoning it, you are part of the problem. The officers explained they are pulling people over for thought-crimes; what else can a "felony look" imply?

Old 08-27-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Don't know where you live but where I live ..........

Arizona statute 28-754. Turning movements and required signals.

B. A signal of intention to turn right or left when required shall be given continuously during not less than the last one hundred feet traveled by the vehicle before turning.

And every driver knows exactly how to judge 100 feet while driving at speed and watching other idiots so a turn can be safely made, right?

Can you judge 100 feet while driving? It is really hard to judge in the desert, I know. I live on the east coast in the middle of forested land. It's hard to judge here. It is a ridiculous law invented so the pigs can pull a driver over for no other reason.

NASCAR puts markers on the track and retaining walls so drivers know when they can accelerate during restarts for very much the same reason.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:50 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,522,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

Should the state also erect signs demanding people not kill each other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events