Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:39 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times

Advertisements

Conservatives would be ok with this
They don't like "frivolous lawsuits"

Old 09-06-2015, 11:47 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
The woman has a right to be angry--she went into this wanting "one" thing and got completely different thing that comes with a lot of "issues" that that she will have to deal with it as a result. But here's the thing.... I really hope that this child was given to someone else. I can't imagine growing up and seeing that my mother sued a company because she was given me and I wasn't what she wanted. I feel bad for the child more than I do the parent. The child did not ask to be created. The child did not asked to be biracial. And certainly not to have parents that are so upset by the result of her presence that they are suing. So I truly hope that not only does this judge throw this case out(which it looks like he did) but that the child be given to a family that wants her and loves her. The childs picture is on the web and the lesbian mom's pic is on the web too-what child should grow up knowing that it is public knowledge that she was not wanted because she was not white?

Old 09-06-2015, 11:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Conservatives would be ok with this
They don't like "frivolous lawsuits"
I've no idea what you mean by this.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:55 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
She should have gotten the sperm straight from the source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
As long as the guy doesn't mind a possible 18 years of payments
But at least she would have been sure of the race of the father if she didn't want a black child. That matters to most, and obviously to her and her friend.

Old 09-06-2015, 12:01 PM

922 posts, read 806,658 times
It's understandable.Maybe Angelina Jolie can adopt this baby.

Old 09-06-2015, 12:11 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
I'm still bothered that the 'mother' considers that the child will suffer some prejudice from African American beauticians. Excuse me if I am over-simplifying her comment on having to take the child afar to an African American community to have her hair cut/styled, but from my MANY years of experience I would wager that ANY beautician would find the little one to be an adorable doll and would love to style her hair and treat her like a princess. Even so, the child is a toddler and would not even need a hair cut for some time to come. Seems such a petty thing to stress over.

Old 09-06-2015, 12:17 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
I'm still bothered that the 'mother' considers that the child will suffer some prejudice from African American beauticians. Excuse me if I am over-simplifying her comment on having to take the child afar to an African American community to have her hair cut/styled, but from my MANY years of experience I would wager that ANY beautician would find the little one to be an adorable doll and would love to style her hair and treat her like a princess. Even so, the child is a toddler and would not even need a hair cut for some time to come. Seems such a petty thing to stress over.
The mother is beyond silly. I just went to an african american salon the other day, and a white woman brought her biracial daughter to get her hair done. In fact it happens often--the biracial children come to the salon to get their hair done by black women and the black women do not say anything or treat them differently from other clients. It's actually strange to me that she thinks this...

Also I grew up in Dupage county(repping Naperville LOL!!!!)where she lives and she's full of shyt--we went to get our hair done almost 15 minutes-20 minutes away in middle class diverse areas and it was not a struggle or a long commute at all. There were also brown, and black kids in Dupage county at the schools--though not many--but now there are more and this girl would not be as much of an "outcast" as she'd like to think.

Last edited by Faith2187; 09-06-2015 at 12:29 PM..

Old 09-06-2015, 01:36 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Says she is owed damages because the baby isn't White and thus has to deal with issues faced by Blacks. Court said No.

Seem's odd that relatives & friends would accept Lesbians but would not accept a bi-racial baby.

Court throws out lesbian mom's lawsuit over sperm donor mix up: Woman claims she was left with bi-racial child she didn't want after being given black man's sperm when she asked for 'blonde, blue-eyed baby'
Seems odd, but then again, is does not.

If the woman bought and paid for a white refrigerator to go with her other white appliances, but received a black refrigerator, the court (if it came to that) would rule in her favor.
However, unlike an appliance, a child cannot be traded in for another one, like you can do with an appliance. Furthermore what she would need to go through again, (i.e. risk, cost, inconvenience, etc.) to have another baby should not be ignored/discounted.

As an FYI, I'd be saying the exact same thing if it were a black woman who sued because she received semen from a white donor. Many people wish to have kids and grandkids of the same race, religion, ethnic heritage, and it has nothing to do with racism or any other PC label some people might try to tack on to their decision.

`

Old 09-06-2015, 01:58 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
I just read the topic of this thread again and the thought struck me...

What color is sperm? Does black sperm resemble tadpoles or are the individual little guys white? The later applies.

It's like hoping for Nesquik when milking a cow.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:01 PM

884 posts, read 716,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
But then the state would secure money from the 'source' for 18 years or longer.

Men are starting to get wise to the game and getting a vasectomy or withholding sex from women that want their vital sperm to become a mommy.

Men are waking up and the dawn of a new era is here.

ouhhmmmm ouhhhmmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events