Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 04:38 AM

167 posts, read 167,937 times

Advertisements

Not sure what prompted me to do this but I watched the VMAs last night. It was disgusting, ridiculous and pathetic. So many references to sex and drugs. Virtually every song is about one or the other. Most performers see how close they can get to masturbating or actually having sex on stage and Kanye claims to be running for President in 2020! And these dumb MFers that watch this stuff (on the reg - I don't count) are just stupid enough to vote for him.
If Kanye gets elected, I will move to Sweden or Norway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 04:41 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
Not sure what prompted me to do this but I watched the VMAs last night. It was disgusting, ridiculous and pathetic. So many references to sex and drugs. Virtually every song is about one or the other. Most performers see how close they can get to masturbating or actually having sex on stage and Kanye claims to be running for President in 2020! And these dumb MFers that watch this stuff (on the reg - I don't count) are just stupid enough to vote for him.
It's on once a year - you count.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:33 AM

174 posts, read 124,470 times
Quote:
Have you not been around the last...I don't know...25 years? It's once a year and we manage to get by.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:42 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,332,982 times
That's what draws in the ratings.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:50 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,139,350 times
Turning on a TV is the quickest way to get me to leave a room.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:09 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,967,702 times
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what rock have you been living under? Maybe it's more blatant today, but I can easily name songs of the 80s 70s and probably 60s that were about sex drugs or both, just referred to less directly.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:17 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,139,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
Just out of curiosity, what rock have you been living under? Maybe it's more blatant today, but I can easily name songs of the 80s 70s and probably 60s that were about sex drugs or both, just referred to less directly.
They didn't use auto-tune

Old 08-31-2015, 06:20 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
Kanye surely has "I disease" as in he needs to interject himself into every situation. Oddly enough Kim K. puts up with it as she has "I disease" as well. I thought those two would have killed each other by now!

I love this SNL skit......it really shows how the world sees them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0bT60BLYKM

Old 08-31-2015, 06:29 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,080,376 times
Not sure why MTV even has a music award show. They don't play music, produce music documentaries, etc. I thought the show was awful. I seen past MTV awards from the 90s to early 2000s. Late 90s to early 2000s was the beginning of the end when pop music became mainstream.

I did enjoy the Weeknds. That song reminded me of Michael Jackson.

Miley is an attention seeker. The outfits, the drug obsession, the overtop sexuality = manufactured for attention. She is the cash cow for the Cyrus family so ma and pa will not stop her.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:39 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,809,462 times
Quote:
I didn't watch it. I have no idea why anyone who would loathe something so badly could possibly be so confused as to think they would enjoy it in the first place, and therefore tune it in the first place. Happily, I have one of those fancy televisions with an OFF button, as well as this special feature that allows me to change channels. You should get one of those.

On a side note, every last generation in history has gone around wailing "We're doomed!" because of the next generation that's following it. Seriously. Read the ancient Greeks - they did it. The generation currently peddling the doom-and-gloom? Yep, the generation of their parents did the same thing while pointing the finger at them. And the generation that you so abhor? They'll do the same thing about their kid's generation.

Have some perspective. And for God's sake, quit thinking a music awards show matters. At all. Because it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events