Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 05:45 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Except … I am a gun owner and former NRA member …

Many of us who favor much better more strict thorough gun control are not "anti-gun" …
We are just fed up with the extremist gun nut culture and its horrible effects …

It's not an all or nothing matter, you see ...
I call crap on that....if you were, you would know that the majority of gun killings are suicide and gangs....

So, tell us about this extremist gun nut culture and it's horrible effect...are you talking about gang murders, suicide...do tell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 06:09 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,826,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Walmart sells full auto rifles? Interesting.

ARs are too low powered for much large game in the US. As hunting season is approaching and AR sales have dropped fairly significantly because they were so huge for a while due to legislative fear this move probably makes fiscal sense.
Such BULLSH*T!!! ARs are too low powered?? Wow, another weapons expert has educated us all!!

In fact, the power of AR platform rifles can vary more than many other rifles, considering the modular platforms. AR rifles can be used to hunt game as small as tiny little birds all the way up to taking down moose and even buffalo. Considering you can chamber an AR in calibers ranging from .22 to 458 Win Mag, I would say that could cover almost any type of game on this planet Earth.

The most common AR calibers are 5.56/223, 308/7.62x51, 6.8SPC, 300AAC are very viable hunting calibers and are very commonly used for hunting deer and elk, the most common game animals in the USA.

So, before you post uneducated posts that are based on some anti-gun article from some liberal magazine/news source, do a little research. Using facts and figures is better than emotional outbursts as most liberal news sources tend to use.

OH, BTW, it is illegal to sell fully automatic rifles that were produced after the federal full auto ban in retail store. Looks like you are spreading more misinformation based on profound ignorance.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 08-30-2015 at 06:29 PM..

Old 08-30-2015, 06:12 PM

Wal-Mart stopped selling ARs, not because of Sandy Hook or outrage, but because they were not making money on them, as most people who go shop at Wal-Mart do not go there to buy an AR-15. Most people will buy guns like this at local gun store or on gunbroker, where they can be had cheaper or be able to buy most customize accessories along with their AR purchase.

The media is twisting everything once again. I also bet that Wal-Mart will start selling AR-15s again, because the sporting goods departments are managed independently at each Wal-Mart. Even though Wal-Mart, as a whole, will not stock AR-15s, they still may be able to do custom ordering and a manager at a store may choose to carry it, based on the store's demographics. I was amazed at how the Wal-Mart in Mount Vernon , Washington had a nice little AR-15 section I never saw at any other Wal-Mart. It showed to me that Wal-Marts can vary a bit on their selection, based on the locale.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:31 PM

414 posts, read 296,225 times
Funny thread, as always anytime this topic comes up. People feel free to opine on specifics, yet have no idea what they are talking about. But MSNBC said it, and they don't either. But lets not split hairs.

Walmart not selling ARs because they don't make any money is a bit like saying the fishing rod section should be removed. All PC baloney.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:41 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Such BULLSH*T!!! ARs are too low powered?? Wow, another weapons expert has educated us all!!

In fact, the power of AR platform rifles can vary more than many other rifles, considering the modular platforms. AR rifles can be used to hunt game as small as tiny little birds all the way up to taking down moose and even buffalo. Considering you can chamber an AR in calibers ranging from .22 to 458 Win Mag, I would say that could cover almost any type of game on this planet Earth.

The most common AR calibers are 5.56/223, 308/7.62x51, 6.8SPC, 300AAC are very viable hunting calibers and are very commonly used for hunting deer and elk, the most common game animals in the USA.

So, before you post uneducated posts that are based on some anti-gun article from some liberal magazine/news source, do a little research. Using facts and figures is better than emotional outbursts as most liberal news sources tend to use.

OH, BTW, it is illegal to sell fully automatic rifles that were produced after the federal full auto ban in retail store. Looks like you are spreading more misinformation based on profound ignorance.
I am talking in generalities. Walmart is not selling specialty ar's like the 300 blackout. They are selling 5.56. Not a hunting rifle for the majority of game in the US. .223 is not an appropriate caliber for large game.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I am talking in generalities. Walmart is not selling specialty ar's like the 300 blackout. They are selling 5.56. Not a hunting rifle for the majority of game in the US. .223 is not an appropriate caliber for large game.
BS!!! 5.56 can hunt a good amount of game in the USA.. You are wrong.. And, not many hunters hunt large game.. 5.56 is a very adeqaute caliber for smaller and mid-size game, such as coyotes, deer, rabbits, varmints, etc..

WHat you are saying is totally bogus! As a matter of fact, more and more people are choosing the AR-15 as their preferred hunting rifle and it is becoming very common among varmint hunters.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:18 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,058 times
Quote:
BS!!! 5.56 can hunt a good amount of game in the USA.. You are wrong.. And, not many hunters hunt large game.. 5.56 is a very adeqaute caliber for smaller and mid-size game, such as coyotes, deer, rabbits, varmints, etc..

WHat you are saying is totally bogus! As a matter of fact, more and more people are choosing the AR-15 as their preferred hunting rifle and it is becoming very common among varmint hunters.
".223 is not an appropriate caliber for large game."

Did I say mid size game?

Old 08-30-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
".223 is not an appropriate caliber for large game."

Did I say mid size game?
And, a majority of people who hunt in the US only hunt large game? It's the other way around.. Most people who hunt do not hunt large game, therefore the AR-15 is an adequate hunting rifle for my applications, which counters your original statement of saying that it is not appropriate as a hunting rifle for the "majority" of game, as you falsely claimed earlier in your original post.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:26 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Except … I am a gun owner and former NRA member …

Many of us who favor much better more strict thorough gun control are not "anti-gun" …
We are just fed up with the extremist gun nut culture and its horrible effects …

It's not an all or nothing matter, you see ...
Unless you have a guilty conscience and are an anti-gun nut, what's your point?

I never singled you out, and could not care less if you own a gun or don't. being a former NRA Member doesn't cut any ice with me either. You can still be an anti-gun nut that favors bans on "scary " looking guns and other moronic reasons. In fact, you qualify for one, with a statement like "Extremist Gun Culture" which addresses Citizens and not Criminals. Your not really a "Gun Owner" as we know them. You just happen to own a gun. Big difference.

No one ever said it was all or nothing. That's your made up quote. You can be "fed up" with whatever you like, but the fact remains that there are a lot more of us who think we already have plenty of Gun Control, and some of the stupid Laws need to be repealed.

If you folks think your going anywhere with more Gun Control, and no opposition, think again. We are sick and tired of your anti-gun nut culture, who are afraid of "Scary Looking Guns." . LMAO

Old 08-30-2015, 09:52 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,008 times
Quote:

Sorry, but no one in our Gun/Shooting club uses an AR for hunting. We consider it too small for Deer. And Only a nitwit would hunt rabbits with an AR, in any caliber, unless it was a .22. I know I would never take one out to hunt with. We can take Deer with Rifle, but I consider the 5.56 too small, and bullet too easy to deflect in the woods, where brush can be a problem. It doesn't make a real good varmint gun either. I prefer something that shoots a bit flatter, and holds a scope better. My choice for Deer is my Remington 700BDL in 30-06. I leave my AR, AK, and HK's at home.

As far as more and more folks choosing an AR for small game? I don't see it at all. Most folks I know that own them, and that's quite a few, have them because they are fun to shoot, and for home defense should extreme conditions develop during a Natural or Man made Disaster, where Lawlessness may take place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events