Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 06:38 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,598,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Again, the assumption being that one would be disturbing you, due to their organ? If people could look at the Transgendered (male to female) person as not being a threat, since they are not identifying as a straight male. I know it would seem odd, since we are used to the separateness of female and male, but they are not "being male", despite the existence of their organ.
Yes … When I was a boy, my interests were in books and science and ideas … not in sports …

One of my male cousins derided me for this, convinced that I was "*****" …

*shrug* … Some macho guys seem to have issues with their own masculinity ...

Old 09-03-2015, 06:50 AM

29,560 posts, read 14,701,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
(biology major, here, BTW)

Indeed, thus far no one has clearly identified a gene (or complex of interacting genes) that codes for an XY male or an XX female to be also "gay" or "lesbian" or bi-sexual" or "transgender" …

Some of these legitimate human variations apparently arise during development … But they are not about any "mental illness" or defect or any such thing ...

Again, biologically/embryologically/anatomically, there is not a *bright*line* that clearly neatly 100% separates "male" from "female," but rather there is a continuum ...

Okay, biology major...you have the ability to see and maybe believe more about this than the average person. The school is there to educate the masses, they are like most schools barely operating in the black so they don't have the time and or money to get all "Sheldon" about this. For them, the faculty and the parents it has to be simple , XX and XY ..boys and girls. They already bent over backwards to accommodate the transgender teen, with their own private bathroom. All parties should have been happy at that point, and if the teen wasn't than so be it. Until science comes up with another chromosome designation for another "sex" people aren't going to buy into the whole psychological and philosophical explanations for sexuality or continuum.
Again, I believe it's the parents choice on this one. Remember all these kids are underage, so they don't get to dictate protocol here.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Seems to me that if his claim is real then he should accept the fact he is different and stay away from both male and female bath rooms.
But he respects neither, and is after forcing his way to do what he really wants, and that is to be in the girls locker room.
Exactly. Many people with handicaps overcome and embrace their difference. This person should as well, and shouldn't be coddled. That is the problem we are seeing more and more in society. People that are different than others are coddled, then when they get into a situation that they aren't they have no idea how to handle it.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:55 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,680,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
We were ALL transgender, in the womb.

Some fetuses hormones went wonky, through no fault of their own (being that they were fetuses) and they ended up born with the incorrect genitalia.

A bit like babies being born with extra thumbs. It happens. Fix it surgically when they're old enough for it to bother them>>>>Transgendered Person.
It has been known for some to be born with BOTH female and male genitalia and a Dr. decided which sex the infant would become! I have had a theory that, if Reincarnation exists, it may have something to do with one's soul not being compatible with the body it is born into. Let's face it, how many times has it been said by someone, indicating they had "known all their life" that they were really the opposite sex? Doubtless, there have been countless instances in which a child would tell their parents, which had been ignored. No wonder there are many who became confused, frustrated - some resisting, due to upbringing or other influences.

I have always been an empathetic person, so I cannot help feeling for what others endure.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:56 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
Two things:

First, straight men have been doing all these kinds of things anywhere, but not where others may see them. I am wondering about these places that some are referring to and what makes these restrooms "secluded"? I am envisioning women's bathrooms with many stalls such as at department stores, venues, restaurants, movie theatres - that are busy with activity. Why would something like that occurr there?

Secondly, this story is regarding a teen student. It was said that they had been using a separate restroom, but maybe the restriction made "her" feel it was just a setback, a continued lack of acceptance, rather than getting ahead with fulfilling her identity as she desires.

See, we don't know, but just imagine what these people must be experiencing.. as if life is not difficult enough as we know it.
Yet you are completely ignoring what the girls must be experiencing. Your rights end where they infringe on others. Period. You cannot FORCE a woman to be around a nude man. Well, unless you're a hypocrite, that shrieks about bullying, but condones it in cases like this.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:59 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,598,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay, biology major...you have the ability to see and maybe believe more about this than the average person. The school is there to educate the masses, they are like most schools barely operating in the black so they don't have the time and or money to get all "Sheldon" about this. For them, the faculty and the parents it has to be simple , XX and XY ..boys and girls. They already bent over backwards to accommodate the transgender teen, with their own private bathroom. All parties should have been happy at that point, and if the teen wasn't than so be it. Until science comes up with another chromosome designation for another "sex" people aren't going to buy into the whole psychological and philosophical explanations for sexuality or continuum.
Again, I believe it's the parents choice on this one. Remember all these kids are underage, so they don't get to dictate protocol here.
For sure, every school's number one job is teaching science, math, history, etc. … and not being a cutting edge special place for progress of social movements …

But in order for learning to take place, the students must perceive "school" to be a safe and welcoming environment
In the past, GLBT children were just "thrown under the bus" … and even abused and rejected …
But we try not to do that any more … Some people object to this, for various reasons … and the solution is obviously simple and "straight" forward … unless … your beloved child is one of those troublesome human beings who is GLBT through no fault or choice of his/her own ...

Old 09-03-2015, 07:01 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
The point is, there are many who will influence their kids in how to believe, even when the kids may have had a different outlook. It has been observed and remarked upon in recent years how the young people have begun being the open minded, accepting ones and will be instrumental in needed change. It is doubtless the older, backward thinkers are those who have and will attempt to control how their younger family members think.

To the rest of what you said... OMG..
So now trying to protect young girls from a man in their locker room is backward thinking?

Old 09-03-2015, 07:01 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,957,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The boy has not undergone any type of transition, other than wearing a wig and dressing in women's clothing. And of course, wanting to share the womens' restroom and locker room. It's a different story if and when he undergoes a sex change operation. Until then, he is a cross dressing male. And doesn't belong in the girls restroom or locker room.
When I was in high school, I would have gladly worn a wig and women's clothes if it meant I could have hung out in an area with naked girls.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:02 AM

4,879 posts, read 6,943,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

Old 09-03-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yet you are completely ignoring what the girls must be experiencing. Your rights end where they infringe on others. Period. You cannot FORCE a woman to be around a nude man. Well, unless you're a hypocrite, that shrieks about bullying, but condones it in cases like this.
Why is it so hard for people to get this ?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events