Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:24 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,977,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Smh... People need to stop having kids if they are so forgetful that they nearly risk the child's life. "I forgot" my child in the cart, in the car, in the store etc should never be a valid excuse. I have a child and even in my worst parenting moments I have never forgot him... These stories about leaving kids in cars and random places are getting ridiculous now. It needs to be said: don't have any kids if your so overwhelmed and mind-f**** that you forget them and risk their lives.
I agree.

While some people may be able to handle 4 kids by 27, she clearly cannot. Anybody who is absent-minded enough to leave a kid in a cart or car or anywhere else probably should not have kids, not have so many kids, or become a little more responsible. It may sound harsh, but it's reality. Someone could have taken that baby. He could have been kidnapped or killed. A child left in the car could die. When it's literally life or death, someone needs to be harsh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 10:40 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Good news!!! She didn't forget her phone.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:11 AM

30,613 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Are we sure that we don't have another Casey Anthony on our hands?

Old 08-31-2015, 11:17 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Well, she's being charged for a reason.

And no one's going to convince me that she wasn't distracted by yakking on her phone, or texting.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:14 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Hey guys, there are people every year that forget and leave a baby in the car or whom drive off forgetting a kid etc.

If you are tired and juggling a million things and distracted, mistakes can and do happen.

Heck, the military had to add a function to the device where you target the enemy for an airstrike because someone entered THEIR OWN gps coordinates and not the targets. (Ooooops! I think about 8 people died in that friendly fire incident.)

Accidents happen and if it turns out this is a pattern of behavior, or if drugs are involved then that's one thing but if it's a one-time thing then I'd have some compassion.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:22 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,402,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Well, she's being charged for a reason.

And no one's going to convince me that she wasn't distracted by yakking on her phone, or texting.
Yep.

I get forgetting your kid at school if you aren't used to picking them up after work. But a 2mo newborn that your entire life is supposed to be wrapped up in? Nope.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:13 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times

Old 08-31-2015, 01:15 PM

185 posts, read 196,184 times
I have a friend who was a young mother in England during the 60's. At that time (I don't know if they still do it), it was common practice to go shopping with the baby and park the baby carriage outside the shop, go in and do your daily shopping and then collect the baby and go home. My friend, one day, forgot she had a baby and went home and only remembered when she saw the baby stuff when she walked into the house. She then went back to the village shop and collected her baby. She was not a bad mother, said baby grew up safely and is now a grandmother herself.. so its possible to make a mistake while raising children and it not be the end of the world.. It becomes a family story and you move on.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:16 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,761,293 times
Quote:
Smh... People need to stop having kids if they are so forgetful that they nearly risk the child's life. "I forgot" my child in the cart, in the car, in the store etc should never be a valid excuse. I have a child and even in my worst parenting moments I have never forgot him... These stories about leaving kids in cars and random places are getting ridiculous now. It needs to be said: don't have any kids if your so overwhelmed and mind-f**** that you forget them and risk their lives.
Unfortunately they don't find out they can't handle it until it is too late.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:18 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
I think probably the so overwhelmed and mind -f*** sets in AFTER one already has the 4 kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events