Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:09 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times

Advertisements

Of course, there will be those who want to follow you and you will be their savior. There is a cult in a town near me and this cult is led by a man who claims to be the Messiah. He has several children he has given weird Biblical names to. He has about 50 followers. I don't know if his children are counted among them. They are home schooled and I wonder how much they know about their situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 10:14 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Can you go to Wal-Mart and get the cheesy $20 wig like the idiot trying to use the girls bathroom did. It makes it so much more convincing.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:18 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Paul wasn't just a man referenced in the Bible.
And I never said anything about the Bible being true.
I just said that Jesus -- the man killed by Romans -- was a real person.
The stories of his miracles and whatnot are up in the air and up to whomever wants to believe what, but this isn't really the case here.

Emperor Nero blamed those following Jesus for the fire that destroyed Rome in mid 1st century, shortly after Jesus' death. Why would the emperor blame a man who'd never existed?
And you still have presented anything but hearsay as proof.

Nero blamed the FOLLOWERS for the fire. Seems that Jesus wasn't around.

People FOLLOW all kinds of strange things and ideas, that does not mean they are true, or have any proof to back them up. I have books and books of religious stories, I find no reason to believe any of them are FACT, and no reason to believe that the people and in some cases talking animals in them are real characters. Most of them have outside "evidence" like the actions of their followers, or people who claimed to have been there first hand. Still no PROOF.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:20 AM

17,160 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So he wrote of his personal experience of others telling stories about someone who supposedly died.

Where is any real verifiable evidence that such a person existed. Like the Roman records of this person being crucified, or the Roman census records. Romans were well known for record keeping, yet no mention of this "rabble rouser" who caused so much trouble from anyone who actually was involved during his lifetime.

There is video of OBL. But if someone told him stories of someone that there is not PROOF of them ever existing, should your son take their word as fact?
Roman Imperial archives also show that Tiberius (who reigned during Jesus' life) ordered the senate to publicly recognize Christianity following the execution of Jesus.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:21 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I suppose if it's ok for a boy to feel like a girl, act like a girl, dress like a girl and want to use the girls bathroom, then it's OK for me to be Jesus Christ. Especially, if in my soul, that's who I feel like I am. I'll expect everyone to refer to me as Jesus.

(now, why is it that I'd probably be recommended to seek mental help while a boy who thinks he's a girl is just standing up for his rights? After all, if it's what I believe, who's to tell me I'm wrong?)
There's a biological basis for gender and the complications that arise, given the complex systems of the human body.

There's no biological basis for coming back from the dead and taking half the world's population with you to la la land.

So you'd be wrong.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:21 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,037,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Why do you give a rat's ass what another person identifies as? If you want to be a mythical being, more power to you, and let me how it goes when you try to walk on water.
I don't give a rat's ass....until they force me to take notice, like this kid in Lela is doing.

I have 2 daughters, and I'll be damned if a boy with a penis, wearing a wig is going to be strutting around in the ladies lockeroom with them.

Like I said, I don't care what someone does with their life, or whom they do it with, until it starts impacting my life and I'm forced to care.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:22 AM

17,160 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And you still have presented anything but hearsay as proof.

Nero blamed the FOLLOWERS for the fire. Seems that Jesus wasn't around.

People FOLLOW all kinds of strange things and ideas, that does not mean they are true, or have any proof to back them up. I have books and books of religious stories, I find no reason to believe any of them are FACT, and no reason to believe that the people and in some cases talking animals in them are real characters. Most of them have outside "evidence" like the actions of their followers, or people who claimed to have been there first hand. Still no PROOF.
Again, I never said anything about biblical stories being fact; just that Jesus as a person was recognized by leaders who were alive during his life.
Proof? I guess go study Roman Empire archives, like historians do.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:24 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Did something happen to the Jesus Christ that we met in the alley by our house 20 years ago? We just saw him once. We were standing talking to our neighbors across the street and a younger man with a beard and long hair stopped and talked with us for awhile. He looked at my husband and said "Do you remember me?" and my husband, being a long time resident studied the man and said "Sorry, I can't place you." and the man replied, "I'm Jesus Christ." We all took 3 or 4 steps back toward our houses. This man truly believed it.

So, if a man can truly believe that he is Jesus Christ, I guess a boy can believe he is a girl. BUT, they both belong in the psyche ward for evaluation to talk it through and/or be medicated. Some of these people do become a threat to themselves and others. Suicide among the troubled continues to grow and it is not about us deciding that abnormal behavior is normal but about them learning to live in their own skin and accept themselves the way they are/change/be medicated.

So, you or anyone can say you feel like Jesus Christ but don't expect me to want to stand too close.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:24 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Roman Imperial archives also show that Tiberius (who reigned during Jesus' life) ordered the senate to publicly recognize Christianity following the execution of Jesus.
OK, and that is not PROOF that a person named Jesus lived. Recognition of a religion does not speak to the validity of that religion or its founders. Rome recognized many religions, that does not mean Zeus actually exists.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:25 AM

3,507 posts, read 764,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I don't give a rat's ass....until they force me to take notice, like this kid in Lela is doing.

I have 2 daughters, and I'll be damned if a boy with a penis, wearing a wig is going to be strutting around in the ladies lockeroom with them.

Like I said, I don't care what someone does with their life, or whom they do it with, until it starts impacting my life and I'm forced to care.
I kinda doubt Jesus talks like that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events