Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 01:58 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,885,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Is the basic treatment for depression mental counseling to move on or lobotomies?
SRS is not the first step for treating gender identity problem either. It's the last one

Old 09-04-2015, 02:10 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,620,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
People are worried about things that don't matter. Changing clothes in front of people of the opposite sex doesn't have to become a sexual situation. At some point people will realize this is all a waste of energy.

I understand the principal just didn't want to get into hot water legally so he accepted the request for the transgender teen to use the girls locker room. The girls who complained just need to relax and realize we are not talking about a pervert, but someone with an unconventional sexual identity. If one of them glimpse a view of her flaccid penis, it isn't the end of the world anymore than them seeing each others body parts. It will not scar anyone for life and people need to raise their children with a bit more awareness than this.
How old are your daughters?

Old 09-04-2015, 02:15 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,620,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Why do people keep saying "young girls" and "naked man? when talking about this teenage trans girl being in a locker room? A teenage girl is a little child but a trans teenager is a grown man?
Your bigotry is showing.
I'm sorry, did you not see the photograph of the 'trans teenager'? That is a fully sexually mature male physique. There are quite possibly "young girls" in that locker room. There are no photos provided.

The funny part of your post is that you seem to think that teenagers of different biological genders should be using the same changing facilities as long as they are both 'young' or both 'adult'.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:47 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
As a straight adult male, indeed, I would not belong in a female locker room, either nude or clothed …
Of course, I am not a "transgender" person ...
No male, straight or not, belongs in a female locker room. Why do you insist that being "transgender" changes that? They are still the same body, boy parts and hormones.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:51 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
People are worried about things that don't matter. Changing clothes in front of people of the opposite sex doesn't have to become a sexual situation. At some point people will realize this is all a waste of energy.

I understand the principal just didn't want to get into hot water legally so he accepted the request for the transgender teen to use the girls locker room. The girls who complained just need to relax and realize we are not talking about a pervert, but someone with an unconventional sexual identity. If one of them glimpse a view of her flaccid penis, it isn't the end of the world anymore than them seeing each others body parts. It will not scar anyone for life and people need to raise their children with a bit more awareness than this.
No, no, NO. A man who insists on being in the presence of women while the people in question are in varying states of undress IS a pervert. Sexual identity is irrelevant.

Oh my g*d. To think that just because they don't have an erection, or aren't interested in girls, makes it OK for a man to expose themselves in front of women is disgusting.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:56 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
So a parents expectation that their young daughter not be exposed to a naked man is unreasonable?

Identity is irrelevant in this situation.
Perfectly stated.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:17 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,255 times
Quote:
If one of them glimpse a view of his flaccid penis, it isn't the end of the world anymore than them seeing each others body parts.
There, I fixed it for ya. Boys have penises, girls have vaginas.

Also, you're taking a big leap assuming that a teenage boy's penis will remain flaccid in the presence of teenage girls in various stages of undress.

The school has an obligation to prevent the chance of genital exposure to underage children of the opposite sex. That's the whole reason why there are separate restrooms and locker rooms for boys and girls.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:23 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,634,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Its called Born That Way.

You don't just decide you want to be the other gender, particularly in our world of rampant transphobia.

Do you think Warren Beatty and Annette Bening should be arrested? Because their daughter is transgender!

What about Brad and Angelina? Shiloh is showing every sign of wanting to be born a boy, from day one! Should they be jailed because they let her wear boys clothes and play with boys toys?

How ridiculous...and cruel...! Transgenders HURT NO ONE.
But you're not understanding the argument. "

So what, a girl wants to wear pants, likes the color blue and plays with trucks? I played barbie dolls when I was 3 when I went to my neighbors house who had a daughter my age. Does that make me trans?

Gender is a social norm. Sex is biological. So this boy is a male, sexually who feels more comfortable dressing and acting as a female. He's still a guy biologically.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:47 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,668,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
But you're not understanding the argument. "

So what, a girl wants to wear pants, likes the color blue and plays with trucks? I played barbie dolls when I was 3 when I went to my neighbors house who had a daughter my age. Does that make me trans?

Gender is a social norm. Sex is biological. So this boy is a male, sexually who feels more comfortable dressing and acting as a female. He's still a guy biologically.
Bingo. I would add only that he feels more comfortable acting as what HE perceives to be female. I've often asked how can a transgender claim to know what the opposite gender "feels" like? As a woman, I would never presume to define what it "feels" like to be a woman. I only know how I feel, not all of womankind. There is no one particular way that it "feels to be female." We are all individuals, all 7 billion of us (females AND males, that is).

So this boy feels how he feels. He wants to wear a wig and lipstick. Fine. But that has nothing to do with feeling like he is the opposite gender, any more than Danica Patrick wanting to race cars. That is not something most females do, but she isn't claiming she "feels male" because of her preference.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:02 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,910,074 times
I don't get the trans thing either. Gay I understand. Go to the bathroom according to what parts you have.

A society can't be successful when catering to the needs of each individuals' maladies, real or imagined. Everyone has problems of some type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.