Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 08:44 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
So how long is she going to stay in jail for? I hope she's not getting paid tax payer money to sit in a jail cell making tax payers also pay for her prison stay.

There is no way out of this except for her to resign or start doing her job.
And who is paying for her jail time? The taxpayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 08:50 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
And who is paying for her jail time? The taxpayer.
Cost is well worth it, as her county now abiding by the law leaves just 2 rogues nationally amongst over 3,000 counties.

99.9% compliance.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Manners and giving respect are going the way of the church. Nobody from either side of this issue takes two seconds to understand the other. Even the tone in here is angry and filled with mob-rule. This is a direct result of...well, you'll have to figure it out because you surely aren't listening.
The problem is there isn't really any foreseeable compromise from the other side. This isn't like a union wanting higher pay from an employer that wants to pay peanuts. We are talking Christians who are in elected offices denying gays the right to be married by law because it is against their beliefs. The Christians don't want to see the other side and the gays just want to be equal under the law.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is there isn't really any foreseeable compromise from the other side. .
Nor should there be one. 300 plus million must follow the law of the land. We remain a nation of laws, and those who break them, must pay the penalty.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:59 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL, that is one of the funniest posts on here. I'm glad I wasn't sipping on my iced tea when I read this.

granny longhair.....LMAO! And it would be poetic justice if her cellmate is "Large Marge" the 300 pound lesbian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I suspect she'll break within a few weeks. Course she might have found her cell/soulmate by then. 5th time...
It really is troubling that people who are condemning her for her decision to not issue SSM licenses are insinuating that being pushed/forced into a same sex relationship is 1) something that happens, and 2) is something that would be deemed horrible enough that it is a "punishment" she might receive. Seriously, how do you not see the disconnect?

Frankly, I fail to understand how some of the gay members aren't offended by some of these posts.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It really is troubling that people who are condemning her for her decision to not issue SSM licenses are insinuating that being pushed/forced into a same sex relationship is 1) something that happens, and 2) is something that would be deemed horrible enough that it is a "punishment" she might receive. Seriously, how do you not see the disconnect?

Some, such as I, believe contempt of court always warrants jail time. No matter the issue, no matter how I feel about the original court decision. All SCOTUS decisions should be followed to the letter, as it is our highest court. Of over 3,000 counties, all but 2 are now complying, including the county Davis worked in.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:07 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
The defiant (non)Clerk of Court has been found in contempt of court and is in the slammer tonight ...

Old 09-03-2015, 09:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
The defiant (non)Clerk of Court has been found in contempt of court and is in the slammer tonight ...
You don't say? Really? You would think that something like this would have already been posted. Thanks for the update!

Old 09-03-2015, 09:11 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Not all liberals support SSM marriage, actually I know a lot that don't especially Baptists from the South in the AA community that always vote for DEM. I am a mostly GOP voter but I support SSM. Issue has nothing to do with politics.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:12 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL, that is one of the funniest posts on here. I'm glad I wasn't sipping on my iced tea when I read this.

granny longhair.....LMAO! And it would be poetic justice if her cellmate is "Large Marge" the 300 pound lesbian.
Quote:
I suspect she'll break within a few weeks. Course she might have found her cell/soulmate by then. 5th time...

Frankly, I fail to understand how some of the gay members aren't offended by some of these posts.
Some, such as I, believe contempt of court always warrants jail time. No matter the issue, no matter how I feel about the original court decision. All SCOTUS decisions should be followed to the letter, as it is our highest court. Of over 3,000 counties, all but 2 are now complying, including the county Davis worked in.
Oh, I get the "she deserves to be in jail" sentiment, and I can certainly see where fair minded people may think that is just. That isn't the issue. It is the snarky comments basically saying she is going to be stuck in a same sex relationship, and the implication that that kind of relationship is a punishment, was what I was referring to as offensive. How can someone say out of one side of their mouth that she is an awful bigot for disapproving of SSM but say out of the other side of their mouth "but hey, maybe she'll get hers, and be forced into a same sex relationship. That'll teach her!" and think that is okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events