Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 10:22 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
See the second definition. It's sort of an old-fashioned word used to distinguish a person's administrative duties in which s/he is not called upon to use discretion from executive duties, or those in which s/he is expected to exercise decision-making and discretion.

Ministerial | Definition of ministerial by Merriam-Webster
I was trying to be funny. Evidently, I swung and I missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 10:23 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Doesn't address my statement in the least.
Oh? I thought that was the topic of this little tangent. Christianity losing popularity with the populace.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:24 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Sure, my post on Christian beliefs was more a response to what the other poster described Christianity to be rather than an all-encompassing reality of what Christianity is and isn't. I took issue with the other poster's reasoning and was showing how it was flawed.
Fair enough.

I would be impressed if Christian organizations with a gift for grabbing headlines put more energy in bringing attention to the plight of the the poor, and homeless. I can set my watch by the local abortion rallies, but I've never seen such efforts to bring a real solution to these problems. Feeding the poor is a great thing, solving poverty would be far more impressive.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:25 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I was trying to be funny. Evidently, I swung and I missed.
Oh, sorry! Words in print and all....

Old 09-02-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...l#post41054882

But I encourage you to make the same point to the post that I replied to, which stated that Christianity seems to be "all about" LGBT discrimination and abortion.
I totally agree with the person who said that, as do many people.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:31 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I totally agree with the person who said that, as do many people.
And, yet, you wrote "There is no "the Christian position". If there were, we would not have dozens (hundreds?) of Christian denominations." This is getting to be a bit ridiculous and is on a whole different level of silliness. What is it going to be? Is Christianity all about LGBT discrimination and abortion, or is there no "the Christian position?" You do know that there, per your statement, there are Christian denominations that fully support LGBT rights and that are pro-choice? This is ridiculous.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
And, yet, you wrote "There is no "the Christian position". If there were, we would not have dozens (hundreds?) of Christian denominations." This is getting to be a bit ridiculous and is on a whole different level of silliness. What is it going to be? Is Christianity all about LGBT discrimination and abortion, or is there no "the Christian position?" You do know that there, per your statement, there are Christian denominations that fully support LGBT rights and that are pro-choice? This is ridiculous.
The denominations which are more tolerant tend to not make any headlines.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:49 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
She is an elected official in an $80K a year job and refuses to obey a federal law, if she cannot be impeached due to the Bible stomping supporters, she shouldn't be paid.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:53 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LMAO Aagain, you don't know what a right is. It wouldn't surprise if you thought government granted rights.

Well, where do you think they come from? The Constitution was a document developed by members of the early American government.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:53 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Her "God's law" invocation. That's what ISIS says when it beheads, murders and stones people too.
What a sorry petty person she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events