Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 12:40 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't see how we can make many conclusions about the situation since we have no idea what prompted it.

Of course, it's wrong as can be. But what led up to it?

Bingo and kudos. Just another race baiting thread. I want to see all the facts before I pass judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 12:43 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Now try to read this real slowly.

The thread and main question seems to be whether this is a racial incident (based on the title of the thread).

I said, "I don't see how we can make many conclusions about the situation since we have no idea what prompted it. Of course, it's wrong as can be. But what led up to it?"
It's irrelevent. What happened previously has zero to do with whether or not the beating is legally or morally justified.

Your racist excuse-making and "maybe she's a killer KKK member and the local men of honor were simply defending their community" supposition is beyond idiotic. It sounds like some Black Panther talking point from 1972.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:46 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
Low income black people are the most racist segment of society. They are taught from birth that society owes them something, and if they don't get what they want, it's because they're black. Very few in the urban community learn a good set of morals. I live in the Memphis area, and I watch low income black people act a fool in public areas all the time. We've had a few mob attacks in public where random people are attacked or property is vandalized.

On the flip side, there are intelligent black people who I would trust with my property or even my life because they dropped the "thug mentality" and learned how to live a productive life, thanks to great parents and/or education. The black community will never achieve greatness as long as rap music and the thug culture are popular. If you are in an inner city school and like to dress nice and try in school, you're ridiculed. They need to embrace education and achievements.
You're not allowed to say things like this. Telling the truth about the issues of the black community in America is explicitly not allowed.

You need to get with the program and blame whites, Asians, Hispanics, successful, middle class blacks, immigrants, police, and everyone else for the problems in ghetto America.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:46 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I go past this gas station on my way to work every day. Trust me - a white person would have to be completely suicidal to call anyone the N word in this neighborhood or totally out of their mind. This area is hard core ghetto. This white girl probably has a boyfriend or other friends in the area. This is not a gas station where a random white women would go to. This is a very rough neighborhood. I wouldn't walk this neighborhood late at night by myself if you gave me 10 grand in cash. It is frickin crazy. It is not uncommon to see hookers walking the street at 5am and giving you the eye and saying "Hey Baby" or thug kids 15 or 16 walking the streets with the hookers at 5 am. The stuff I see in the neighborhood is nuts. Chances are this girl isn't all that innocent, she is probably hooked up with all the bulls@@t going on in around that gas station.
While Locust & Teutonia is not a great area, it's definitely not say 27th & Burleigh. I work in that district. Trust me, I'd rather be on Locust & Teutonia over 27th & Burleigh any day. Unfortunately, I'm in the 27th & Burleigh area every day almost.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:02 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I go past this gas station on my way to work every day. Trust me - a white person would have to be completely suicidal to call anyone the N word in this neighborhood or totally out of their mind. This area is hard core ghetto. This white girl probably has a boyfriend or other friends in the area. This is not a gas station where a random white women would go to. This is a very rough neighborhood. I wouldn't walk this neighborhood late at night by myself if you gave me 10 grand in cash. It is frickin crazy. It is not uncommon to see hookers walking the street at 5am and giving you the eye and saying "Hey Baby" or thug kids 15 or 16 walking the streets with the hookers at 5 am. The stuff I see in the neighborhood is nuts. Chances are this girl isn't all that innocent, she is probably hooked up with all the bulls@@t going on in around that gas station.
I'm Black and I would never want to go there. My father is from one of the roughest parts of Milwaukee, and he doesn't live there anymore.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:29 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,497 times
If I gave these thugs the benefit of the doubt and didn't think they were the an word before, I certainly do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
say the N word, get the N treatment.

Mind your own business next time.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:48 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
It's irrelevent. What happened previously has zero to do with whether or not the beating is legally or morally justified.

Your racist excuse-making and "maybe she's a killer KKK member and the local men of honor were simply defending their community" supposition is beyond idiotic. It sounds like some Black Panther talking point from 1972.
Now I'm going to explain this again to you.

I already said it was wrong. Wrong. WRONG. Got that?

What I question is whether it is racially motivated just because there are 2 races involved.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
say the N word, get the N treatment.

Mind your own business next time.
Who said the n word?

Old 08-30-2015, 02:18 PM

85 posts, read 84,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
the white girl was lookin for love in all the wrong places
LOL. Yeah it usually ends badly for white girls looking for love in the ghetto.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:49 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDays123 View Post
LOL. Yeah it usually ends badly for white girls looking for love in the ghetto.
It also ends badly for Black girls who go looking for love in the ghetto. Has that ever been considered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events