Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2015, 05:54 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
There ain't much educating to be done with this topic. Lefty loons and other emotionally tied sad sacks can feel comfortable with the entire freakshow but those of us who like normalcy know all we need. I am weary with the amount of tats, piercings. implants and other methods people use to demonstrate their [yawn] uniqueness.

Goodness and grace have nothing to do with it.
Are you talking this particular situation, or America in general?

This a country that bought us Hooters, AK47s at Walmart - yet seemingly outraged by hidden genitalia.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:57 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
What is wrong = EXCLUSION.

It makes her feel like she doesn't belong anywhere.

This is a CHILD people, being made to feel like she has leprosy or is unfit to share bathrooms.
Once again, this person is not more important than all the girls protesting. This person had a separate area to use and that wasn't good enough. Enough with the attention seeking agenda.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:02 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
Back in the early 90's had a customer that had a van I worked on.

Told me he was getting a divorce...not that I cared but whatever floats.

Later on noticed a slight tint of lipstick on his lips and there was female clothes (dresses) inside the van.

As time went on the lipstick got more pronounced and obvious and a tinge of makeup along with hair getting longer to his shoulders...... like todays Jenner.

I retired and have No idea what ever happened to him but based upon todays Gender problems guess he was turning into a Transgender.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:09 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:

This is a CHILD people, being made to feel like she has leprosy or is unfit to share bathrooms.
This is what's wrong with the world.

He doesn't need to feel included. He's a male with a psychological problem. He's not female; therefore, he doesn't belong in the girls locker room and bathroom. Coddling him will only hurt him in the long run. He's going to grow up to be a man-child who feels he needs to be included in everything. There's a psychopath in the making.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:39 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:

No, either the child can share a bathroom with those that have the same genitalia or the child can use the unisex facility that has been provided.

If I had a biological female child at a school where a child with a penis was using the same facilities I would demand separate facilities for my child. I guess my kid, and the other 150 students who object, could now use the gender neutral facility.

As a teacher I have encountered all sorts of children who have something about them that set them apart and makes them feel like they don't belong to the larger group - Jehovah Witnesses children who don't say the pledge, kids who have to eat at a separate table because they are allergic to peanuts, Pentecostal girls who can only wear skirts, children with serious chronic illnesses who can't participate in PE, kids whose parents opt them out of sex ed, Muslim children, kids whose parents won't allow them to use social media, Wiccan children, kids whose parents won't let them watch TV, and list is infinite. Those kids all must somehow learn how to accept that being different is part of who they are, there will be those who will never accept them as a friend because of it, there are groups they will never be able to belong to because of it, and they have to figure out whether they would rather be true to themselves or whether it's not worth it to them so they'll cave to society's norms. Teachers can't make other kids like them or accept these kids as part of their group, all we can do is everything in our power to try to prevent them from being bullied or mistreated.

Do you honestly think these girls are going to like the transgendered child better or think they are part of their group just because they are now using their bathroom or locker? Or do you think they are going to go from feeling neutral or supportive to resentful since this person has made it so they are no longer feel comfortable taking a shower after gym since they would have to do it with an intact male? As someone who works with this age range, let me help you out, the likihood that the transgendered child will be shunned by biological females has just increased significantly.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:08 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
This is what's wrong with the world.

He doesn't need to feel included. He's a male with a psychological problem. He's not female; therefore, he doesn't belong in the girls locker room and bathroom. Coddling him will only hurt him in the long run. He's going to grow up to be a man-child who feels he needs to be included in everything. There's a psychopath in the making.
Or it could go the other way. Given the right encouragement, he could turn out to be a decathlon athlete. Maybe end up on a Wheaties box.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:23 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Or it could go the other way. Given the right encouragement, he could turn out to be a decathlon athlete. Maybe end up on a Wheaties box.
That, or he'll keep his victims' body parts in a Wheaties box.

Kids need to learn how to deal with their realities. He needs to be told no, he can't use the girls' facilities because he's not a girl. He needs to man-up. (Asolutely no pun intended.)

Old 09-05-2015, 07:29 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
He's a mental and emotional unstable boy who needs a doctor, not a female locker room. Since when does the feelings of one trump the rest of the students?

Old 09-05-2015, 07:39 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Let's try this again. Just like a transgender child doesn't want to use bathroom and locker facilities with people they perceive as being of a different gender, non-transgender children do not want to use bathroom and locker facilities with people they perceive as being of a different gender. The solution that addresses both of those scenarios is to provide the transgender child access to a gender neutral facility, which the school did all last year.

To sum it up:
  • Non-Transgender child with a penis: Different gender = people with vaginias = facilities with no vaginias or gender neutral
  • Non-Transgender child with a vaginia: Different gender = people with penises = facilities with no penises or gender neutral
  • Transgender child with penis: Different gender = people with penises = facilities with no penises or gender neutral. Since they have a penis any facility they use will no longer be without penis so they need to use a gender neutral facility.
I didn't include the transgendered child with vaginias because they don't seem to want to use the penis filled facilities.
Yes, let's try this again. This young person reacted to having been restricted I believe, due to it being another slap in the face, that "she" would still not be accepted living as female, when she and others are just fighting for rights. Probably, after getting out of school, it could be a bit easier.. but what about all the other boys and girls who will be faced with this? Something will need to be done, creating proper places for and rules for OTHERS to follow, with rethinking in respect to Transgenderism. Certainly, in this country and particularly in certain areas, it will continue to be very difficult for them, due to a lack of acceptance, being put down, restricted, attacked - and continue leading to suicide.

No matter what you or others say, believe or feel, those in the LGBT community are not going to disappear just because some are resistant and still possess limiting views. None of us are going to be able to reverse this and people are going to have to learn to get along with others, developing acceptance. Look, I don't have all the answers, I have always just had compassion for others.

BTW, I don't know what you have taught, but the word is spelled vagina.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:40 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,890,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
He's a mental and emotional unstable boy who needs a doctor, not a female locker room. Since when does the feelings of one trump the rest of the students?
She's certainly not unstable, not more than other kids in their teens, (or at the least we have no reasons to believe otherwise from what is publicly available) and you're obviously not her doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events