Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 03:52 PM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Now that's real mature. This isn't news, it's a stupid story of a stupid kid doing a stupid thing and it's being blown out of proportion. Why does everything have to be sensationalized? Shouldn't even have been a back page story let alone generate this much attention.
Wrong. People should not patronize a business that treated them badly. Hit their WALLETS-where it hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 05:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
I'm not stupid enough to say "We don't serve gay people", or "we don't serve police", you have to be tactful and say things like "sorry we are completely booked for that weekend" or "yes, we can do that for $2000" and let the customer walk, and yes every now and then someone is just an ass so I throw them out, if they will not leave we call the police and have them trespassed from the property. Odd, we've never been sued
You're right about using tact, I've always wondered why these people that got themselves in trouble said what they did to begin with.

I would also add that you've probably just not hit the right (or wrong) person yet. Doesn't take much to encounter some kind of militant " perpetually offended" group/person nowadays who'd insinuate and infer their particular slight of choice even if all you said was "good day".

Hope your luck holds out until you retire!!

Old 09-04-2015, 06:46 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times
So basically this female police officer made a big stink about a joke at a Arby's drive-thru from a minimum wage employee & his manager refusing to serve her which didn't happen. She was served in the end!
The manager gets fired & the 19 year old employee is suspended.

I hope she feels good for basically throwing 2 low wage workers at a fast food place into the Unemployment & Welfare lines because she couldn't understand a joke! Guess who get's to pay for their Unemployment Insurance & Food Stamps for being fired because a "cry baby" cop got her "wittle feelings" hurt at a drive-thru?
I can see her resume now!
" Sgt. Martin upheld the dignity of police officers everywhere by tackling the brutal discrimination against Pembroke Pines police who were discriminated by the rebellious & anarchist employees of Arby's!"

I bet her yearly salary is larger than both of those Arby Employees with benefits.

Arby's makes decision on clerk accused of denying officer service - CBS News

Ridiculous!

Old 09-04-2015, 08:05 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,611 times
That's something we can agree on. Not just because they were rude to this cop, who, probably didn't deserve it, but because they were very rude to me a few days ago. They tried to cheat me out of mozzarella sticks. When I went in to get the rest of my cheese sticks, they were rude. Didn't even apologize. I am a very polite, if not friendly, person irl (if I do say so myself). I didn't deserve their attitude, so I waited for them to drop more cheese sticks, then asked for my money back.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It seems you don't understand the hypocrisy. Go back and read the example I gave. Black people are not part of this equation.
I just had to laugh and shake my head, lol. It's sad, but great post.

It's Obama's fault lol.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,453,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
Wah wah, cop needs to grow a pair.
That police union would prefer that they go to Krispy Kreme.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:14 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,931,139 times
Why did they want the employees fired? Seriously, can you think of a worse job than working at an Arby's? It's a punishment in and of itself

Old 09-05-2015, 01:32 AM

927 posts, read 968,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Arby's food sucks anyways.
Yeah, it does and they don't serve donuts so, why would a stupid cop want go there anyway.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:33 PM

557 posts, read 736,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So basically this female police officer made a big stink about a joke at a Arby's drive-thru from a minimum wage employee & his manager refusing to serve her which didn't happen. She was served in the end!
The manager gets fired & the 19 year old employee is suspended.

I hope she feels good for basically throwing 2 low wage workers at a fast food place into the Unemployment & Welfare lines because she couldn't understand a joke! Guess who get's to pay for their Unemployment Insurance & Food Stamps for being fired because a "cry baby" cop got her "wittle feelings" hurt at a drive-thru?
I can see her resume now!
" Sgt. Martin upheld the dignity of police officers everywhere by tackling the brutal discrimination against Pembroke Pines police who were discriminated by the rebellious & anarchist employees of Arby's!"

I bet her yearly salary is larger than both of those Arby Employees with benefits.

Arby's makes decision on clerk accused of denying officer service - CBS News

Ridiculous!
The worker was probably a thug who hated cops, imagine if the shoe would have been on the other foot and manager said we don't serve blacks , why is Arby's hiring these thugs. Their food sucks anyway and they don't support law enforcement or the military.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:17 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,424,181 times
Sounds to me like the manager threw the employee under the bus by putting words in his mouth. I don't fully understand the timeline and worker positions in the store, but I see it as Davenport was 10 cars deep and trying to put orders together and asked the Mirabal for help (such as taking the money). Mirabal, trying to make light of the delay and chaotic situation, suggests that Davenport's absence is do to him not wanting to serve police officers. Well, this goes over like a lead balloon and Jennifer Martin comes inside to get her food, decides against it and gets the refund.

I haven't been able to find a good break down of the events. At first it sounded like Davenport asked for help, Mirabal told him to tell the office she wasn't going to be served and he relaid the message. Now it sounds more like what I described above. I haven't seen a quote from Sgt. Martin as to exactly who said what to her. Arby's sounds like they did the right thing by interviewing all persons involved, other customers in the store, and reviewing video tape.

I feel bad for Davenport if he did nothing wrong. He is probably not too thrilled about working the night shift at Arby's to begin with, but he is just trying to do his job. Stressed about the delays, he asks his manager for help and the next thing he knows, he's in the national spotlight as a cop hater. All for $8 an hour. By putting Davenport on paid leave they are just trying to keep a low profile with him until this blows over. Judging from the comments on the different stories, you don't need a parade of mouth breathers coming in just to yell at the guy. It would be nice if Arby's or even the Pembroke Pines PD made a statement that Davenport was free of wrongdoing (if that is the case) just to help him clear his name.

Accusations are made on the front page, but retractions are on page 12.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events