Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 05:23 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
There ya go. These "Hunters for Meat" know all that, and are just blowing smoke and setting up mirrors.
LOL, you understand that rant? Not sure if that poster is for you or against me?

LOL....You don't have to add all that stuff in, and what about reloading?

What if yo own your own land?

Yea yea yea...all you meat buyers from the grocery store are just setting up smoke and mirrors...cause you don't know every situation...

Old 09-14-2015, 05:23 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
What good does that information do you? Doesn't change a thing. Deer hunters don't go "Thrift Shopping" for guns. You know it and I know it. No one sits down and figures cost against need to put meat on the table, because there is no "Need." Only the "want."

Its been a few years since I hunted with a gun. Use a Camera now. My Deer rifle is a Remington Custom 700 BDL chambered in 30-06, with a Leupold Tactical Scope. And? I also have an assortment of others I can use if desired. Have used a 1871 Springfield Carbine in 45-70, for a change of pace.

BTW: Scope is for shots across open fields, which we have a lot of.
I have 43 weapons of which 15 are capable deer rifles. Guess which is my favorite, a 740 remington I bought for 175 bucks 6 years ago.

I don't need all that other junk to hunt deer but it's all paid off and I can sell most of it for decent coin. I could right now today sell it all , use a car and get my yearly deer that would be the cheapest meat I could ever get. On the farm in CO I fed the deer apples that fell off the tree all year and come opener just put the barrel across the fence and take my pick. That meat was almost free.

I do like the fact it's grass fed hormone, antibiotic free steaks.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:24 PM

5,224 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
What good does that information do you? Doesn't change a thing. Deer hunters don't go "Thrift Shopping" for guns. You know it and I know it. No one sits down and figures cost against need to put meat on the table, because there is no "Need." Only the "want."

Its been a few years since I hunted with a gun. Use a Camera now. My Deer rifle is a Remington Custom 700 BDL chambered in 30-06, with a Leupold Tactical Scope. And? I also have an assortment of others I can use if desired. Have used a 1871 Springfield Carbine in 45-70, for a change of pace.

All of my rifles and shotguns have been bought used.

Just because you have all of those things does not mean that you NEED them. Thats the point.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:26 PM

10,752 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
I have been around a lot of Hunters too, and most of them just like to go out and kill something. Some of them actually eat the meat, but not because they are too poor to buy food. Your argument is an old one, and doesn't carry any weight. I am pretty sure the Hunters you know are not much different from the ones I know, but I don't blame you for trying to defend killing animals for sport. I used the dame lines you used, when I was hunting for sport too. Nice try.
Implicit if your claim that some actually eat the meat, is the fact that others don't eat the meat. Wanton waste of game is a crime in every state in this country. Do you report those that you know that are letting game animals go to waste?

Having enough money to buy food is in no way an argument against hunting. If you operate as a contract killer, and have your food killed on your behalf, you don't occupy ANY moral high ground that would allow you to criticize hunters.

If the hunters you know waste game animals, they are in no way similar to hunters that I know and associate with.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:

So, we are doing what you used to do, just now. You sound like a reformed smoker.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:30 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Implicit if your claim that some actually eat the meat, is the fact that others don't eat the meat. Wanton waste of game is a crime in every state in this country. Do you report those that you know that are letting game animals go to waste?

Having enough money to buy food is in no way an argument against hunting. If you operate as a contract killer, and have your food killed on your behalf, you don't occupy ANY moral high ground that would allow you to criticize hunters.

If the hunters you know waste game animals, they are in no way similar to hunters that I know and associate with.
If you drop a deer in the woods, take the rack and leave the carcass, the meat will most certainly NOT go to waste just because humans won't eat it. Nature has it's own way of conserving protein.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Its the thrill of the kill, without the Danger of being hunted in return.
Interesting comment given that this thread was about hunting lion.

Do you have any idea how many people are maimed and killed by lions every year in Africa?

For more fun and interesting information, look into how many people are injured or killed in the US by deer, elk, bears, hogs, etc.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Interesting comment given that this thread was about hunting lion.

Do you have any idea how many people are maimed and killed by lions every year in Africa?

For more fun and interesting information, look into how many people are injured or killed in the US by deer, elk, bears, hogs, etc.
Ya, walking to a tree stand at 4am without a light in rattler and Mt Lion territory carries no risks at all. Especially with a bow and no other weapon.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
There are plenty of restaurants that serve venison and other wild game. Dine there.
Ah, someone else who believes they occupy the moral high ground, because they engage in contract killing of animals. Pathetic.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
What? WhAAAAAAT??? HaHaHaHaJaJaJaJaHaHaHaHHa!!!

One $200 rifle? Where? What if you go to a place that has shotgun only hunting? What if you have a close range 30/30 but want to hunt a field where the shot may be 200yds? Muzzleloader? Dedicated slug gun?

$1500 in ammo for 40 years? I guess you don't believe in sighting in and just general practice shooting to make sure you can hit the target? Always!

.74/pound??? You never, never, never try to figure out the price per pound for fish and game you catch/kill on your own. NEVER!

Now, what about hunting leases? Gunclub memberships? Tree stands? Ground blinds? Camo clothing? Quality boots? Bow/crossbow for archery? All the accessories? Bolts/arrows? Broadheads? Practice bolts/arrows and tips? Practice targets? Pick up? ATV? I can go on and on and on and on. The sky is the limit really!
Well there is certainly plenty of equipment for hunters to buy, the vast majority of that isn't necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events