Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 06:37 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,553,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Probably because no matter how hard you try to keep things in perspective and realize that human error and collateral damage exists in all occupations but the haters and paranoid people can't be reasoned with. People who don't understand the life of living with LEO's and what being treated like crap by the haters, idiot factor, and the not me crowd almost every day of your life does to a person. Relating to the victims is not the issue. Keeping things in perspective by not insisting that every LEO is rogue, going to blow your brains out or are going to rough you up and basically talking like some delusional paranoid person is the issue. Bad things happen to good people all the time like my friend's daughter that burned to death in her car when she was hit from behind. Horrific, yes. Intentional no. It was a tragic mistake. Or like a friend of mine that died after a hernia repair. I mean really who dies after a hernia repair? Her mother said that she felt sorry for the surgeon who made a tragic mistake and how bad he must have felt for doing it. Again she was a very tragic collateral damage and the pity belonged on both sides of the fence...but...when it's a police officer that makes a mistake they are supposed to be held to a higher standard. Really? Why. Probably because it's so much more fun to hate authority and act like paranoid crazy people (?) Maybe people should start shooting random innocent physicians in the head because black lives matter and my friend that died from the hernia repair was black. Her surgeon was white. Sounds insane when you look at it that way doesn't it? Well cop lives matter and many innocent good peoples lives just got even more dangerous. Lets stop the hate and live in the real world where perspective and logical thinking should matter the most and put aside the one size fits all mentality.
Please, enough of that. Cops and Doctors are not the same, if a Man dies under a Surgeons knife, at least it was in an attempt to save that life, which is not always Possible. When a Cop shoots another person needlessly, its a Criminal Offense, not a "Mistake." The Public is not outraged by "Mistakes" as the apologist try to make these rogue actions look like innocent mistakes.

If Cops want to improve their reputation, let them start by cleaning up their own ranks. Have the Good Cops turn in the Bad Cops, and testify against them. If they can't or won't be willing to do that, then they are a part of the Problem also.

As far as people shooting random Physicians as if they are like the Cops, that's not going to happen. There is no desire to kill others trying to save lives. What you are seeing, is your idea being applied to the Police. Nut cases are shooting Police at random, for what the Bad ones are doing. My prediction is that you will see a lot more of this too.

The problem is easy to solve, and the Police can solve it themselves. All they have to do is treat the Police Department as if it was the Street. They know who the bad guys and the good guys are, same as on the street, but even better, because they are on the inside. They know what's legal and what's not, and witness a lot of things. They could clean up their own ranks if they chose to do it. Why aren't they doing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 06:42 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,553,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
Yeah they should, unless they have reasonable cause to suspect someone could be guilty of something.
NO, they can not enter your home without a Warrant. Its against the Law.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 PM

962 posts, read 627,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
NO, they can not enter your home without a Warrant. Its against the Law.
I worded that wrong...I meant, yes they should be arrested for entering someone's house for no reason.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:36 PM

133 posts, read 171,498 times
And you know this how? Your response is laughable.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
If you where in "Health Care" and Killed Patients when you felt like it, you could come and comment on how the two are similar. But you don't and they aren't. Doctors try to save people. Bad Cops kill people. Big difference, but nice try. Being human and not being perfect is only a good excuse if no one dies, and no Laws or Policy is violated.
I repeat, I AM IN HEALTH CARE. Mistakes happen, we are human, not superheroes. Cops don't indiscriminately execute people and if you think that then you need professional help.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:45 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,865,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doxies View Post
I repeat, I AM IN HEALTH CARE. Mistakes happen, we are human, not superheroes. Cops don't indiscriminately execute people and if you think that then you need professional help.
Amen!!! Like I've said before, these people who obsess about hating on the cops need to call a Crip the next time they need help and see how well that works for them.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Amen!!! Like I've said before, these people who obsess about hating on the cops need to call a Crip the next time they need help and see how well that works for them.
I agree, people like to complain about things that they know nothing about. High pressure high stress and high expectations. Most of those that complain the loudest are unemployed or underemployed and jealous of the benefits and salaries of our public servants. Personally, they couldn't pay me enough to do that job.

12,601 posts, read 7,188,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Probably because no matter how hard you try to keep things in perspective and realize that human error and collateral damage exists in all occupations but the haters and paranoid people can't be reasoned with. People who don't understand the life of living with LEO's and what being treated like crap by the haters, idiot factor, and the not me crowd almost every day of your life does to a person. Relating to the victims is not the issue. Keeping things in perspective by not insisting that every LEO is rogue, going to blow your brains out or are going to rough you up and basically talking like some delusional paranoid person is the issue. Bad things happen to good people all the time like my friend's daughter that burned to death in her car when she was hit from behind. Horrific, yes. Intentional no. It was a tragic mistake. Or like a friend of mine that died after a hernia repair. I mean really who dies after a hernia repair? Her mother said that she felt sorry for the surgeon who made a tragic mistake and how bad he must have felt for doing it. Again she was a very tragic collateral damage and the pity belonged on both sides of the fence...but...when it's a police officer that makes a mistake they are supposed to be held to a higher standard. Really? Why. Probably because it's so much more fun to hate authority and act like paranoid crazy people (?) Maybe people should start shooting random innocent physicians in the head because black lives matter and my friend that died from the hernia repair was black. Her surgeon was white. Sounds insane when you look at it that way doesn't it? Well cop lives matter and many innocent good peoples lives just got even more dangerous. Lets stop the hate and live in the real world where perspective and logical thinking should matter the most and put aside the one size fits all mentality.
Maybe that's why after two thousand years they still call it "a practice"?

2,630 posts, read 1,448,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Best not to call a cop in the first place because you can end up dead. The fuzz are arrogant and gun happy.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Best not to call a cop in the first place because you can end up dead. The fuzz are arrogant and gun happy.
Well then next time you have an emergency, call your local drug dealer and see how that works for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events