Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 12:04 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,078,773 times

Advertisements

I thought Texas were more strict with it comes to crimes and murder? Oh yeah, unless you're white. Then you have the White of way!

Texas Teen, who's parents are Wealthy and White, gets a free pass after killing 4 in cold blood (drunk driving).
- What? Imagine if a black teen was caught driving drunk! And people wonder why white people who commit MORE crimes as a group, don't have as many people in jail..... (see FBI statistics). Because they don't go to jail for committing the same "crime" as other groups. Heck, a freaking Pedophile was released to create more room for Drug Offenders.

Texas teen in "affluenza" case gets rehab for driving drunk, killing 4 - CNN.com

Mother of 1, is convicted for rear ending and killing a white woman for texting while driving
Woman convicted in fatal Westminster crash that happened while she was speeding, texting - The Orange County Register

Old 08-28-2015, 12:37 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,888,929 times
Maybe money had something to do with it?

Also:

Quote:
SANTA ANA – A San Diego woman sobbed and struggled to hold back tears as she was convicted Thursday of causing a fatal freeway crash while speeding and using her cellphone.
Not Texas...

Old 08-28-2015, 02:26 AM

304 posts, read 325,645 times
Also she hasn't actually been sentenced yet, and according to the article she was tried once before and it ended in deadlocked jury. A mistrial was declared. And yes like the other poster said these are two different states, so it is not an apples to apples comparison.

And BTW, I think the Texas teen should have spent time in prison, a lot of time, but that doesn't have anything to do with cases in other states.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:39 AM

6,463 posts, read 9,839,455 times
Why is this a current event?

Old 08-28-2015, 04:03 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,867,897 times
I recall that the family of the white kid was very rich, I also recall a lot of people, myself included, were quite angry that this kids parents basically bought his freedom.
I don't think this is a black/white issue.
Look at Bill Cosby, do you think a non-famous black man would still be free if 2 dozen women claimed he drugged and raped them, for that matter a non-famous white man?
Politicians, entertainers, the very rich seem to get a pass when it comes to certain laws.
Hell Hilliary Clinton should have done a perp walk, instead she is still running for our country,s top office.

Bill

Old 08-28-2015, 04:48 AM

40,967 posts, read 49,283,992 times
Is this another thread with someone trying to blame it on Race?
If so it's a failure and takes away from when it might really happen.

Even us Texans thought that little Pr**k should be spending time in jail.
Difference here is she was an adult and he was a Juve when it all went down.

Quote:
She kept trying to blame my daughter for the accident, and my daughter was just sitting there in traffic,” said Dawn Mauer, Deanna’s mother. “Finally, my daughter’s name is cleared for something she had nothing to do with. ... The truth is finally here.”

Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Walker said Nicolas was driving at 85 miles per hour at the time of the crash. The prosecutor also noted that Nicolas was both texting and calling in the minutes leading up to the fatal collision.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,109,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Is this another thread with someone trying to blame it on Race?
If so it's a failure and takes away from when it might really happen.

Even us Texans thought that little Pr**k should be spending time in jail.
Difference here is she was an adult and he was a Juve when it all went down.
Right.

Also, the woman in CA MAY receive UP TO six years in prison. We all know she will not serve the entire sentence (which may not even be six years) in actual prison. She won't even be sentenced till September 4.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:45 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,343,765 times
Just to be clear, Texans are outraged that kid got off. He should have gone to jail and did his time. The reason he got off had zero to do with his race. It had everything to do with the fact his parents were rich and bought his freedom. It sickens me and TONS of other Texans who did not agree with how this case panned out

Old 08-28-2015, 06:50 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,902,841 times
So not a current event. One story in Texas and one in California. Two completely different things. Yeah, ok.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:18 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,665,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Why is this a current event?
Because racism!!! Racism!!!

I would go and put up all of the examples that will show how sentencing is all over the board and the real judicial injustice comes in the form of economics not race; however, everybody, except the racist race pimps who are completely focused on race in order to avoid the truth, already knows this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events